Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 12:43:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[July 04, 2024, 11:19:41 am]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy Questions?  (Read 2964 times)
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« on: March 16, 2012, 01:55:56 am »

So i did some talking yesterday in ventrilo and looking around, and i was wondering a few things im obviously new here and dont know exactly the reward unit situation, but the reward units look kinda one sided in my opinion that is.

1. i looked and someone said models not being made for the Allied units thus that why their isnt much for allies. but i was wondering couldnt you just slap a new skin on a unit make it look perdy change the stats and call it Super pershing?. kinda like the cuckoo.

2.I know that reward units are supposed to be unique powerful units. but whats the pourpose of the cuckoo? its a lesser panther from what i understood which with all the axis at seems kinda silly? since a panther will probably beat it 1v1.

3.Kangaroo carrier?. this thing is a grave on wheels, what was the thought process of this unit? herp derp lets put our shit in the carrier then run it up to the main lines just to die.

4. anzacs? pffft please the moment you stop to throw a grenade they die like flies. essentialy they feel like a 4 man commando squad.

5. Why do half of the Allied doctrines not work? or seem useless compared to alot of the axis ones?. example. T2 RE 17lb and mortar can build emplacment(not in ever) and the only thing i see is spare parts on axis that isnt working.             Yet i see quite a few things on allies that arent working why is this?.

6. i know this mod is voluntary, and i thank each and everyone of the mods for there time, But i feel when you lost the ventrilo for a while due to financial or technical reasons, i would think a good way for people to donate would be to entice players into donating.I cant imagine many people donating towards a voluntary mod that doesnt even give set dates towards projects or does update the community on whats what or the such.

Like i said i am new to this, i know this isnt vcoh, i played OMG for 2 years before taking a shot at this. and im not comparing this to OMG. but i do feel something is off and i doubt the dev team will take it serous.

On a last note of this chapter. If anyone has any tutorials on how to make new tanks or anything that could help me i would be more then happy to attempt and learn it.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:08:11 am »

Cuckoo = The only panther who does not have to fear Sticky bombs, button, 57mms or M10/M18 rushes.

Kangoroo Carrier = Previous version of it aka VCoH version of it was so terribly broken and horrible that all you needed was one filled with piats and brens and you could roll around and slaughter everything. Current version is a large sized transport vehicle for British for anyone who likes to bring their units quickly to the field and it has Sherman armor as well so you can clowncar with it around.

Anzacs = Yes terrible but they are bound to be changed one day, aka soon(tm)

Doctrine Finishing touches = Soon(tm)

Current Activity level = Low due to people waiting for Warmap and Wipe that is coming soon(tm)

All available Tutorials can be found from www.google.com with correct search terms (protip: http://www.corsix.org/models_docs/index.html )

Plus I don't think it is allowed for a mod to work like a real free game where by donating you gain advantages over f2p players.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:11:32 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
HairyPothead Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 02:24:56 am »

Cuckoo = The only panther who does not have to fear Sticky bombs, button, 57mms or M10/M18 rushes.

Plus I don't think it is allowed for a mod to work like a real free game where by donating you gain advantages over f2p players.

you have to fear schrecks which dont they get a bonus vs axis tanks?, 88s nashhorns, cloaked pacs. 1 panther doom rush. stormies, FJtankbusters,at nades.

Well,i wasnt suggesting that i was just suggesting if it was updated or balanced regularly  and or given a date on when we could expects and what we could expect them, other then this Bullshit TM or DERP the wipe could be anywhere from1 days to 2 weeks. and its 2 weeks later and still?.

The download link is broken or something.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:28:49 am by HairyPothead » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:35:19 am »

you have to fear schrecks which dont they get a bonus vs axis tanks?

Nope, Schrecks do not give any bonuses vs Panther_skirts it was removed long time ago because Jumbo has Panther_skirts armor if I recall correctly.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:07:45 am »

Pretty sure the added the bonus to panther skirts to the list on the shreck and pak 38?
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

Nope, Schrecks do not give any bonuses vs Panther_skirts it was removed long time ago because Jumbo has Panther_skirts armor if I recall correctly.

Yes they do, you don't recall the thread where you bitched and complained about the Jumbo being some unstoppable force of annihilation and it desperately needed a nerf to spare all the Axis players quivering in their boots? Shortly after, I believe, they gave bonuses to those weapons.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:51:00 am »

snip...... a voluntary mod that doesnt even give set dates towards projects or does update the community on whats what or the such.
snip.....

snip.....  i doubt the dev team will take it serous. snip.....

We take it very seriously. So seriously in fact that many of us spend countless hours working on it for absolutely no reward.
You are absolutely right that we do not have a consistent schedule or posting of that schedule. We tried for a while (Patches twice a month) but, real life got in the way and production fell off.

We are very aware of our short comings in this mod in regards to productivity and bottle neck. We are currently in the process of correcting that, but it is a slow process due to the bottle neck - I know, ironic isn't it......

On a last note of this chapter. If anyone has any tutorials on how to make new tanks or anything that could help me i would be more then happy to attempt and learn it.

We want to express our thanks for not only pointing out our flaws, but taking the initiative to try and be part of the solution. It is easy to point fingers, but many do not have the initiative to do more than just bitch and complain.
Hopefully someone in our community can point you in the right direction for modeling and animation.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:06 am »

Yes they do, you don't recall the thread where you bitched and complained about the Jumbo being some unstoppable force of annihilation and it desperately needed a nerf to spare all the Axis players quivering in their boots? Shortly after, I believe, they gave bonuses to those weapons.

Ha. Oh man, I'm starting to like you VH. This just made my day.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 10:19:24 am »

Please do remind me of this said thread and about my 'whineage' I need a reminder.

Also which patch has that change?
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:51 am »

Please do remind me of this said thread and about my 'whineage' I need a reminder.

thing this is the one but too lazy to check

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19590.msg343734#msg343734

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »

Also which patch has that change?

Every allied balance thread you post in is whineage Roll Eyes
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 12:12:08 pm »

Every allied balance thread you post in is whineage Roll Eyes

I don't see myself crying in it I'm merely stating that it should go up in pop to 14 to match all the other heavy tanks. Never did I mention that its armor or the unit itself requires any other nerf. Plus wildzontar- I must ask. U jelly @ me? I've seen you try to flame me before too Grin
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 12:15:05 pm »

Hey look, another thread derail!

Choo choo!

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 01:19:37 pm »

I don't see myself crying in it I'm merely stating that it should go up in pop to 14 to match all the other heavy tanks. Never did I mention that its armor or the unit itself requires any other nerf. Plus wildzontar- I must ask. U jelly @ me? I've seen you try to flame me before too Grin

No lol, you are just almost always axis biased.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 02:44:23 pm »

No lol, you are just almost always axis biased.

Almost always. And?
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 03:17:45 pm »

And it means that anything you contribute to balance is liable to be full of shit, being swayed to a particular side.

Well if it's gonna be derailed lets make it entertaining.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 03:22:48 pm »

Looks like we have run out answers for the new guy's questions, so I will just quietly close up shop while you kids go play outside for a while.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc