Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:32:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to counter wher mortar spam?  (Read 11209 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: June 12, 2009, 07:33:31 pm »

I have been noticing a lot of wher players simply having MGs cover their mortars, and their mortars covered by nebels, and then just having a pak and some shreck grens.

Usually it's pretty easy to simply howie the mortars, but now we have V1s which simply outright destroy the howie, and other off maps to decrew, plus we have that awesome cool down time thing, so we have to wait even longer.

Sniper isn't really a counter to mortars, they will either simply recrew it, or bring out a triple or quad bike attack. you can't flank when they have multiple MGs covering, and allied armor rushes are lol.

Now this is vs GOOD players, sharp and i just got owned by gamesguy and some other guy i hadn't heard of before. And it was the mortars killing us. Mortars winning the game. Obviously smart players will keep their mortar at max range and behind of something. Axis always have more arty on the field then allies, at least the smart players do. I never see axis without a mortar on the field, in fact I'm pretty sure the wher mortar is the backbone of the wher army. And obviously counter mortaring is simply out of the question.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:37:47 pm »

heh another thing is the fact that wehr units have such high suppression resistance that they can simply run in and gank your mortars and run out while an MG is covering it  Tongue

Rawr
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 07:46:44 pm »

name one werh unit besides KCH that can run into a mg, kill a mortar then run away.... all your units do that.
Killing a mortar with a sniper is an art.  Take first shot, the wait for it to pack up, once packed up, killing it won't drop the mortar.

Bullshit, only fags and girls dont like star wars Tongue
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 07:49:39 pm »

name one werh unit besides KCH that can run into a mg, kill a mortar then run away.... all your units do that.
Killing a mortar with a sniper is an art.  Take first shot, the wait for it to pack up, once packed up, killing it won't drop the mortar.

beautiful, if only i could get in range of the mortar without having HMGs down my neck to LMG gren squads.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:44 pm »

I didn't know that Riflemen could ignore MG42 fire.  Roll Eyes
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:52:17 pm »

You could try not moving 5 squads in a giant blob.

Some basic flanking tactics would've allowed you to kill the mortars.  I only called on 1 MG, 1 pak, and 2 mortars the entire game.

My ally was a new player with 6-13 w/l ratio.
Blitzen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »

that musta been one hella intense noob stomp....
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:06 pm »

Countermortaring is not impossible, and its highly adviced to get 2-3 mortars for your allied company in small closed maps with the price reduction on the 60mm. With vet I think the american mortar becomes better at countermortaring the axis one because most wehr players will be put off by it's range and the speed of which it launches its rounds.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 08:20:36 pm »

the way i counter mortar is get my mortar in range, fire off a few shots and as soon as i seem him start to fire back, i move. Usually they move theirs. You just gotta micro your mortar, allied mortars fire faster than wehr mortars, so you can get off 3 shots before they fire back at yours.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 09:09:08 pm »

the way i counter mortar is get my mortar in range, fire off a few shots and as soon as i seem him start to fire back, i move. Usually they move theirs. You just gotta micro your mortar, allied mortars fire faster than wehr mortars, so you can get off 3 shots before they fire back at yours.

or they could simply stay out of your range =P

I need to try the waiting for the mortar to pack up then snipe, that would help me out tremendously.
Pak75mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »

good micro or a sniper. But reality is having good micro to try to catch him sleeping and counter mortaring. Also you gotta consider good players in a wehr/pe combo have not only the 8cm but the MT-HT. It takes a good amount of skill to counter it if its well protected.
von_Luchs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:38:47 pm »

Commando rushes pown MG-mortar set up.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 11:49:01 pm »

sometimes i like to try and mortar them, make them move and then rush it with AI taking it out while in trasit so it can't be remanned.

You can also use anything that explodes on mortars and hmgs just like at guns to take them out.
Fr3ek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 11:57:20 pm »

I hate axis mortars, the only ways to actually destroy an axis mortar are
1. Offmap that actually gets it.
     Cons- only get 1 or 2 of them, very valuable
2. Howi that actually gets it
     Cons-Only works if they don't move in time
              Can just be v1'ed or stromied.  Either will DESTROY the howi
3. Banzai Charge
     Cons-Dying for the Emperor... but that's not supposed to be a con? right?

Don't get me started on mort-ht's  Those things are fucking impossible to hit if the PE dude isn't a no0b.
There is 0 reason to use allied mortar, because axis mortar will just wtfpwn it.

Battles are won (for the axis) and lost (for the allies) because of axis mortars!
Don't whine about allied howies, those die to the first offmap or storm squad, and only shoot every 2 minutes or so (after a 120sec cooldown after a 120sec buildtime!).
Allied offmaps are almost worthless too.  I have to spend pp if I want more than 1 per game.  Said offmaps can be avoided.

Unlike the axis offmaps-
V1- no idea where it's going.  Just get everything away from the howie, before it inevitably blows up.
Precision strike- so f***ing fast that even a microed at gun can't escape.  I've seen first call in's get anihilated after their atg get's destroyed by an axis player's 'I win' precision strike.

The axis 88 can survive multiple offmaps, I've seen one survive 2 arty offmaps, 1 bombing run, and a few regular on map barrages.  Don't get me started about sandbagging in an 88, that won't help a howi vs stormies or v1's.

So, in short, there is no hard counter to axis mortars.  Howie's die too easily, and actually getting the mortar is not guaranteed, much less a mort-ht.  Offmaps are too slow to hit.  Banzai charges, even if they get the mortar (don't get me started about mort-ht), actually offset the axis' loss of 1(!) mortar vs. inumerable allied casualties.

The only ways to kill an axis mort are luck and opportunity my friends (and fiends).
And IMO, that isn't right.  I say either, nerf axis mortar range or damage (but boost suppression) or buff allied mortars so that they can actually pose a threat to axis mortars.  I've only ever seen 1 allied mortar kill an axis (not destroy) before it was killed by *another* axis mortar. 

Just an FYI, the highest vetted allied mortar has less than 100xp.  The highest wehr mortar has 360ish xp. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:02:41 am by Fr3ek » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 12:00:42 am »

Mortar pit hard counters the axis mortar actually.

And American/commando mortar can kill axis mortars, you just need to learn how to micro them.  Walk them in range, barrage 4 shells and move.  They fire very fast, thats their advantage over axis mortars.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 12:01:22 am »

lolz, mortar hts always end up being killed by 57s due to the crappy range they have.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Fr3ek Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 12:04:46 am »

AFAIk (I don't know much about emplacements) the mortar pit takes much longer to move, and has shorter range... and building under axis mortar fire is risky. 

Also, american's don't often have those kind of emplacements, which is my main viewpoint here.

As for mort-ht's any good PE player will stick them behind some building/shrubs for protection, and it can outrun any attack force.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 12:39:36 am »

Say all you want about mortar hts being used by uberproswhonevermakeamistake, btw, ask them how they die, nearly all of them will tell you that they get killed by 57s or RR squads.

Look how few vetted mortar hts we have now freek:

You fail at whining.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:41:54 am by Killer344 » Logged
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 12:42:05 am »

The only way my MHTs ever die is against a suicide tank rush with nothing in mind but the death of my MHT.

I lost both a vet 3 Hotchkiss Stuka and vet 3 Mortar Halftrack within 10 seconds of each other against a 4 tank rush :[

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47:11 am »

Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc