Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:52:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE needs arty  (Read 12612 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 02:21:41 am »

A hotchkiss with stuka can defend itself for a short while versus AT infantry, can easily kill an unskirted greyhound, and will give a huge fight to stuarts and skirted greyhounds. The staghound will defo rape it, T17 may with WP rounds, but it's your own fault for letting such a costly and low-health vehicle past your lines towards your HStuka. Upgunned Hotchkisses penetrate shermans almost with every shot, but do rather poor damage :S.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 04:28:03 am »

as i said, scorched earth is the only dedicated PE doctrine with any sought of arty. luft have no arty, tank busters have no arty.  every allied doctrine has arty. every wehr have arty even british have offmaps, FOO is considered as offmap since it comes.. OFFMAP! and is suspiciously similar to any american offmap artillery  Shocked.

and bout britz, commandos have offmap arty, yes royal engineers not as lucky with only AVRE but they still have captain FOO and royal artillery can be compared to scorched earth. except brits all have offmaps, tank destroyers dont, luft dont.

and jagz just quit your whining for no reason comparing a 20+ something rocket arty to a 4 rocket stuka when it can destroy kingtigers if right on top of them or hurt any axis tank if a rocket hits, or decimate any axis infantry because of the spread you have to sprint out or retreat because your squad has either 4+ men or 6+ volks which just get destroyed.

and Tym, i asked the question what is sector artillery, you have to be blind with what i posted up before when no other PEdoctrine get offmap arty but every other faction get arty.
Hotchkiss costs 4pp(if not scorched earth which than comparing to other factions they all get some sought of offmap artillery to make up for it) to buy but oh no wehr get nebel and americans get howi for free which are both better than the hotchkiss.

Um, where is the artillery for the airborne? If you wanna try and say bombing run, that's a Tier 3 and way down the line. Armor gets the callie but no off maps, airborne have no on map artillery.

I was just answering your question about what is sector arty. And so what if pe's dont have off-maps, thats what makes them unique. PE are pretty strong without off-maps and have a whole different playstyle where offmaps really dont work with it.

TBH, precision strike should be taken out it never should've been added as an offmap for blitz as they've always been a side without it. It just makes them really powerful, especially with storms being able to scout like they do and sneaking behind lines and just taking out random targets. Its a cool mechanic but inconsistent with their doctrine.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Halfling Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 04:48:59 am »

The howie on infantry doctrine and RCA is totally useless. All axis players have to do is use offmap artillery on them and it is over. The panzer elite have got the non-doctrinal hotchkiss that is very useful if you know how to use it..

And beside of hotchkiss the SE doctrines hummel is the strongest artillery unit in game.

just Halfwhining sometimes Wink
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 04:51:10 am »

Agreed.

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2009, 06:18:13 am »

Really?  You'd rather have a captain than a hotch?

Okay, deal.  I'll give you my captain with FOO, give me a stuka hotch.  We'll call it square, yeah?

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 06:19:40 am »

Lol the Hotchkiss Stuka is terrible Tongue.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 06:21:27 am »

Lol the Hotchkiss Stuka is terrible Tongue.
Yeah, but at least I can fire it from a place that's relatively safe, and it takes more than a single P4 round to get rid of.

Oh, did I mention it can fire more than once every 8 minutes? 
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 06:38:23 am »

Um, where is the artillery for the airborne? If you wanna try and say bombing run, that's a Tier 3 and way down the line. Armor gets the callie but no off maps, airborne have no on map artillery.

Ehm, ofcourse bombing run, wtf do you mean it's a T3? The rest of offmaps is T3 aswell, don't get your point here.
And the same argument about PE being strong enough(not saying it's wrong  Roll Eyes) without Offmaps, can be used for airborne.

Most offmaps are used to kill units that aren't reachable with normal units. Airbornes can reach them.
Same for stormtrooper, that's why i agree that precision strike is too much for Blitz.

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 09:06:47 am »

deleted, wrong topic
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 09:12:18 am »

Wow, demon....AVRE is the farthest thing from arty, thats like calling the StuH arty too...

Except for the part that the StuH fires every what, 7 seconds? and does quite a bit of damage per shot having no problem decrewing support weaps in a shot like the AVRE which fails to do so sometimes also..

I can't believe you'd consider the AVRE arty...its the slowest most crappiest arty in the game..I'd take a hotch stuka over that considering it can defend itself....and captain with FOO is not an offmap because its not purchased with SP..

Rawr
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 10:21:01 am »

Yeah we already got it sharpshooter, that all the units you use are underpowered. Maybe you should play another doctrine as you obviously can't handle churchills.
VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:42 am »

AVRE isn't underpowered.

But it's not arty.  I'd consider it more of a bulldozer than anything.  It is a siege tank, and an anti-blob mechanism.  Unlike arty, though, it needs to be exposed to be a threat.

The captain is the same to a limited degree, but he's weaker, and his arty call-in is more destructive.  Overall, I'd say the RE has no significant arty.  To have a real arty presence anyway, you need on-map arty pieces. Hummel, Calli, and priest being the kings of this arena.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:59 am »

Ehm, ofcourse bombing run, wtf do you mean it's a T3? The rest of offmaps is T3 as well, don't get your point here.
And the same argument about PE being strong enough(not saying it's wrong  Roll Eyes) without Offmaps, can be used for airborne.

Most offmaps are used to kill units that aren't reachable with normal units. Airbornes can reach them.
Same for stormtrooper, that's why i agree that precision strike is too much for Blitz.

Inf arty = T2
Rocket Arty = T3
Precision Strike = T2
Firestorm = T2
V1 = T3
Decoy Arty = T3
Sector Arty = T3

and butterfly bombs can be called an off-map especially since no other side gets anything like it.

Then a T4 for luft

Luftwaffe Ground Support (Flak 88 comes in emplacement structure and can switch to artillery modus on cooldown)

there's some arty there fo' ya.

and tank hunters dont need artillery, they're tank hunters, they kill tanks. Artillery is for killing structure and infantry.

As for the bombing run, that's not really artillery and it can be stopped by having AA on the field and houses can block it. It's not nearly as effective as any of the axis artillery.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:30:01 am by Tymathee » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 10:29:45 am »

I think Unknown said the arty 88 t4 got scrapped anyway.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 10:30:41 am »

I think Unknown said the arty 88 t4 got scrapped anyway.

oh right, anywho. Was great idea though.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 10:40:20 am »

Ehm, ofcourse bombing run, wtf do you mean it's a T3? The rest of offmaps is T3 as well, don't get your point here.
And the same argument about PE being strong enough(not saying it's wrong  Roll Eyes) without Offmaps, can be used for airborne.

Inf arty = T2
Rocket Arty = T3
Precision Strike = T2
Firestorm = T2
V1 = T3
Decoy Arty = T3
Sector Arty = T3

and butterfly bombs can be called an off-map especially since no other side gets anything like it.

Then a T4 for luft

Luftwaffe Ground Support (Flak 88 comes in emplacement structure and can switch to artillery modus on cooldown)

there's some arty there fo' ya.

and tank hunters dont need artillery, they're tank hunters, they kill tanks. Artillery is for killing structure and infantry.

As for the bombing run, that's not really artillery and it can be stopped by having AA on the field and houses can block it. It's not nearly as effective as any of the axis artillery.

Fine yes, and you forgot T2 Strafing run and didn't even mention the T3 RAF for commandos.

Yes, PE don't need more offmaps.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 11:16:33 am »

yeah, "we are the tank hunters, we just kill tanks, we don't breaktrough, we don't attack, we just wait and hide... until the tanks come and we kill them, and then we hide and wait before we go below 15 pop cap, yarrrrr!"

LOL ok.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 12:05:28 pm »

The problem with this idea (original post, not all your stupid offtopic crap everybody Tongue) is I could just as easily say "Americans need better halftracks" or "British need better light vehicles".

PE have a strength, and that is being an almost entirely mechanised force. Then, on top of that, they have a doctrine that lets them fight as effectively as any other faction while NOT being mechanised (theoretically) in scorched earth. It gives them the artillery and the focus on not being in clown cars that all the other factions have.

PE do not noeed additional artillery.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 04:24:50 pm »

hmm ok i guess. yea most probably cuz i hate getting blown to shit everytime i get close to any allied infantry arty is called it gets annoying i want to do it to them and see how they like to be artyed.

BTW look at the AVRE doctrine, it says its arty and in my first original post i stated im going from what the doctrines say godamit it so annoying.

i just always wanted some better offmaps for PE. butterfly bombs dont do nearly enough damage because they all dont go off all at once, nothing like a mine does, basically supress, i guess thats good in sitiations but i want to blow shit up. i think luft should get strafing aswell.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 04:55:00 pm »

hmm ok i guess. yea most probably cuz i hate getting blown to shit everytime i get close to any allied infantry arty is called it gets annoying i want to do it to them and see how they like to be artyed.

BTW look at the AVRE doctrine, it says its arty and in my first original post i stated im going from what the doctrines say godamit it so annoying.

i just always wanted some better offmaps for PE. butterfly bombs dont do nearly enough damage because they all dont go off all at once, nothing like a mine does, basically supress, i guess thats good in sitiations but i want to blow shit up. i think luft should get strafing aswell.

Henchel snipes inf, tanks and stuff, it snipes yours too if you get unlucky

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc