Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:47:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to counter mortar pit spam? - the sequel to how to counter wehr mortar spam  (Read 12007 times)
BigDick
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:40:04 am »

I've been noticing many brits are going Royal Engineers (beside the commando abusers) and spam mortar pits covered by cloaked AT guns, cloaked sappers shooting over buildings that take down a P4 to half with one ambush burst
they cover them with a bofor, hmg guns, or simply the cheap multifunctional infantry raping bren tommis.

How to counter these 95 range mortar pits that are complete invulnerable (since rebuild 1 m beside give it 100% health back) to indirect fire (counter mortaring, officer barrage, nebel, even a V1 is sometimes not enough, one stukka is not enough)?

there are people arround having 2-3 mortar pits in their company
and 2 mortar pits can cover with 95 range the most 2v2 and 3v3 maps

edith says: i forgot the prices for these emplacements of doom

450 MP, 65 Mun, thats cheaper than wehr mortars and ridicules 4 pop (one of the most powerful form of artillery since it can continiously keep shelling)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:45:20 am by BigDick » Logged
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 04:43:44 am »

schrecks?

You can usually get in, schreck something then get out before you are suppressed unless theres BARS around.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 04:46:27 am »

Mortar Pits should only be accessible by Royal Artillery
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 04:48:33 am »

you can get them as RSE atm.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:51:50 am »

I've seen how you play, and sitting passive expecting your own wehr mortar to win you the games won't always work. Seems like you've run into a counter to your half-asleep strat. Make a new account and practise a couple of p4 rushes and aggressive use  ofyour wehrmacht units instead of just defensive units like lmgs and mortars covered by mgs if you cant figure this one out. There is no "campy" counter to the mortar pit, because its a mortar that cant be countermortared and needs to be fully destroyed once it is attacked.

All it takes is a flame pio or a single shrek squad to kill this thing up close. Either lead them away from the pit on the bigger maps so you can send in a counter, or stuka it on the small maps and catch it while he redeploys.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:54:46 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 04:52:26 am »

schrecks?

You can usually get in, schreck something then get out before you are suppressed unless theres BARS around.

Schrecks do good damage to them but that's in a matter of 3 - 4 volleys.

But that's like saying, to counter a wehr mortar you only need to bring riflemen with bars or even without bars, because their rifles will kill the crew.

You need to rush these things.

BigDick
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:03:52 am »

schrecks?

don`t work since they are covered by hmg, bren tommies ...

all you achieve is giving them free shreks and wasting 250mun 240mp
and flamers are getting raped by brens when focus fire...

since mortar emplacements are always hide behind buildings and stuff you need to get into close range where you get raped appart

and as baine says then you can rush a mortar with a riflemen shoot the crew recrew it and hit retreat too.....

we don`t talk about an unsupported mortar emplacement in a wide open area

thats why i request for a price increase (more expensive than the wehr mortar) a free healing fix and a pop increase to at least 8pop (since 95 range mortar pits constantly firering are more deadly than nebels that are on 7 pop)
@smokaz for you it was always enough and now stop bitching
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:10:09 am by BigDick » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:05:09 am »

The only issue really is the 'Health refund' when you relocate, which is a bug not a feature.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 05:07:43 am »

Nah, it's not enough against me and it won't be enough against others once they pick up.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 05:12:15 am »

schrecks?

since mortar emplacements are always hide behind buildings and stuff you need to get into close range where you get raped appart

and as baine says then you can rush a mortar with a riflemen shoot the crew recrew it and hit retreat too.....

BigDick you're talking complete shit. On the 1 hand you say that allied hmg counters schrecks from rushing a mortar pit and then you go on to say that rifles can rush an axis mortar with no fear of the mg42.

Anyone who has played coh for more than 3 minutes knows which mg is easier to rush.

I put it to the floor that the whole point of your thread is to somehow 'counter' the balance discussion of the axis mortar thread and has no value to balance discussion beyond your ridiculous bias and constant need to defend against any changes to the axis units.
BigDick
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 05:15:08 am »

schrecks?

BigDick you're talking complete shit. On the 1 hand you say that allied hmg counters schrecks from rushing a mortar pit and then you go on to say that rifles can rush an axis mortar with no fear of the mg42.

learn2read dude i said when you suggest to rush a mortar pit with shreks than others could say rush a mortar with a riflesquad...

that should activate some thinking for you that we talk about supported mortars

at least the wehr mortar can be counter mortared or sniped or destroyed in one tank shoot, one offmap, or onmap other than the brit mortar....where these options don`t work

and my intension of this thread is to balance the mortar pit
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:16:58 am by BigDick » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 05:16:36 am »

schrecks?

Anyone who has played coh for more than 3 minutes knows which mg is easier to rush.

I put it to the floor that the whole point of your thread is to somehow 'counter' the balance discussion of the axis mortar thread and has no value to balance discussion beyond your ridiculous bias and constant need to defend against any changes to the axis units.

The thing with rifles rushing was him being sarcastic, just as i was in my post.
And i thought this thread was just to bring up a counter argument against Wehr mortar overpowered thread.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 05:19:26 am »

Thats why the thread is named "How to counter mortar pit spam", brilliant baine. Good observation
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 05:21:48 am »

Thats why the thread is named "How to counter mortar pit spam", brilliant baine. Good observation

If you refer to the word spam instead of overpowered, then take a look at the "How to counter wehr mortar spam" Thread which turned out to be another Wehr mortar Overpowered thread.

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 05:32:28 am »

Iv tried using Motar halftracks against them with flame ability but doesnt do no damage and hardly even burns the crew. Doesn't matter if I hit the directly with it they jus motar back and not worrying about getting burnied alive.

I think the burn/flame damage should be turned up to make the more counterable with flamers and motar halftracks.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
tankspirit666 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 06:15:05 am »

Hmmm what works and what doesnt: The Situation is a well proected and well supported Mortar Pit

Rocket Arty doesnt work
V1 works most of the times
Precsion Strike doesnt deal enough Damage,
Hummel could work,
Or an Axis Stuka.

P.S. 2 - 3 Stormies with Bundle NAdes could work too . But thats verrry expensive because of  the single Use.

All in All: with the health refund by relocating the Mortar there is only a singe V1 as a hard counter.

Every other Faction would die for having a mortar pit too i guess :-D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:17:32 am by tankspirit666 » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 07:51:34 am »

Yeah you have to rush them, but that doesn't work when its heavily fortified, so I just V1 them right now.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 07:56:01 am »

allied equivalent of an 88 maybe. Perhaps they should be made very vulnerable when setting up like the opel truck.
Latios418 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 07:57:43 am »

because mortar pits have 100m range and the best anti-tank firepower in the game

oh wait

Anonymous 06/19/09(Fri)11:55 No.4931966

Is Akranadas in this thread? Fucker can't stop bragging about his "waifu taldeer" and cosplaying in an eldar farseer costume while shouting "Flithy monkeighs!" interspaced with random eldar gibberish.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 08:32:08 am »

Firstly how can u compair an 88 to a mortar pit? They do different roles (the motar pit is AI, while the 88 is AA/AT). The motor pit is a joke to kill once set up unless you but rush it with loads of units. Every allied players knows this so puts ATG's and MG's next to it.

Firstly the need to be more vulnerable against fire damage so you can burn the crew out without having to destroy it.

Latios stop coming up with stupid comments and this topic is about how to counter mortar pits not bring something which is so offtopic.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc