Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:18:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] [Inf] Tank Reapers  (Read 34397 times)
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2009, 03:38:14 pm »

The old TR would be fun against the PE tbh lol.

70 percent penetration and damage lol, actually i like this one better, for the zooks stuff.. makes vet3 rangers and rifles with zooks kinda mean.

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 03:41:13 pm »

Crimson, it's PE.  They are THE DEFINITION OF GLASS CANNONS.  The way PE is played in this mod right now honestly is retarded...once people adapt, things will be fine.  Its just that with Tank Reapers, the completely stupid IHT rushes of doom aren't going to work anymore.  Use MHT's(outrange AT guns), use mp44/g43 squads, use flanking AC's...all of these things can clear a 57...its not rocket science.  Also, ATHT's are not front line troops...if the rangers can get to it, you're mis-using it.  Its designed to be used at MAX RANGE, behind a screen of infantry.  Works especially well with a g43 to slow the rangers.  Also, if you aren't using a panther, you should have a fuckload of fuel to use on p4ists....
You know what fine, just keep it.
My falls are better than your rangers.   Cool

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2009, 03:44:55 pm »

<---Armor Doctrine.

Also, ya, I have falls too.  They do alright against rangers in equal numbers and green cover...but mine aren't vet3 cool like yours

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2009, 03:46:53 pm »

<---Armor Doctrine.

Also, ya, I have falls too.  They do alright against rangers in equal numbers and green cover...but mine aren't vet3 cool like yours
Actually i lost a vet 3 due to lag, but i will get it back in no time....i hope.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »

Crimson, it's PE.  They are THE DEFINITION OF GLASS CANNONS.  The way PE is played in this mod right now honestly is retarded...once people adapt, things will be fine.  Its just that with Tank Reapers, the completely stupid IHT rushes of doom aren't going to work anymore.  Use MHT's(outrange AT guns), use mp44/g43 squads, use flanking AC's...all of these things can clear a 57...its not rocket science.  Also, ATHT's are not front line troops...if the rangers can get to it, you're mis-using it.  Its designed to be used at MAX RANGE, behind a screen of infantry.  Works especially well with a g43 to slow the rangers.  Also, if you aren't using a panther, you should have a fuckload of fuel to use on p4ists....

The bold part is whats important, the MHT has the same or less range than a 57mm depending on teh 57s vet level.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 03:51:11 pm by AmPM » Logged

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2009, 03:51:30 pm »

The bold part is whats important, the MHT has the same or less range than a 57mm depending on teh 57s vet level.

like that matters if the thing is behind a building or berm..
Atlanton Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:49 pm »

Right now, in my last game on crossroads. I killed a vet 3 Panzer IV,
With: 4 Bazooka shots from my 2 ranger squads (each ranger squad got 2 Zokas if I remember right) and 1 hit for a Allied At gun. (Mine also)

the rangers hitted the Panzer IV from the side (It had skirts) and my At gun hit it one time from front.
After I got my Tank Reapers, my Ranger squads just move around and kill any armor,

My poor poor Vet 3 Panzer.

I was really surprised by that. My biggest problem with the tank reapers is that it removes a lot of the strategy in attacking a tank. Suddenly, all you need to do is set up an anti-tank gun and rush some rangers in and a vet 3 panzer will be dead before you can even try to back it up.

You may say that its in line with HEAT rounds or the other T4, but I disagree. AT guns can be remanned and bazookas can be picked up. Hell, Heavy Weapons even gives Bazookas to all of your rifle squads if you see fit. Tank Reapers is a great idea, but since rifleman and AT guns are much more survivable than tanks in the current meta-game, I think the penetration or damage should be toned done a bit.

Use MHT's(outrange AT guns)

like that matters if the thing is behind a building or berm..

So then counters to 57mm for the PE are completely map dependent.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2009, 04:00:31 pm »

Indeed. PE should get an Offmap or onmap arty strike for removing hardpoints just like every other doctrine.

I suggest we find a model of a Panzerwerfer 42, and use that.
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2009, 04:07:52 pm »

Indeed. PE should get an Offmap or onmap arty strike for removing hardpoints just like every other doctrine.

I suggest we find a model of a Panzerwerfer 42, and use that.
I think i found it!
http://img142.imageshack.us/i/pw42iy5.jpg/
Check the near the bottom of the relic forum thread here for more info:

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=209582&page=4
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2009, 04:09:30 pm »

...really?  You can't be serious...
SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2009, 04:31:13 pm »

Just get the numbers in line with each other  Smiley

Heat Rounds: (Tanks)
+25% Damage
+15% Penetration

German Steel: (Tanks)
+25% Health
-15% Received penetration

Tank Reapers: (AT guns, Bazookas, Sticky Bombs)
+20% Damage
+33% Penetration
+25% Accuracy

Tank Reapers could be something like:
  • +25% Damage + 20% Accuracy  
  • +20% Damage + 20% Penetration  
  • +15% Damage + 15% Penetration +15% Accuracy  

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:49:54 pm by SaintPauli » Logged
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »

I am loving the axis "OP!!!" cries in this thread when their  precious tanks get penetrated every time by the at guns and at weapons. I wonder if they have ever played on the allied team, where penetrating shots on armor from anything bigger then a rifle are to be expected.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »

Just get the numbers in line with each other  Smiley

Heat Rounds: (Tanks)
+25% Damage
+15% Penetration

German Steel: (Tanks)
+25% Health
-15% Received penetration

Tank Reapers: (AT guns, Bazookas, Sticky Bombs)
+20% Damage
+33% Penetration
+25% Accuracy

Tank Reapers could be something like:
  • +25% Damage + 20% Accuracy  
  • +20% Damage + 20% Penetration  
  • +15% Damage + 15% Penetration +15% Accuracy  

Except tank reapers only buff AT weapons, while heat rounds buff all tanks.   If tank reapers gave ATGs, rangers, and riflemen more damage, and accuracy your comparison would have a point.

Its not like Heat rounds only give damage bonus vs ATGs and rangers.  It gives dmg bonus vs everything.

Focus fire will be useless then because ranger squads will just run up to it while the ATHT is shoot at it and zook it in one barrage.

Its called G43 slow.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 05:49:10 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »

Use MHT's(outrange AT guns)

At no point does a 57mm have the same range as a MHT.   MHT has 70 range, 57mm has 60 range, increasing to 65 range at vet 3.

In addition, MHT is by far the most efficient counter to support weapons in the game.  It can reliably one shot decrew an ATG within 5 seconds by using the incendiary shell.   Regular mortar barrages lands near the ATG once or twice and then your opponent pulls the ATG back 2 feet.
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2009, 05:57:22 pm »

Does anyone know if tank reaper works for the British AT gun when purchased in the reinforcement package?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2009, 06:18:45 pm »

I am loving the axis "OP!!!" cries in this thread when their  precious tanks get penetrated every time by the at guns and at weapons. I wonder if they have ever played on the allied team, where penetrating shots on armor from anything bigger then a rifle are to be expected.

lols, Shermans are just as durable as a P4, actually, they have more HP too....

Then again, you might need to stop sitting in front of PAK guns to notice that.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »

Does anyone know if tank reaper works for the British AT gun when purchased in the reinforcement package?

hmmm 6pdr cloaked TR..
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2009, 07:12:21 pm »

hmmm 6pdr cloaked TR..

not hey are not listed as having it.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 08:07:37 pm »

I am loving the axis "OP!!!" cries in this thread when their  precious tanks get penetrated every time by the at guns and at weapons. I wonder if they have ever played on the allied team, where penetrating shots on armor from anything bigger then a rifle are to be expected.

lols, Shermans are just as durable as a P4, actually, they have more HP too....

Then again, you might need to stop sitting in front of PAK guns to notice that.

Axis at weapons, man packed or tank have higher penetration rrates vs allied tanks and you know it ampm stop instigating :p.

and yea, sux my 6pdrs can't use tank reapers Sad

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Rayze Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2009, 08:17:09 pm »

The only argument i can see forming agaisnt the TR here is maybe from the PE players but as stated before in this thread there are countless counters for Allied AT (seeing as thats all this is applied to).

Shermans, M10, M18 all suffer a 1 maybe 2 shots from an AT gun and before they can realy evade or pull back the next shots destroyed engine if not killed it.

The axis now have to worry about rushing there P4 and Panthers through a front line and because of this its OP?

PE can still use alot of there usual methods to counter this just have to take alittle more care in microing your HT's.

WM dont like this more then most (not tryna point fingers but it is those and i guess if i was used to steam roleing any AT defence i came across with a hand full of tanks ide feel the same way)

All i can say is if this doesnt get nerfed due to WM demand then mix up your companys more, i have had to do it countless times to counter axis vehicles/infantry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc