Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 08:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Advantages  (Read 3927 times)
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 05, 2009, 10:03:15 pm »

I feel in the current state battle advantages in no way make up for the serious disadvantage a low ranking player has vs a high ranking player with lots of resource advantages.

A single smoke barrage/supply drop/recon run in no way is going to balance a game where a player can have 3000 more manpower, 1200 more munitions, and 900 more fuel.

The old EiR was nice because after a player had played so many games resource bonuses came less frequently, in the current state there is just such a great reward for just playing as many games as possible.

Proposed changes.
1) How about make it where you can choose a tree of resource advantages, but only that tree.  ex. Only Manpower,Munitions, or Fuel
(This I feel will make the armies more diverse, because eventually everyone will have the same resource advantages...and then are they truely advantages??)

2)Or make it where you can only choose one low, medium, and high resource.

3) Greater battle advantages based on a higher difference of levels.  Add some offmaps in there, maybe a special unit call-in ex calliope/pershing/howitzer/KT/Tiger etc (that you dont get to keep after the battle of course), a decrease in the time it takes the call your units in, or even a line of sight bonus.

What do you think?
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 10:30:13 pm »

Giving low-rank players free units (especially things like a KT) would be easily abused by smurfs, unfortunately.

I am 100% against giving anyone more arty.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 10:41:34 pm »

Theres an easier solution. Make them free. have them free tp pick when you create your doctrine. That way they still serve a role in making companies diverse but your not handicapping new players from the game

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Piotrskivich Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 11:19:16 pm »

Actually you can only have 1 tier 3 and 2 tier 2 resource advantages.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 11:47:59 pm »

These are just currently in there for no real purpose other than to promote playing more.  Yes advantages help a lot and TPs have nowhere near as great an affect, especially when 2 ranks means 60pp extra, meaning one could literally have 6 more advantages than you and all you get is 2 recon runs.

When they implement the doctrine trees (hopefully soon) Advantages should probably be very few and far between, so this problem won't really happen, as you will have to spend another 30pp on other upgrades to get the next advantage.

Either way i wouldn't like to see too many advantages in the final version of the Doctrines.  Manpower should probably go to 450 each, Munitions to 175 each and fuel to 130 each just to make it less influential.
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 01:05:08 am »

Whether the doctrines get in or not, or whatever else that is planned donnie has a point. It will just mean grind more games, which in essence is that what this is supposed to be about ?
Captain Trek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:28:23 am »

A single smoke barrage/supply drop/recon run in no way is going to balance a game where a player can have 3000 more manpower, 1200 more munitions, and 900 more fuel.

This is egregiously wrong... Not only can you only buy one tier three advanage and two tier two advantages, but the advantages don't stack... The higher teir advantages replace their lower tier counterparts... Every new player starts with 8,000 mp, 2,000 mu and 1,300 fuel to spend and after having bought the first two tiers of manpower and munitions advantages and the first tier of fuel advantages, I have 9,000 mp, 2,400 mu and 1,450 fuel to spend...
Schultz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 05:20:17 am »

Hey Trek we know that, its actually the old eir doctrine system for your knowledge. And yes it is a big advantage. It may not be much to you but 1500 more mp alone in the hands of a skilled player guarantees he will be able to wtf out-attrition with ease.
So, consequently to add to the big picture, people who grind more games will have the edge against casual players. They will have pps to max out everything however high the prerequisites will be, it looks like it will end up in how much time you will invenst, which that alone will pose as an additional disadvantage to people new to the mod, and those who dont play all day as they cant invest all day.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 06:07:51 am »

Hey Trek we know that, its actually the old eir doctrine system for your knowledge. And yes it is a big advantage. It may not be much to you but 1500 more mp alone in the hands of a skilled player guarantees he will be able to wtf out-attrition with ease.
So, consequently to add to the big picture, people who grind more games will have the edge against casual players. They will have pps to max out everything however high the prerequisites will be, it looks like it will end up in how much time you will invenst, which that alone will pose as an additional disadvantage to people new to the mod, and those who dont play all day as they cant invest all day.
Which is exactly the reason Im thinking about making them free.

Diversity (or focus) of resources.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
VariantThirteen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 06:41:56 am »

I'm just going to say that the problems with battle advantages are related to the mindless silliness of giving players extra resources.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 06:45:14 am »

Are you talking about 'Advantages' (The resource bonuses)
or 'Battle Advantages' which are off-map (types)

They were added in bulk form, as a substitute to the RB's of EIR.

If they dont work, they'll be removed entirely - but then we'll lose more diversity of companies.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:10 am »

Guna completely ignore everything said and say, shouldnt a guy who has played shitloads of games have the advantage over new players?

Why should a new player be able to compete with the older guys. I remember when i started i would be up against draken and chefartz entire vet 3 wehr army and while i complained (thats what i do Wink) i just went and played other people closer to my lvl till i had vet of my own and new how to play to properly, then went and pwned them xD. Getting bashed by pro's isnt fun but just dont play against them till you have a chance :/

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 10:09:40 am »

I personaly played with the "pros" from the get go, both against them and with them on my team. I got bashed endlessly for a while, then I started winning.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:26:31 pm »

I think the battle advantages are fine, just need to reduce the amount. Having your resource advantages maxed out should allow a couple more rifles, or another mortar, or now you can afford a sniper, or now you can get an extra tank. But with the bonuses so high it doesn't work that way,

It works well because it stops at a certain point you can't have anymore then an extra 450FU, 600MU, or 1500MP, so once you get all of them, that is it. The problem is the amount you get is too high, max out MP and muni and you don't just get a couple extra rifles in your company now, now you get 7 more rifles and stickies or bars on a few of them. I think it ought to maybe look like this. Teir system still works the same, you can have all 3 at the five PP mark, you can have 2 at the 10 PP mark, and 1 at the 15 PP mark.

MP in total

T1
1 PP for 100 MP
5 PP for 300 MP

T2
7 PP for 500 MP
10 PP for 700 MP

T3
15 PP for 1,000 MP

MU in total

T1
1 PP for 75 MU
5 PP for 150 MU

T2
7 PP for 275 MU
10 PP for 350 MU

T3
15 PP for 500 MU

FU in total

T1
1 PP for 50 FU
5 PP for 100 FU

T2
7 PP for 200 FU
10 PP for 300 FU

T3
15 PP for 400 FU

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
donnieDark Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 05:27:02 pm »

In no way do I think resource advantages should be limited.  I think they help make your company unique through the combined use of over supplying. 

I just believe that either the battle advantages should be increased or  even the idea of making resource advantages free, but unchangable sounds good to me.

And while players that have played many games deserve to have an advantage over newer players, it really should not be through something like resources.  Do you not already have an advantage over newer players with veterancy and unlocked units/doctrines?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc