Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:26:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW][PE] Mobile Artillery. Overpriced ?  (Read 9149 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »

If Stormies engage the M7 Priest, the Priest is pretty much death as it can not escape the second volley alive due to its slow speed either way.

Lets collect some of the points said out.

I lime Creeping Barrage. But damn as hell why to pay 3x more when I can have my Creeping barrage on my 25Pdr that is only 7 pop, 9 pool and 120 fuel? I see no point in it. Plus M7s 175m range is super, its like a nebelwerfer that fires good shells instead of piff burn rockets.

Tym said Mobile arty can be awsome, what can mobile arty do what immobile can't when they both do the exact same thing? Immobile one might not be as COOL as mobile one but being cool doesn't mean being useful. Priest and Hummel has to destroy far more than a immobile one too in order to gain back its cost and show its effectiveness.

Im sorry, but i really think your missing some key info.

1. Long before you pull out your priest you WILL know if a player is using stormies, so put a recon near the priest and the stormies won't be able to get near to get off thier shot.

2. Creeping barrage is nice, in the right circumstances, but 90% of the times i watch it used a standard barrage is usually much more effective (also the cooldown less) and either way a mobile platform such as a hummel or priest allows you to keep your max range with the line of battle.

3. V-1

4.Nebel should not be used as standard arty, use it for mass suppression just before an assault (or fire it point blank)

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 12:54:53 am »

So, the mobility means it should cost 3 times the cost of a immobile. Why not...you know, call out another arty piece after 1 gets offmapped? If they V1, RA, Firestorm, etc a immobile piece with a chance of it surviving you just lost up to 140 fuel and they lost a offmap that could kill even more. Calliopes case is entirely different as it is a god damn tank, its fast too and has sherman armor unlike priest and hummel.

So I will protect my single priest taking out 15 pop from my reserve to have a storm and I got only 10 pop to aid my team mates. Isn't that wonderful? 25 at max if game ends up in 40 pop fight

The RCA 25Pdr has the same range as the 105. It isn't small and from your spawn it can nearly reach the enemy's spawn leaving perhaps 2 sectors behind.

Hummel has a good range with fire barrage and even with its standard one so in terms of range it is fine, but priest. 175 range...only 75m longer than a 88's max range. I think it is same as nebelwerfer's range. Plus Priest isn't exactly the fastest vehicle, Neither is the hummel. They are slow.

25Pdr with +120 range is ultimately 3x cheaper than the mobile piece. 105 is around 2x cheaper. Priest is also 24 pool, while 25Pdr is 9. Something has to be done to make mobile more appealing.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 02:09:15 am »

On my terror, my V1's can neutralize up to 2 105s with just a click of a button

I am sorry,but since nerf to V1,unless it hits directly on 105,which rarely happens,it wont kill him,therefore u need 90% of the time 2 V1's for single 105,not vice versa  Wink
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 02:17:39 am »

In game experiences with the V1 may vary, but at least it kills the fuckin' 105. Meanwhile the 25lbr just trololols when it hears the V1 sound since it knows it has nothing to fear...
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2011, 02:28:36 am »

2 V1's also kill 25lbr Wink
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 02:35:23 am »

IF they BOTH direct hit, which according to you is rare. I'd disagree, but the reality is that it's fairly random. If the V1 hits the 105 it dies. If it hits the 25lbr... it's an offmap wasted. A fix is in order since there is absolutely no reason for this to be so.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 06:22:26 am »

i am the one who uses 3 hummels at once ,i once even had 4 hummels in my company until they changed the doc and u cannot have more than 3 , if u have 3 hummels then u got no at and u have completly relay on  tankbusers against tanks and vehicles and without dual panershrek tankbusters r totally fucked up ,coz in my eyes they r too weak and are killed instantly .... Grin Grin Grin Grin

and one more thing  my hummel over shoots often when it fires and is not too accurate is it have to do with ally buffs?Huh?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:27:37 am by GORKHALI » Logged

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 06:31:50 am »

no the tradeoff with the hummel, it the huge amount of damage its shell does, is counter balanced by the very big scatter angle so people who spam them like you cannt just trololol over everything with ultra powerfully ultra accurate arty

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 06:38:36 am »

A very Good find sir! Now I pay double T3s to get a Priest AND a Creeping!

How do you currently not pay double T3s to get a priest and creeping? Oh right, you do.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:40:40 am by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 07:15:06 am »

I think he is talking about is that if you want creeping barrage (if you remove it for 25s) that if you want to use creeps you have to buy 2 t3s but otherwise you could just do as gork allways did by just spamming 25 pounders and then have around 4-5 25s ripping trough the enemy line and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 07:24:19 am »

I think brn was trolling. We are not gonna make a T3 unlock only work if you have another one :p
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 08:04:48 am »

So, the mobility means it should cost 3 times the cost of a immobile. Why not...you know, call out another arty piece after 1 gets offmapped? If they V1, RA, Firestorm, etc a immobile piece with a chance of it surviving you just lost up to 140 fuel and they lost a offmap that could kill even more. Calliopes case is entirely different as it is a god damn tank, its fast too and has sherman armor unlike priest and hummel.

So I will protect my single priest taking out 15 pop from my reserve to have a storm and I got only 10 pop to aid my team mates. Isn't that wonderful? 25 at max if game ends up in 40 pop fight

The RCA 25Pdr has the same range as the 105. It isn't small and from your spawn it can nearly reach the enemy's spawn leaving perhaps 2 sectors behind.

Hummel has a good range with fire barrage and even with its standard one so in terms of range it is fine, but priest. 175 range...only 75m longer than a 88's max range. I think it is same as nebelwerfer's range. Plus Priest isn't exactly the fastest vehicle, Neither is the hummel. They are slow.

25Pdr with +120 range is ultimately 3x cheaper than the mobile piece. 105 is around 2x cheaper. Priest is also 24 pool, while 25Pdr is 9. Something has to be done to make mobile more appealing.

If you can't get 3 times the kills with a priest your doing it wrong.

If your getting ganked by things and finding out your all alone, your doing it wrong.

I have saved many many squads of infantry and atgs by parking my priest beside them and letting the 50 cal kill the threat, cant do that with a useless popcarrying 25 pdr.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:30 am »

If you can't get 3 times the kills with a priest your doing it wrong.

If your getting ganked by things and finding out your all alone, your doing it wrong.

I have saved many many squads of infantry and atgs by parking my priest beside them and letting the 50 cal kill the threat, cant do that with a useless popcarrying 25 pdr.

You know, Priest being 10 and 25Pdr 7 pop. You know, you could just call out a machinegun to do the job 8x better ?
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 08:09:21 am »

25's are great Smiley, never used priests cause they cost to much and looses me another crom which my opinion is worth 2 priests Tongue
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 09:49:43 am »

You know, Priest being 10 and 25Pdr 7 pop. You know, you could just call out a machinegun to do the job 8x better ?

not really, but then again, the priest is amazing. No changes needed, if you can't use it then fine but don't say it sucks because it doesn't work for you

As much as i would love the cost reduced and the Priest buffed, i know it would make it OP

@panzerman, a priest pens and 2-3 shots Hetzers, 4 shots p4's and Panthers i would gladly sacrifice the cromwell for a priest.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:54:08 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »

not really, but then again, the priest is amazing. No changes needed, if you can't use it then fine but don't say it sucks because it doesn't work for you

As much as i would love the cost reduced and the Priest buffed, i know it would make it OP

@panzerman, a priest pens and 2-3 shots Hetzers, 4 shots p4's and Panthers i would gladly sacrifice the cromwell for a priest.

It sucks because you still forget the fact that it costs 3x more than a 25Pdr which not only does the same job it does it cheaper. Therefore a change is needed to look onto the pricing. 25Pdrs goes up in price or Priest comes down in price. The issue is only the price nothing else.
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2011, 07:57:18 pm »

Idk, add a Priest to inf coy? Other mods have done it and IMO, it might add a bit more punch to the company instead of the 'lol send a puma to rape it' 105.

ON topic, I saw a couple of posts whining about overshoot: It's a trademark of the Relic engine. Grenades, tank shells, artillery shells, mortar shells, and even rifle grenades have an almost 80% tendancy to overshoot their intended target IF it does'nt roll a hit and also hit the intended target with the projective--which is a very rare case in it's own right for both of those to happen. If you're having trouble hitting targets with a barrage, you can:

A) Avoid firing multiple arty peices at the same time and all simultaneously selected, every added peice makes the barraged area larger and thereforce reduces overall accuracy

B) use your own spotting unit or have your ally send one in, as ofc everyone knows having LoS reduces scatter by ~25%

C) Aim your barrage-area-reticule about 10m short of your target--I posted elsewhere that the arty shells tend to overshoot by a margin of 10-15m (Hummel shells are much more erratic and may land as far off as 25m if it's a glorious miss). If something falls short (rare) itl probably nail a target since in most cases, players tend to move TOWARDS the area that the barrage is coming from--even if you don't "know" it, you always assume stuff is going to overshoot since most players place the reticule right on the target--and so shells almost always overshoot. Aiming short means long shots land right on the target, and shorts hit it if it gets moved. A correction to what I said about mortars, because their shots tend to come almos tstrait down, overshoots are much less rare unless you're trying to hit something from maximum range, and mostly the 81mm since it's range is much longer.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc