Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:36:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: How do you feel EIR:R should do offmaps? - Two votes
Tweak uses, Max and/or free - increase
Tweak SP costs, per use  - increase
Tweak uses, Max and/or free - decrease
Tweak SP costs, per use  - decrease
Uses and Costs are fine
Remove uses, create timers
Limit Offmaps via unit targeting
Other: Explain via post

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offmap poll - READ DESCRIPTIONS  (Read 10493 times)
Talas Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 04:01:02 am »

I say that art. should be used to breach. That will say, I would like to see that the time before drop is pretty high, like 5-8 secs. (or even more!) and it got a bigger spread (and maybe more shells and longer duration). Maybe drop in FOG (withoug giving LOS).

Flavoured example:
The axis has garrisoned Tanteville village with mgs, atgs, mortars etc. The allies drops a art. in middle of the village, which axis see and get the option to either 'soak it up' hoping to be lucky or withdraw from that sector. When the barrage is over, both axis and allies are going to make a dash for the village, making it a "meeting engament" in that local area. Art. is used as a stalement-breaker.

And if the axis choose to stay, the allies may press forward in cover of the art. making it hard/risky for axis to reinforce while allies risks some too. I don't know anything about coding, but in the 'eye-of-the-storm' there should be higher risk, but shells can land far from center.

I'm not going in to cost etc. Just giving my idea. Art. can be used defensivly too, but it's tricky to lure the enemy and match the incoming art. Wink Hence, art. will be more random, but get more strategic uses. That will say, art. in itself don't give a win, but combined with your forces it does, like pinning doesn't win by itself, it helps your troops dealing the damage. It can also be used to "lock sectors", like a flank sector, negating it from the presence from both sides (due to longer duration), which in itself is a viable strategic option like trying to surround and back-cap.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:03:46 am by Talas » Logged

You could realistically replace all the infantry with different colored gummy bears and the tanks with My Little Ponies and have the same game.

I would like to see that MOD! Cheesy
Raio Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 04:25:53 am »

so the things wont change?
 axis stomped voting ? Smiley)
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 01:39:23 pm »

I feel that a majority of off-maps should have longer drop-time, and drop more shells, but be more dispersed, and take an overall longer time to completely drop. As it is now, almost all available arty is like a Precision Strike, coming down way too fast and accurate.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 02:16:00 pm »

I say that art. should be used to breach. That will say, I would like to see that the time before drop is pretty high, like 5-8 secs. (or even more!) and it got a bigger spread (and maybe more shells and longer duration). Maybe drop in FOG (withoug giving LOS).

Flavoured example:
The axis has garrisoned Tanteville village with mgs, atgs, mortars etc. The allies drops a art. in middle of the village, which axis see and get the option to either 'soak it up' hoping to be lucky or withdraw from that sector. When the barrage is over, both axis and allies are going to make a dash for the village, making it a "meeting engament" in that local area. Art. is used as a stalement-breaker.

And if the axis choose to stay, the allies may press forward in cover of the art. making it hard/risky for axis to reinforce while allies risks some too. I don't know anything about coding, but in the 'eye-of-the-storm' there should be higher risk, but shells can land far from center.

I'm not going in to cost etc. Just giving my idea. Art. can be used defensivly too, but it's tricky to lure the enemy and match the incoming art. Wink Hence, art. will be more random, but get more strategic uses. That will say, art. in itself don't give a win, but combined with your forces it does, like pinning doesn't win by itself, it helps your troops dealing the damage. It can also be used to "lock sectors", like a flank sector, negating it from the presence from both sides (due to longer duration), which in itself is a viable strategic option like trying to surround and back-cap.

My idea for some of the offmaps was something like this. Perhaps implementation with the war map would be best for it, though.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc