Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:32:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW/US] Dodge Ambulance Reward unit  (Read 3537 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 27, 2014, 11:47:38 am »

Dis thing is op.

Reasons:
- T2 unlock that can move
- Cheaper than Triage
- Doesn't require a engineer to build
- Doesn't require building
- Can move from A to B
- Isn't any less squishier than triage

Recommendation:

- Buff to Legendary
- Increase cost

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »

It has very small range, which means artillery can have a field day and it's very fragile, much easier to kill than a triage.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:12:27 pm »

It has very small range, which means artillery can have a field day and it's very fragile, much easier to kill than a triage.

Healing range is a very neglible attribute in all fairness. Its a healing unit and it is far stronger than triage because it can move. Because it can move it is far stronger than Triage. It might be squishy but it can runaway whereas triage has to tank, and most likely die.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:34:21 pm »

Actually, It being able to run away is a rather relative terms since it's so slow a tiger could outrun it with speed to spare. I'm also fairly sure that it dies to a single shreck hit without vet, if not it's left with very little health.

It's also 4 pop iirc and that's not entierly insignificant, specially in the earlygame.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:35:56 pm by nikomas » Logged

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »

Artillery can't really hit something unless it knows where it is. Kind of hard if it keeps moving. I think moving healing is much more powerful than stationary.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 04:09:09 pm »

80 hitpoints ain't a lot. But its speed being 7, and accel 3 I want to watch a Tiger catch that thing with its max speed of 4 and accel of 2 and then hit it as well. Ain't gonna happen. Anything that is fast enough to catch it and damage it properly would need 2-3 shots to destroy it though. Ontop of it, it NEARLY one shoots it with 0.6 damage modifier on vehicle armor.... which means it deals only 82.smth to it. There's always a change a 5% bug happens no?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:20:06 pm by NightRain » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 06:58:24 pm »

A single flanking PE clown car is enough to destroy it often on the first volley.

Admittedly ive seen it bounce shots randomly but when ever this thing sees combat its toast.

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 07:09:18 pm »

A single flanking PE clown car is enough to destroy it often on the first volley.

Admittedly ive seen it bounce shots randomly but when ever this thing sees combat its toast.

They can bounce RRs.  I couldn't kill one with an RR my flammens picked up in a clown car before it's supporting Sherman killed my full health HT.  It was pretty amusing since those same RRs normally cut thru my lvs.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:11:25 pm by Uglysori » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:21:53 am »

Artillery can't really hit something unless it knows where it is. Kind of hard if it keeps moving. I think moving healing is much more powerful than stationary.

It needs to deploy to heal. So yeah, can't really outrun artillery and it's not the ambulance that's at a big risk, it's all the infantry that wants to heal next to it.

The short healing range is actually a pretty big disadvantage. If I heal near a triage then I can heal a few meters away so even if I face artillery, I may survive with most of my squads. But if I have an ambulance then I need to stay exactly next to it, so artillery can always hit all of my units because I need to blob them in a 1 meter square to get healing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:25:47 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:26 am »

with the amount of scouting options in eir how long could it really remain hidden tank ?
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:41:28 am »

80 hitpoints ain't a lot. But its speed being 7, and accel 3 I want to watch a Tiger catch that thing with its max speed of 4 and accel of 2 and then hit it as well. Ain't gonna happen. Anything that is fast enough to catch it and damage it properly would need 2-3 shots to destroy it though. Ontop of it, it NEARLY one shoots it with 0.6 damage modifier on vehicle armor.... which means it deals only 82.smth to it. There's always a change a 5% bug happens no?
7 speed must be a bug in the stats, I'll give it a look in 7 hours when I get home nut from using it myself it does NOT move fast.

If you can't wait 7 hours, then start by checking cover movement modifs.
XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:02 am »

7 speed must be a bug in the stats, I'll give it a look in 7 hours when I get home nut from using it myself it does NOT move fast.

If you can't wait 7 hours, then start by checking cover movement modifs.
7 maybe on the road, its like 4 crosscountry. if my awesombulance had 7 speed noting be catching it man!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:24 am »

7 maybe on the road, its like 4 crosscountry. if my awesombulance had 7 speed noting be catching it man!

7 is max speed so yeah it is road.

The only thing that can kill it reliably is Rocket Artillery due to it coming down very fast. Sending units after it is like trying to chase a m8.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc