Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:16:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[July 04, 2024, 11:19:41 am]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Riflemen Squad minor buff  (Read 3188 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 17, 2009, 06:57:27 am »

I'm not sure what you think fellow commanders, but I think that these little annoying buggers need a buff to stand tall against grenadiers and volk alikes.

Now that BAR is quite expensive weapon and most people can't afford to give every squad a two bars to play with I've thought of a little buff for a Riflemen. As a buff it is minor, a minor annoyance to axis players so to speak but nothing too small to make the buff nonsense.

Everyone started from VCoH and there was the Tutorial Section. Basic Training had a special riflemen squad.

The Leader who carries the radio had instead of a M1 Carbine had a Thompson SMG. Every Axis squad has a leader why not give Riflemen alike toy? Tommy gun for the radioman. Not only will it look cooler it will give a minor assistance for the squad when in close range combat with a half dead squad.

I was wondering it as a upgrade that is cheap alike with Tank Commander upgrade or then it comes with Vanilla Rifles without BARs.

Thoughts?

Please no X vs Y which leads to C vs Y things its annoying. No flaming OPness of something silly etc and stick with the thread.

-Upgrade cheap little thing where to spend rest of munitions
-Doctorine thing
-Comes normally with Vanilla Rifles

+
+Would make VRifles little more useful than weapon team recrewers
+Would offer minor protection against rushing infantry especially from heavy cover
+Makes them look cooler
+If it will cost munition ally player could spend remaining munitions for them so that they get as close to 0 as possible

-
-Wouldn't make them god like to beat every unit
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:16:00 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 07:02:18 am »

Actually, I've found this isn't required.  American infantry aren't as tough or deadly as axis infantry, but they don't need BARs to be effective.  Recrewing weapons, even using grenades, can be devastating.

Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:08:46 am »

I really like that idea Nightrain, I wouldn't mind seeing something like that hehe  Smiley

Rawr
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:41 am »

Well if Normal Rifle Squads didnt shoot their semi-auto Garands and Carbines as slow as bolt action rifles they would be fine.

Halfling Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:37:35 am »

agree with Mgallun74  Smiley

just Halfwhining sometimes Wink
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 07:53:33 am »

it would be a cool addition to infantry doctrine if it's not too hard to throw in.  just get rid of the suppression resistance or something (since it's not working well) and throw this in, sounds cool having an SMGer in a squad.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 07:56:20 am »

In the field, the M1 gave American infantry a tremendous firepower advantage over Axis troops who still carried bolt-action rifles such as the Karabiner 98k. With its semi-automatic operation, the M1 allowed US forces to maintain substantially higher rates of fire. In addition, the M1's heavy .30-06 cartridge offered superior penetrating power. The rifle proved so effective that leaders, such as General George S. Patton, praised it as "the greatest implement of battle ever devised."
panzerjager1943 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:05:40 am »

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=10210.msg173909#msg173909

I must be psychic. I made that two days ago.

But on the topic of the suggestion, we're not going to change this OR the rate of fire of M1 Garands, as while those would both be able to be tuned to be balanced, we want new players to have an easier time understanding the gameplay mechanics; that someone used to Company of Heroes will not struggle with understanding how units perform against eachother when they decide to try Europe in Ruins.
So to balance Riflemen we make them cheaper, or easier to vet, or get better veterancy benefits.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:09:34 am by panzerjager1943 » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 08:06:13 am »

In the field, the M1 gave American infantry a tremendous firepower advantage over Axis troops who still carried bolt-action rifles such as the Karabiner 98k. With its semi-automatic operation, the M1 allowed US forces to maintain substantially higher rates of fire. In addition, the M1's heavy .30-06 cartridge offered superior penetrating power. The rifle proved so effective that leaders, such as General George S. Patton, praised it as "the greatest implement of battle ever devised."

Oi lad you are side stepping from the discussion. If ya want M1 Garand to fire like it should play more Men of War <3 Allies are awsome in it but I started to miss Panzerfaust so much that switched back to axis in it.

Anyhow

As a doctorinal it would work quite well, as a buyable thing it would help you get rid of that tiny ammount of ammo you have left once you've bought everything you need and still have lot of extras left (usually people never have extra left but anyway it is the case 'if')
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:19:19 am »

Well if Normal Rifle Squads didn't shoot their semi-auto Garands and Carbines as slow as bolt action rifles they would be fine.

Reasonable point. It would be nice if Rifles had a little more durability and accuracy, slightly better than Volks, but worse than Grens. I used to find that unless you closed with Volks, Rifles would loose out at range, and generally when you close an MG behind them opens up, forcing you to back off unless sure of victory.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 04:25:40 pm »

Hehe Well people want M1 Garands for firing more than tommy for riflemen? Oh well xD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc