Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The buff for the Airborne RR squad  (Read 3955 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: April 14, 2012, 04:26:51 am »

I think one important thing the new AB has to have a way to buff is received accuracy. AB are skirmishers and they rely on not getting hit when they move in and out. Judging from some of the axis accuracy buff, I would think a T4 should contain at least a 20% less accuracy modifier when moving. (On top of their armor, yes really!)

In/Out Is all they are supposed to be good at, at right now they aren't even good at that.

This would leave them extremely powerful vs doctrines that dont buff accuracy, so i'm not really a fan of the specific number but i just dont see how are gonna move in and out without getting murdered vs some of the axis doctrines

It might just be "headcanon" but the idea of RRs is that 2 squads run up, shoot their rrs and then fall back. They dont engage infantry unless forced to, they dont "stay in the fight" and they only chase if the situation suggests it.

Right now they can't really skimirmish, because they get hit ALOT.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:31:34 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:55:25 am »

Actual we are all working on a lot of stuff and we have already solved some hot topics. But I can't say when we are beginning to focus the work on the Doctrines (Espacially on the AB-Doctrine) or when we will apply the next patch.

But I can promise you that we are picking up hot topics and doing our work and still making progresses from time to time.
Just be pantience.   Smiley

9th Armoured Engineers
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:28 am »

Good thread smokaz.

I think you will be happy with the AB rework draft we are working on.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:13 am »

who is this guy? and who are WE he keeps saying?

Smokaz is right, its stupid when charging with AB inf they die before they reach a target. Even Delfinas which is very good player cant do shit with Ab
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:51:59 am by Shabtajus » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 07:45:32 am »

Lol because he's on the balance team for some reason

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:46:38 am »

Lol because he's on the balance team for some reason
lol we let you on the coding team for some reason. Wink

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 09:50:24 am »

Reduce AB pool. 9 is horrible. Actually 9 is too horrible for every and any infantry squad....

Except KCH

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:16:16 am »

lol we let you on the coding team for some reason. Wink

There's a difference between being asked to join something, and asking to join something
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:23:07 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:34 am »

There's a difference between being asked to join something, and asking to join something

And how exactly does this relate to the point you are (failing) trying to make?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 10:31:16 am »

Not trying to make a point?

But if I was, it would probably be that openly inviting just anyone to be on the balance team wasn't a very good idea, because it leads to people who are not quite qualified to do so
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 10:44:58 am »

yaaawn

grow up plz
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:25 am »

That's pretty rough Schmidt, pretty surprised actually to hear that from you. Do you feel the BT isn't doing a good job or something?

Common sense is not so common after all.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:55 am »

Not at all, I just think that some of your current team members perhaps shouldn't be there is all. I've spoken about it in length with a few other guys, but that isn't important, but my opinion is some of the members, not all at all, I think you yourself make a great lead and most of the older members fully deserve to be there.
Some of the new guys, in my opinion, not so much.

P.S If the BT is to remain relatively private, whoever runs the forum should fix the "Who's Online" section. Using that I've been able to ascertain who all the current BT members are, which is how I know that a few of them just shouldn't be there.

But this is tantamount to the topic, I'm happy to discuss things further without personal attacks from Tank in another thread if you so wish, or through PM's.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:35:02 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 12:03:07 pm »

Not at all, I just think that some of your current team members perhaps shouldn't be there is all. I've spoken about it in length with a few other guys, but that isn't important, but my opinion is some of the members, not all at all, I think you yourself make a great lead and most of the older members fully deserve to be there.
Some of the new guys, in my opinion, not so much.

P.S If the BT is to remain relatively private, whoever runs the forum should fix the "Who's Online" section. Using that I've been able to ascertain who all the current BT members are, which is how I know that a few of them just shouldn't be there.

But this is tantamount to the topic, I'm happy to discuss things further without personal attacks from Tank in another thread if you so wish, or through PM's.

Growing up so fast he is.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 12:17:36 pm »

Sounds like you may have a personal grudge against Tank..... there Schmidty boy  Wink....LOL

Considering the first stab posted at you was by Groundfire, but you chose to "call out" the tankman makes it obvious you are a little butt hurt....

Anywhoooo.... to address the accusations that perhaps members of the BT may not measure up to your standard. To sum this up simply - The Dev team could not possibly care less what your opinion is in regards to members on the Dev team.

Here's what we care about: The SDT deliberated over our options as to who would be the best person to lead the balance team based on these credentials:
- Organization
- Team Leadership
- Communication
- Game knowledge

That person in our opinion is PQ. So now his job is to pick the people he feels will work well together finding and resolving balance issues. What we really like is his innovative idea to rotate people in and out of the BT periodically to keep the ideas fresh.

The bottom line is, he is getting result efficiently and effectively. He is doing his job and doing it very fucking well. He is getting good balance changes made - that's his job.

If he brings on a team of people living in grass fucking huts in the middle of the African planes, with no access to a computer or even power for that matter, and they come up with good solid balance changes that better this mod, then he is doing his job!!!!

So if you have an issue with the job PQ is doing, then criticize him, not the people he asked to help him.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 12:20:44 pm »

Okay tank Roll Eyes

Anyway, I kind of agree on the less received acc thing, but 20% seems a bit too much tbh.
Maybe give them even less aimtime so they can literally shoot straight away. Maybe let rr's fire on the move?
PrinceOfScotland Offline
EIR Launcher Demigod

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »

currently ab seem half decent at hit and run if you dont attack in the middle of a fight and you attack were they are not going to be microing. the fire up helps them get away from a scene as well id say make a T4 make fireup recharge around 2-3 mins

Fixing the launcher, one mistake at a time.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:09:02 am »

Anywhoooo To sum this up simply - The Dev team could not possibly care less what your opinion is in regards to members on the Dev team.

Interesting choice of words. considering its a voluntary dev team. IMO they arent dodgin much in hit and run i still get sniped often as fudge by everything. even p4s that decide to go derp in the night can shoot 2 in 1 shot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:11:40 am by aeroblade56 » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:29 am »

I do believe Airborne get snipped to much, but it would be better seen as a doctrine buff then an all out original buff to the unit.

must wait to see the latest airborne doctrine.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc