Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 12:23:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOT  (Read 8846 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:47 am »

Oh man... what I'd give for E-50 ammo to ONLY be 2,532 for an entire match! But as it stands... it's like 1250 per shot. Ridiculous tbh.  Tongue

25,000 repairs and like... 18,000 ammo.

Unless you have premium, it's almost like your playing a demo of the game rather than the complete version.

Sooo...what you are saying, is that you basically get the option to use everything, but some of it may not be financially feasible with your FREE account as opposed to using a PAID account where you can basically play anything whenever.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »

If playing the game past a certain point becomes nigh impossible due to in game credit restrictions that can only be rectified by having a paid premium account; then advertising the game as 'free to play' is disingenuous wouldn't you agree?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

Sooo...what you are saying, is that you basically get the option to use everything, but some of it may not be financially feasible with your FREE account as opposed to using a PAID account where you can basically play anything whenever.

even with premium its still difficult to break even very often when the artileery can kill you in 1 shot.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 09:24:32 pm »

If playing the game past a certain point becomes nigh impossible due to in game credit restrictions that can only be rectified by having a paid premium account; then advertising the game as 'free to play' is disingenuous wouldn't you agree?

This is untrue, you can use higher tiers but if you lose money you will need to go back and play lower tiers to earn money.  You can do this using a FREE account.

You have to understand Wargaming is a business, they wouldnt make much money if they allowed you to play tier 10 tanks as much as you want on a free account.  Hell even with a Premium account you cant use Tier 10 tanks without having a credit earning tank in a lower tier. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:27:25 pm by anthony210 » Logged

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 04:34:10 am »

This is untrue, you can use higher tiers but if you lose money you will need to go back and play lower tiers to earn money.  You can do this using a FREE account.

You have to understand Wargaming is a business, they wouldnt make much money if they allowed you to play tier 10 tanks as much as you want on a free account.  Hell even with a Premium account you cant use Tier 10 tanks without having a credit earning tank in a lower tier. 

I would suggest you try playing tier 9 tanks without a premium account so you can see just how many credits it's possible to lose. Advancing becomes an exercise in frustration. Good luck making it to tier 10 when a tier 10 tank costs you 3.6 million credits to buy and over 200,00 xp to unlock. Since transferring xp isn't possible unless you have gold, you'll HAVE to play that tier 9 tank, during which time you will simply never make the necessary credits when you're losing between 15,00 to 25,000 credits per match. Never mind credits you'll need to purchase modules (5-600,000 per module) and upgrades (another few hundred thousand) for your tank.

Getting to tier 10 without premium is just shy of impossible. "It's a business" is not an acceptable excuse to lie to your customers by advertising your game as "free to play" when it's decidedly NOT free to play past a certain point.

If you want to shell out cash for premium every month then by all means, knock yourself out. It's not my money.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:40 am »

I would suggest you try playing tier 9 tanks without a premium account so you can see just how many credits it's possible to lose. Advancing becomes an exercise in frustration. Good luck making it to tier 10 when a tier 10 tank costs you 3.6 million credits to buy and over 200,00 xp to unlock. Since transferring xp isn't possible unless you have gold, you'll HAVE to play that tier 9 tank, during which time you will simply never make the necessary credits when you're losing between 15,00 to 25,000 credits per match. Never mind credits you'll need to purchase modules (5-600,000 per module) and upgrades (another few hundred thousand) for your tank.

Getting to tier 10 without premium is just shy of impossible. "It's a business" is not an acceptable excuse to lie to your customers by advertising your game as "free to play" when it's decidedly NOT free to play past a certain point.

If you want to shell out cash for premium every month then by all means, knock yourself out. It's not my money.

As anthony said, then you will have to use lower tiers to get the money to fund your T9 tank. Besides, T9 and T10 tanks are really only used for CW. They are not supposed to be played as profit machines in random games. The last tanks you can make profit without premium is T8. I would recommend using artillery to get the credits for your grind.

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 06:00:59 am »

It's a rather dumb system they have in place when you spend all that time to get to a high tier, and then you can only play it very rarely due to credit income without premium.

Or, perhaps it's not dumb, and it is actually an ingenious (though dishonest) way to milk money from the players.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 08:40:08 am »

It's a rather dumb system they have in place when you spend all that time to get to a high tier, and then you can only play it very rarely due to credit income without premium.

Or, perhaps it's not dumb, and it is actually an ingenious (though dishonest) way to milk money from the players.

Dude, it's a F2P game, like many out there. But this one is not so restricted like other games. In other games you wouldn't even have the possibility to get to the last Tier. Wargaming needs money to keep developing, so you either don't pay and have to go with that, or you spend money and get the same, but faster.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 09:00:35 am »

It is rather dumb in you're opinion...

I think the system works well.  This way you have a healthy mix of people playing high tiers and low tiers.  Yea, if you do not have a premium account it is harder to play a high tier tank, it is not impossible and you can use the tank more than "rarely",  you need only alternate between a good credit earning tank and your higher tier tank.  One game on your tier 10, one good game on your credit earning tank seems to work well for most.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 04:35:56 pm »

anyone want to play?  I enjoy it in groups more than grinding nowadays...

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 03:26:22 am »

anyone want to play?  I enjoy it in groups more than grinding nowadays...
Me.
Panther, VK3002DB, Lowe(Gift from a friend), 38H735.
And more.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc