Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:28:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW!!!!  (Read 5955 times)
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 06:50:52 am »

Checklist for new players:

- Maximum one core (which means no more than a single 25 pop starting callin)
- You dont HAVE to have a 25 pop callin, instead you can have several small (7 + 8 + 9 pop) and just pick our what you need if you are not a starting player
- Always have two AT pieces/upgrades in your start or more
- Always have 1 or more pieces of indirect fire in your company (artillery, mortars or snipers)
- Dont have callins below 8 pop unless it is a special unit like a sniper or a nebel
- Dont have single infantry unit callins
- Try to keep your callins between 8-12 and have variations for the same purpose that allow you to nudge in that extra support if you are tight on pop
- Example of the above: Rifle + Flame Engi (8 pop), 2 Bar rifles (10 pop), Thompson rangers + rifle (11 pop)
- Always have a sniper counter in your company
- Get on ventrilo so you can listen to what your teammate has to say during the game (important even if you dont have a mic)

*these tips are based on the most common flaws in the company design of players I have helped

Additional gameplay tips:
- Try to keep your support weapons covering each other
- Try to hold formation (at guns and mgs having other units in front of them)
- Use cover
- Dont repair your tanks close to the enemy

Im so gonna steal this.
I disagree with some of this....

I generally keep my callins between 10-15 pop for main combat units (13 seems my lucky number in this.  Two infantry squads + officer/two rifle squads + ht, etc) but have small, dedicated AT call-ins for when I see vehicles.  Some of my main combat units have the ability to assist in AT or deal with light vehicles (brens, stickies, fausts) but almost all my heavy AT comes in as small, dedicated units (dual AT guns, shreck'd storms) with a low pop cap (between 5 and Cool so that they can almost always be called in for support.  I normally have one "Line-breaker" call-in with high popcap, being dual shermans for my american company or dual P4's for my Wehrmacht. 

I find that indirect fire is useful, but can be made up for in mobility if you want to try a different mode (My armor company has only one call-in that has no vehicle, and that's a pair of AT guns, and has every halftrack permitted, but not even a single mortar)

But personally, I would suggest you see what's available, see what works for everyone else, and then pick something you like and see if you can twist it in your own way.  There are many ways to build a company, and most of them work to at least a small extent. 

But, in looking at this, you should note, I win as much as I lose.  Smokaz wins more than he loses.  Maybe his way is better, I don't really know.  Either way, best of luck, and welcome to the mod!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc