Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:24:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle Advantages  (Read 3858 times)
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« on: June 26, 2009, 01:13:40 pm »

I make this simple.

Why do you get a Extra 2pp if you stomp noobs and are high rank?
Why Are the Axis Advantages yay more better than the Allies?
They get: MI And/or Panzersherk!

Its should be different, New players sould get extra pp and xp, not high veted units,

Also if you get Battle Advantages, it should be basted on Total xp in company and not on how many battles,

If you lose 50 battles in row and got no vet units, you still get high rank and the the enemy with only 30 wins and shit load of vet get Battle Advantages.

Noobstomp have never been so popular, you get a extra pp for it and they have prob no vet, easy win easy pp, no problem

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 01:39:19 pm »

I thought you only gained extra PP for playing WITH lower ranks, not against, at least this is how it appears to work for me, maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

As for supply drops, to my knowledge the devs had plans to change those anyways although I'm not sure how, perhaps instead of a infantry type AT weapon, each side would get an ATG/Pak instead.

In regards to MI vs Recon run, I'm not sure they cost the same amount of TP, but if so perhaps the advantage version of MI could perhaps be made to reveal a smaller area to balance things out, or just make MI cost more TP then recon run.

Anyways I thought these were in the que to be changed anyways. I guess we'll get confirmation when a Dev has time to post.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:14 pm »

way i see it, if PE and wher get a schreck, then US should get 2 zooks in their drop, and brits get 2 piats in theirs.

As for MGs and mortars not sure how to balance those. Maybe give the US MG free AP rounds?

And I agree, i rather have an MI then a recon anyday. ALTHOUGH I do believe recon uncloaks units while MI doesn't, because I save my recons for sniper/storm/pak hunting.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:33:24 pm »

I don't get the impression that Battle Advantages were ever intended to level the playing field between a high PP(and inherently also high xp) battalion and a low one.  Its a neat little bone being thrown, but it can't possibly make up for the differences in most cases. 

The real benefit is the greater PP gain for playing someone much more advanced then you.  Stomach the inevitable loss, but enjoy that your development just gained ground on everyone else.  This is by far the best part of playing a weak company against a stacked team.

But if the intention were to try to level the playing field more, than it should really contain stuff like offmap arty, better xp gain, maybe higher popcap, shit like that.  I'm not saying its necessary, but a couple of extra hmg / mortar / zooks and a few recon runs does nothing to counter sigificantly higher vet, hundreds of more mp/mu/fu, T3 unlocks, etc.

That said, I've always been comfortable with the notion that newer players and newer companies had to earn their way up to parity with the stronger ones.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:38:26 pm »

That is a good idea, give higher popcap limit as a newbie advantage maybe like +5 or +8.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 11:24:46 pm »

The idea for the training advantages (ones given to a lower rank player playing against a higher ranked TEAM) were that they were defensive in nature.

No purely offensive advantages like offmaps.

The idea for commander advantages (ones given to a higer rank playing on a lower ranked TEAM) were ones that offset the higher rank for playing with a 'calculated' newer team.

Now, as with all purely calculated methods currently implemented, its not perfect.

New abilities / replacements for both Training and Commander Advantages are welcome.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 12:17:51 am »

What about butterfly mines for axis.

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 12:58:55 am »

What about butterfly mines for axis.

thats an offmap.  If used correctly it can also block an entire road.

Currently there are Supply Drops, Recon Runs, and Smoke Barrages.  Creeping Smoke Barrage maybe???  It wouldn't take much, but it could be used for the price of 2 Smoke barrages since the smoke isn't as thick.

Military Intelligence should be back for the price of 3 Recon Runs too (same as a supply drop).
Decoy Artillery maybe??  Heaps of Red smoke firing won't really be offensive, though it could make the enemy get out of existing territory.
scrapking Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 01:39:15 am »

The idea for the training advantages (ones given to a lower rank player playing against a higher ranked TEAM) were that they were defensive in nature.

No purely offensive advantages like offmaps.

The idea for commander advantages (ones given to a higer rank playing on a lower ranked TEAM) were ones that offset the higher rank for playing with a 'calculated' newer team.

Now, as with all purely calculated methods currently implemented, its not perfect.

New abilities / replacements for both Training and Commander Advantages are welcome.

EiRMOD, it entirely depends on how much of a difference in battalion development between teams that the advantages are intended to compensate for.  I mean, nobody is going up against a highly vetted and tiered foe and thinking "this will be ok, I get a few extra MG and mortars", but it also doesn't hurt either.  But my point is, it doesn't have to be that big of a difference maker either, its simply pleasant that you get SOMETHING extra.

Realistically I'm not sure that you could give anything away that would counter out the horde of vet 3 infantry and vetted up armor units.  It's always been, and probably always will be an impossible slope to climb up against - but that doesn't mean you still can't pull out wins, and advance your own development.  You just have to have a good cognizant idea of what you're up against, and make the best of it.

I think the only real problem at all are brand new players who walk into a stacked game and get buttraped, which again, I'm not sure what you could really do anything about.  I mean, if you give TOO much away as advantages, then you're going to have people constantly re-rolling smurf accounts to gain OP advantages just to grief.  That said, more could be given before that point were reached without upsetting anyone's applecart.

Its just always been a fact of the mod that you have to have thick skin for losing games and grinding your way up, so getting any kind of bone thrown your way in the battle is great.  The fact that facing tougher opponents shortens the grind with greater PP gain is really the best "advantage" of them all.  The system is nice regardless.
Fresz1 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 02:04:06 am »

I didnt read all of your posts, but as fa as i know MI is not any better than recon, it has very small radious. Supply drop - i dont understand point is making here Duckordie, we getting shreck and u getting bazooka, i dont think that there is better wep than bazooka.

As far i know u getting +4pps for 5 lvl diffrence and +2pp for 4 or 3 lvl diffrence if u playing with noobs.
Noobs or Newbies getting huge amount of XP and PPs, I just made new account and for playing with lvl7 guy i got 44/22xp and 22 pps is this bad? Where he got mayby 3pps for me ...
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 02:33:02 am »

i dont think that there is better wep than bazooka.
Just... stop. You have no clue what you're saying. He's saying that you get 120 munitions (schrek) upgrade while allies get 40 munitions (zooka)
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 02:40:22 am »

MI is far better then recon run

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 02:40:53 am »

I think the +5 Population Increase is a sound idea. 1 extra squad or ATG could do wonders for newbies.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2009, 02:45:37 am »

Fresz1 = aloha? or at least related, maybe live in same neighborhood, same school?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc