Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:49:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 14, 2024, 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Editor Problems  (Read 5651 times)
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: December 09, 2007, 12:27:13 am »

So I am adding weather and shit to radar station testing everything out I add a few things save it, extract it, edit the info to show a description.

Load up the game everything works great except the weather options aren't showing up so I think hmm I need to go look at this, so I start up the world builder and try to load the map but what is this? it doesn't want to work!

So the error I get is the picture at the bottom, now I assume "damn that file is corrupt somehow!" so I go and open up my backup file and did everything exactly the same as before thinking something fucked it up, but this second time the description I edited in the .info file ( yes I checked multiple times ) was not there just the default one from the initial save before extraction of the map and the weather thing still doesn't work so when I loaded up the map again in the world builder it gave me the same goddamn error even after re-doing everything and under a different file name.

So I went for a third try opened a backup file of my map edited some things, left the weather shit alone added in the music and description blah blah didn't touch the weather at all or put the '.options' thing in the folder... then saved, extracted exited world builder edited the .info with the description I want and the map worked fine, it loaded with the loading screen but it had no damn description and I could load the map back up in world builder with no errors!

CLIFFS!:
1. Start working on adding last things to map, first time works and has description I wrote in the .info file, the loading screen works but no weather options.
2. Load up map to see if I can fix weather to work but it doesn't load up because of an error. ( see error below )
3. Load backup of map and re-do everything, same thing happens except the description is missing as well and no matter what I do it won't show up
4. Load backup of map and add changes except for weather, save, export yay it works I can load it up in world builder but I can't get my description to show up properly and weather files corrupt my maps.

God this editor pisses me off sometimes, any suggestions? I need to get the description in the .info working correctly and the weather options working correctly without corrupting my map. 

note: I followed the weather tutorial that Unknown posted in another thread to do the weather.
note2: I can go in game and play each map just fine but the problem is that changing the weather to one of the presets and adding in the .options file seems to fuck up the world builder!
note3: Fucking stupid .info file fuck!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 12:33:37 am by Lolto » Logged

Life or Lack There Of
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:38:18 am »

I get that when my map description line is too long or invalid.
(Missing a " or , at the end or something simular.)

I'll try to send you my .options file with weather soon.

Then all you have to do is edit the atmosphere.aps and the code for a weather description.

Also, no need to export, .sga's don't work anymore Smiley.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:46:59 am »

The description is long but I didn't think it was that long and everything in the info file is correct.  I'll try a shorter description later on then and screw around with the weather some more...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:08:42 am »

Send me the two files.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 09:34:13 pm »

Alright sent the two files, will be trying some different things with the editor later tonight just busy atm.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:58:33 pm »

Alright I figured it out, replaced the weather options with a new one and same with the .info it seems to work now, so it was probably just a typo somewhere... just need to know where I can find "5. A map preview image (mapname_map_slots.tga & mapname_map_base.tga)" and I will put it all in a .rar for you..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:57:40 pm by Lolto » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 03:56:05 am »

You can't find it, you need to make it yourself Smiley.

Use mapname_mm.tga, place 4 white °'s on it, save as mapname_map_base (random positions)
Then put 4 numbers on it and save as mapname_map_slots (fixed positions)

Done! Smiley

All you need is photoshop/photobrush/gimp or something simular Smiley.
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 12:46:48 pm »

Alright, all done thanks Unknown.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 01:05:17 pm »

Damn, I'm jealous on your loading screen!

You need to make me one for Abbeville man! Tongue
Lolto Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:19 pm »

Damn, I'm jealous on your loading screen!

You need to make me one for Abbeville man! Tongue

Actually I just took the screenshot and sent it to Kolath who did the grainy effect and such.  I'm sure he'll do the same for you.   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc