Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 05:26:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who bashed all the allies away?  (Read 13069 times)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27:52 pm »

im really getting sick of the mid-late game KT spammage now.  I know everyone's pretty much gonna base their armour on Gamesguys, that is, having 2 King Tigers.  Basically 1 KT takes at least 3 ATGs from the other team and 2 heavy tanks, as well as maybe some infantry, and the second one just has nothing to fight against and rips them apart.  Maybe we should look at these heavy tanks cost or pop cap so they won't be as much of a nuisance.

Panthers are Fine ATM, and tigers are also fine (with their relatively low armour they can at least be penetrated and they dont have too much health).  I think its the KT mostly, and to some extent the jagd (which i haven't really seen much of) that are causing these problems, as well as the repair kits on them.

One suggestion i have is to increase the repair kit cost even further.

Axis heavy tank spam is only a problem when its axis defending.  I've never had an issue destroying KTs and tigers and panthers with my armor company except when its axis defend and they make a doom fort at the start, and then bring out the heavy tanks when you only have 30 pop and they have 40.

Honestly most people don't use their KTs correctly.    They either commite them to suicidal situations with no support or are too scared to lose it and thus it does basically nothing.

The game you see in the OP is a great example.   A KT with 0 kills, ya that thing was sure useful. Wink

Really 120 munitions = a schrek.  And it repairs what, 900 health??  And 900 health to a KT is like 1500 to any normal medium tank since not many shots will penetrate.

The repair cost doesn't even matter.  For a unit that costs more than half your fuel 120 munitions is nothing.  Its the repair time thats killer on the KT, it takes 4 minutes to repair the sucker and a good two minutes to take it back to spawn and another 2 minutes to bring it back up.

You're wasting 18 pop sitting idle for like 10 minutes when repairing a KT.   Also your medium tank comparison is flawed because a medium tank won't take nearly as many hits due to their speed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:34:06 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 09:31:46 pm »

There was nothing left to kill.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 09:41:36 pm »

Axis heavy tank spam is only a problem when its axis defending.  I've never had an issue destroying KTs and tigers and panthers with my armor company except when its axis defend and they make a doom fort at the start, and then bring out the heavy tanks when you only have 30 pop and they have 40.

Honestly most people don't use their KTs correctly.    They either commite them to suicidal situations with no support or are too scared to lose it and thus it does basically nothing.

The game you see in the OP is a great example.   A KT with 0 kills, ya that thing was sure useful. Wink

Really 120 munitions = a schrek.  And it repairs what, 900 health??  And 900 health to a KT is like 1500 to any normal medium tank since not many shots will penetrate.

The repair cost doesn't even matter.  For a unit that costs more than half your fuel 120 munitions is nothing.  Its the repair time thats killer on the KT, it takes 4 minutes to repair the sucker and a good two minutes to take it back to spawn and another 2 minutes to bring it back up.

You're wasting 18 pop sitting idle for like 10 minutes when repairing a KT.   Also your medium tank comparison is flawed because a medium tank won't take nearly as many hits due to their speed.

Quoting before he edits the post.

Contradict yourself much? Maybe you should just stop posting like you are better then everybody. Actually, maybe you should just stop posting all together!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:57:09 pm by DuckOfDoom » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 09:47:40 pm »

Please refrain from turning this thread into a flame war.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »

Please refrain from turning this thread into a flame war.

But Your Honor, the subject is clearly contradicting himself!

The point is that he blatantly defends his KTs (which ARE unbalanced at the moment due to lack of allied anti tank doctrines [that arent tank reapers]) on the forums, while he proceeds to whine in chat how he cant beat kts with his armor company, the very company he was so magically successful with, as quoted in his post. If that is not a contradiction, I dont know what is.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:58:22 pm by DuckOfDoom » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 09:51:45 pm »

He uses KTs.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 09:54:49 pm »

Axis heavy tank spam is only a problem when its axis defending.  I've never had an issue destroying KTs and tigers and panthers with my armor company except when its axis defend and they make a doom fort at the start, and then bring out the heavy tanks when you only have 30 pop and they have 40.

Honestly most people don't use their KTs correctly.    They either commite them to suicidal situations with no support or are too scared to lose it and thus it does basically nothing.

The game you see in the OP is a great example.   A KT with 0 kills, ya that thing was sure useful. Wink

Quoting before he edits the post.

Contradict yourself much? Maybe you should just stop posting like an arrogant prick. Actually, maybe you should just stop posting all together!

How am I contradicting myself.   Armor has a problem with countering KTs pop efficiently.  This normally isn't a problem because if you have equal pop you can just attack somewhere else and the KT won't be able to respond.

Its when its axis defend and they have 10 more pop than you is when there is a problem.    Airborne, infantry, and Brits all have pop efficient counters to kill or deter KTs with, armor does not.

Also, I guess your last ban didn't teach you anything about flaming others and calling them names.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 10:20:32 pm »

KT is easy to kill, let me give you a hint, its Achilles heal is its supporting units. Area of effect arty removing or weakening those means you can sweep in and remove it. At the same time the KT either has to retreat or die.

If it retreats you take territory, pop is in your favor, if it doesn't it dies and you don't have to worry about it.

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 04:39:11 am »

KT is easy to kill, let me give you a hint, its Achilles heal is its supporting units. Area of effect arty removing or weakening those means you can sweep in and remove it. At the same time the KT either has to retreat or die.

If it retreats you take territory, pop is in your favor, if it doesn't it dies and you don't have to worry about it.

lulz this sounds like defeating some kind of boss (lol allied players dreams), first take his guards then you can try to kill it, it's only weakness - speed, which is enough to run from ifantry, mostly the best counter for KT is just to avoid it.

I remeber game with schultz against Apex and his double vet 3 KTs with german steel + his teamate abused truck bug, he buildied 4 88s from 2 trucks (it was on RTC). Even 3-4 atgs with TRs (when dmg and pen buffs were at 70%) did shit to KT, it was just fucking impossible to kill it, it always ended in retreating KTs, not dead, tryining to hunt it could cost us game. I can't believe that we won it, lol

Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 04:59:11 am »

On a lawl note: Kt top speed is faster then the tiger

Eir customer support staff.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 05:21:29 am »

I like how AmPM constantly pretends to be the omnipotent best player in EiRR history that can defeat an entire company with a single toothpick with one hand tied behind his back and a blindfold and his eyes by sheer tactics.

Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 05:34:34 am »

Its not ampm its everyone - That is why you can't have these topics due to the fact that everyone is ''raising their heads'' and saying : Well i could do it

With this situation in their head with that amount of at guns that amount of troops etc.

That is why i have given up more or less on these discussions in the eir forums.
Bubz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 06:03:37 am »

Who bashed all the allies away?
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 07:18:41 am »

Jinker and Jazlizard like playing together and bring out them duel KT near end of games as the end game stick..   couple days ago they did run into somewhat of a trap with my vet3 atg and some of my teammates armor, brought both KTs pretty low on armor... sigh, only if i had TR at the time, maybe at least one would have been toast.. lol.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 08:04:49 am »

Guderian, I was more reffering to AMPM's optimism of being able to find something good about EVERY single unit out there. Why, I think he'd manage to find a use for the churchill if he looked hard enough ^^.
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 08:38:08 am »

Guderian, I was more reffering to AMPM's optimism of being able to find something good about EVERY single unit out there. Why, I think he'd manage to find a use for the churchill if he looked hard enough ^^.

Churchills can crush hedges and go toe to toe with supported paks an p4s. Its not my cup of tea but I am sure that someone can make something out of it!
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 08:45:33 am »

Churchills can crush hedges and go toe to toe with supported paks an p4s. Its not my cup of tea but I am sure that someone can make something out of it!

Yeah churchills rock, aloha used two of them together to make short process of tanks and paks. Those things are like KTs.

Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 08:47:24 am »

The ability to rape paks and shreks ah i love croc.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:02 am »

Who bashed all the allies away? Funny that this thread should come up now. I've been away from EIRR for a week, and Im guessing most of the shakers & movers have been reduced to pitiful noobstomping..with me missing.  Cool

Writing to you from a hot beach with my laptop, I can just close my eyes and imagine the launcher and a number like #11202 or something, with elitegrenadier and pauli sitting idly in their ambush waiting for allies...too Anhänger-Junge to ever dish up allied accounts of their own and give the other axis some trouble.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 08:48:55 am »

Yepp all the newcomers are leaving rapidly due to noob stomping.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc