Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:39:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE calliope?  (Read 13201 times)
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 02:31:46 pm »

ohh god its like i just turned into puddin.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 02:36:26 pm »

go spam something then,lol
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:47:19 pm »

Still thinking this would go well in Blitz tbh... Well, as long as it doesn't become another Stummel or GMC in terms of usefulness.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »

For a guy who has a content creator badge I have yet to see you put out even half the suggestions Volsk does, Schmidt.

lol get good scrub, stop whining when you don't know what you're talking about

I've contributed a hell of a lot more to this mod than you have, in fact you haven't done a single thing, so shh little huckleberry.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 05:20:02 pm »

Still thinking this would go well in Blitz tbh... Well, as long as it doesn't become another Stummel or GMC in terms of usefulness.

last thing blitz needs is artillery. it already gets tigers, stuhs and storm troopers, 3 very good units.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 05:25:23 pm »

If it were heavy artillery such as a 105 or a Hummel, I'd be inclined to agree. However, Blitz is sorely lacking a support weapon to keep up with advancing forces, be it in range or mobility. Mortar doesn't really pack the needed punch as well as being arty bait, and the nebel is a bitch to cart around and wait for.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 05:29:00 pm »

plz fo axis guise thxxxxxxxx

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 05:29:48 pm »

read wiki about the weapon. it fits into terror.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 06:17:34 pm »

read wiki about the weapon. it fits into terror.

Ok, but how does it fit into balance? This thing would be a stuka on steroids; it would remove the last edge the allies have over the axis in CoH: artillery. Drive up, barrage howie or 25, roll away. As much as I hate to say it, half the time allied teams owe the callie for a win as its the only weapon they have that can cut a swath through campy support spam or a minefield.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 06:56:58 pm »

It doesn't belong in any axis doctrine, though I could see it making a good warmap/reward type unit for the Wehrmacht.

It looks like it'd be a calliope with half the armor and half the number of rockets. Hardly OP in the least. At worst a more mobile, but more rare direct fire nebel.

Volsk, the calliope is a mother fucker, and I hate it, but it's not the savior of the poor neglected allies. Any allied team will more than likely have its share of arty to deal with support spam/minefields. You don't even need a cally for minefields... a mortar is enough and even that is overkill.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:35 pm »

Ok, but how does it fit into balance? This thing would be a stuka on steroids; it would remove the last edge the allies have over the axis in CoH: artillery. Drive up, barrage howie or 25, roll away. As much as I hate to say it, half the time allied teams owe the callie for a win as its the only weapon they have that can cut a swath through campy support spam or a minefield.

Cali is fail tbfh. I run allies without arty as my armor coy and it works fine.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »

If it were heavy artillery such as a 105 or a Hummel, I'd be inclined to agree. However, Blitz is sorely lacking a support weapon to keep up with advancing forces, be it in range or mobility. Mortar doesn't really pack the needed punch as well as being arty bait, and the nebel is a bitch to cart around and wait for.

add as unlock that nebel can be towed around,problem solved Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2011, 12:00:58 am »

It would make a good unlock, or an ability for the STuH that allows it to fire like a LeIG...hmmm...
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2011, 02:11:46 am »

Blitz was always supposed to break through the lines with sheer force on ground.  Blitzkrieg + shells + tiger etc.

But as the gameplay changed it is currently the only one without real arty so yea, it might do ok tp have it, but it should be good. It should be a callie without a gun that is faster with less hp.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2011, 02:48:49 am »

If your entire regular inf + tank/vehicle force have choices available to them to help them propel around the field in a shorter amount of time by increased move speed or by direct routes without detection.. I would probably call it a Defensive doctrine, defintely. Roll Eyes And of course this increases your need to have more support weapons trailing along, its not like this is a advantage in itself it just creates the disadvangtage of slow support weapons or lack of arty.

Also allied teams without arty, snipers or mortars is just a gimmick for ME/R mode. Hell it's not even that, its a gimmick centered around holding equal ground. AMPM is a notorious camper.

RIP nebel of exellence, the 7 pop unit which critted buildings and was actually good before being gimped to hell.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2011, 02:51:49 am »

RIP nebel of exellence, the 7 pop unit which critted buildings and was actually good before being gimped to hell.

Nebel right now is more of an annoyance only when your inf gets suppressed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc