Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:42:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Inf] Tank Reapers  (Read 34415 times)
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 01:48:41 pm »

After doing some hands-on research into this, here are my thoughts: Alright, never mind trying to attack with tanks against this, which is suicide faster than you can say wtf. 2 atg sniped 2 of my lmg gren squads down to 1 man each. I thought having german steel would help a little. Not at ALL. every single shot penetrated (front armor, even on a stug), and did huge amounts of hp damage. I would like to see either the tank reaper boost to penetration brought down to 15% (matching german steel) or german steel brought up to 33% less penetration (matching tank reapers). ATG creeps become unstoppable, since the allied player knows their atgs will never miss, or not penetrate. I imagine that anyone not having german steel would rage quit once they find out their tanks are little better than half tracks. I don't even want to mention what happened to my two PE allies and their already non-existent armor. Whoever made tank reapers do 33% more penetration would easily get a job on the vanilla coh reliq balance team...  Roll Eyes
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 01:58:34 pm »

dear Jinker,

Tank Reapers was in regular EIR as well.  It was only for AT guns then I believe.  Anyways, this is why you can't just rush P4's and whatnot into the front...use more infantry in your company.  Adjust, it is beatable, I promise.  Try a sniper or some mortars.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 02:03:49 pm »

Simple answer to 'unstoppable' atg w/ tank reapers.

Axis mortar/nebel w/ infantry.  Done, finished, end of story.

You can occasionally beat atg's with a tank, it's just that tank reapers makes that a losing proposition more of the time.  Send your tanks around the atg's though... not at them lol.

L2play newb?

Oh, and I believe in old EiR it was something like 70% health, damage, and penetration... it truly lived up to it's name (kinda too well, but w/e).  So, TR has already been nerfed, and it's a t4 so it should be something *good* for allies.
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 02:07:21 pm »

so uh what about PE? Everyone keeps listing counters that are WM specific... It sounds like the paper-thin armor of the entire PE army is going to get buttfucked  Tongue

VictorTarget Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2009, 02:10:47 pm »

so uh what about PE? Everyone keeps listing counters that are WM specific... It sounds like the paper-thin armor of the entire PE army is going to get buttfucked  Tongue
If you can dodge a ball, you can dodge a 57mm round?

Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »

Note

Tank reapers sux, if you charge with inf all the time.

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2009, 02:16:31 pm »

captain we need MOAR phase-through!!!!  Grin
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2009, 02:25:03 pm »

I do believe Jinker has at least a semblence of a point.

Tank Reapers needs to be brought in line with German Steel a bit better. They're both T4s, but Tank Reapers is clearly superior.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2009, 02:35:17 pm »

Tank Reapers buffs a very small portion of your army (anti tank units) wheras German Steel buffs a much more all-purpose part of your army (can go for panthers for AT or ostwinds for AI or p4's for a combination)
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »

But what about PE?
We already have paper thin shit (except Panther and Jagd). Think about the little people, the PE people.
Vote for me!

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2009, 02:55:03 pm »

But what about PE?
We already have paper thin shit (except Panther and Jagd). Think about the little people, the PE people.
Vote for me!

yah, u get to see what its like driving around with shermans and m10s and stuff.

Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »

But what about PE?
Vote for me!

You mean the shit that's invulnerable to small arms fire? Play a different army if you hate it so much.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2009, 03:03:32 pm »

why try to ruin a good t4... iam spending freaking 100pp on it.. only effects AT of my army.. just means, maybe you will have to beat me by something other than a tank rush..
Halfling Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2009, 03:10:39 pm »

Agree with Mgallun74.
The only good T4 for US infantry doctrine and I'm spending my 100pp on it too.

just Halfwhining sometimes Wink
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2009, 03:14:37 pm »

But what about PE?
Vote for me!

yah, u get to see what its like driving around with shermans and m10s and stuff.
wth are you talking about man? Shermans and M10s can survive 2 shots from AT guns, most of PE from the beginning to the end of this mod (hopefully not) dies from two hits maximum from AT guns, and goodgod our halftracks will die twice as fast now.

But what about PE?
Vote for me!

You mean the shit that's invulnerable to small arms fire? Play a different army if you hate it so much.
would you stop that plz, you said something like that in another post. All i am asking is for a little bit of survivability in the PE stuff. Can i get some PE back up here plz?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:20:27 pm by crimsonrabbit » Logged
Freek Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2009, 03:21:46 pm »

They are half tracks.. duh.  Don't charge atgs with them.  Charge an mg w/ inf and surprise you die.  Why the outcry about this?

Oh, and stop comparing halftracks to *tanks*.  Your pIV IST can survive quite a few atg shots, same w/ your panther. 
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:56 pm »

I have no problem w/ tank reapers keeping WM tank rushes in check (frankly I see too many ppl trying to use p4s alone and then bitching when they die). But for PE i don't want to see every vehicle i have get 1-2 shotted by tank reaper atgs.

And no shit, don't rush atgs head-on w/ HTs.....
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »

They are half tracks.. duh.  Don't charge atgs with them.  Charge an mg w/ inf and surprise you die.  Why the outcry about this?

Oh, and stop comparing halftracks to *tanks*.  Your pIV IST can survive quite a few atg shots, same w/ your panther.
I dont have a panther, and i am not asking HTs to survive AT shots. I am talking about the zooks that are gonna rape PE in 2 shots when they try to get away. Focus fire will be useless then because ranger squads will just run up to it while the ATHT is shoot at it and zook it in one barrage.
BTW, you do realize that we are limited to 2 PIV until we have to pay PP right? And if we do buy more PIV ISTs, we will most definitely have to sacrifice some Marders/MHT/ACs to get it right? That is not good because we need our marders for AT, our MHT for our light arty, and our ACs to just fuck around lol.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:30:45 pm by crimsonrabbit » Logged
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2009, 03:32:07 pm »

Crimson, it's PE.  They are THE DEFINITION OF GLASS CANNONS.  The way PE is played in this mod right now honestly is retarded...once people adapt, things will be fine.  Its just that with Tank Reapers, the completely stupid IHT rushes of doom aren't going to work anymore.  Use MHT's(outrange AT guns), use mp44/g43 squads, use flanking AC's...all of these things can clear a 57...its not rocket science.  Also, ATHT's are not front line troops...if the rangers can get to it, you're mis-using it.  Its designed to be used at MAX RANGE, behind a screen of infantry.  Works especially well with a g43 to slow the rangers.  Also, if you aren't using a panther, you should have a fuckload of fuel to use on p4ists....
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2009, 03:32:26 pm »

The old TR would be fun against the PE tbh lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc