Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:48:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't have Crysis, GET IT  (Read 7899 times)
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 02:10:27 pm »

Sometimes you make no sense, thtb.

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
Skunker Offline
Koenigstiger Panzerfuehrer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 08:11:59 pm »

The Ai is amazing

No shit!  It's really smart. You'll find that once you've been exposed the AI will ruthlessly hunt you down, and if you're not careful they will catch and kill you. The AI are very good shots.

Check out some of my screens (What kicks ass is that I get pretty much no lag at these settings):

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:22:37 pm by Skunker » Logged

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 10:19:51 pm »

Just got Crysis. This game is amazing, even with my 10-frames-a-second PC.

The AI is quite intelligent. It actively hunts in squads, and tries to hunt down the invisible player by using suppressive fire. And no one can save you if you go head-to-head with more than three enemies at a time, even on Normal mode. I've resorted to picking off enemy stragglers in the rear (to the left or right) with a silenced rifle/pistol. Then, I just blow through the enemy patrol from the side (using cover) using the Sprint Button.

Of course, it gets more complicated with a helicopter or APC...but I'm trying.
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 11:03:20 pm »

Just got Crysis. This game is amazing, even with my 10-frames-a-second PC.

The AI is quite intelligent. It actively hunts in squads, and tries to hunt down the invisible player by using suppressive fire. And no one can save you if you go head-to-head with more than three enemies at a time, even on Normal mode. I've resorted to picking off enemy stragglers in the rear (to the left or right) with a silenced rifle/pistol. Then, I just blow through the enemy patrol from the side (using cover) using the Sprint Button.

Of course, it gets more complicated with a helicopter or APC...but I'm trying.

What you need to do when engaging multiple enemies is pick one off from cloak, dash to concealment nearby and armor and cloak again. They'll come hunting for you, but if you're smart you can see the moments where poor lone korean soldiers are available to be killed. Of course assaulting fixed positions is difficult, especially since it seems like being spotted is a certainty. When you attack, survey with binocs first and find an area where there are seemingly "blind spots" in the defenses where nobody can see you from gun mounts. Typically you can jump normally in, but if you must - strength jump over barricades. Remember, if you're spotted it ain't the end of the world, just cloak up and wait for them to go hunting, then you can see whether you can fight them off or have to hide until you're clear.

Honestly, if you're spotted in the middle of what you intended to be covert, get the job done and hurry the heck up with it. I found that by giving up on my stealth when i was spotted and using grenades and killing random soldiers as distractions, I could work through compounds to get what I needed, or to destroy key objectives, etc.  Obviously if you go gung ho at many guys you will die, but utilize distractions and just speed up the job. It's way too hard to try and hide from searching soldiers, only to be spotted with low energy.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:05:49 pm by Skunker » Logged
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 11:40:21 pm »

After more gameplay, luring out an enemy patrol and sneaking in behind it seems to work wonders on that level where you have gain access to a compound that hosts a North Korean cruiser. Shot one guy with the sniper rifle, then jumped the wall to the left. After some stealthing, I got to the docks quietly. Then I got spotted *sigh*...

The RPG guys on the tank level are impossible to spot with my graphics. Not good.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 11:42:47 pm by acker » Logged
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 12:54:28 am »

After more gameplay, luring out an enemy patrol and sneaking in behind it seems to work wonders on that level where you have gain access to a compound that hosts a North Korean cruiser. Shot one guy with the sniper rifle, then jumped the wall to the left. After some stealthing, I got to the docks quietly. Then I got spotted *sigh*...

The RPG guys on the tank level are impossible to spot with my graphics. Not good.

Blast em! Check your map, aim and fire a shell. They should get pwned, even if you can't see em.
Thtb-Ally Offline
The German Guy on the Ally side?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 04:27:21 am »

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2808-Zero-Punctuation-Crysis

Did i point out that crysis (from what i heared ....) is made by german programmers Wink?

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 11:21:16 am »

Both world wars were created by Germans too, nothing good came out of that Wink.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 11:25:59 am »

No, WWI was caused by an assassination of the Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand. So blame the Austro-Hungarians or the Serbians.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:27:27 am »

Austrians speak German.
Thtb-Ally Offline
The German Guy on the Ally side?
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2008, 11:39:58 am »

Austrians speak German.

4 real?

Then they are from now on automatically elite, like evrything that is german Wink,
besides young german cs players they kinda suck.

Hey anyone wants to get his head fragged in cs:s ?!
Skunker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 02:59:22 am »

Just finished. I was not as impressed with the later game, to be honest the first part of the game was much more exciting, but still the entire thing was a rush, and I think I must've played about 4 hours straight tonight. The aliens are challenging opponents, but once you master strafing to avoid their attacks it's fairly easy to knock them off. In addition, the carrier is glitchy as fuck.  Koreans proved to be much more frustrating to fight, swarms of them would descend upon you as soon as you started to cause trouble. The aliens just kinda chill out in space and don't work together as well. That aside, the entire experience was so awesome. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel which is proposed at the end of the game.

The multiplayer isn't the best but the greatness is in the singleplayer. Multiplayer needs more game modes and needs a co op option. I hear they are making some mods for Crysis.
Can you say, Pacific Theatre? 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:01:59 am by Skunker » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc