Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:19:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State of this mod....  (Read 31574 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »

I laugh at the group zeal .. why does everyone complain about it. 1 doctrine out of 12 gets it, you think its group zeal causing blobbing?   Normal zeal is 10 times more useful due to the restriction on group zeal.  (and then as well, you give up sector arty, flammen assaults, or the hummel barrage to get group zael.. im actually running a SE without it because i wanted the others more.. its NOT a no brainer after playing with it last war)

where are you going to address passive buffs effecting all units on the field?  Do you not think that M1 carbines or Raid Assault effectively cause blobbing of those units in more ways then even group zeal could?  I would say yes.

Even when the game had absolutely NO doctrines in it, guess what happened? ... people still blobbed.

also the PE faction with or without group zeal, play in the means that they NEED higher % of troops to extend through teh game play.  No reliable MG means no reliable suppression means need to win through superior firepower, yet they don't get ANY buffs to their infantries damage out put, unless you are specialized troops in luft.

Blobbing is not a result of current game situation, it is a result of the base game we have modded.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:27:37 pm by salan » Logged

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 03:30:16 pm »

• If possible remove the ability to manually target enemies when more than one unit is selected*.

that'd be really nice counter to blobs not gonna lie... dnice would have no clue what to do!!  Cheesy

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »

i wonder if its possible, probably is through scar...
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 03:55:32 pm »

heres my solution: offmaps will kill much less enemies, and instead they blow buildings and defensive structures/blockages. ofcourse offmaps wont be totally useless against units.

and doctrine buffs: they work fully for your 1st units, but when you start oversupplying, the buffs dissapear!

and all the problems are fixed!
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 03:57:59 pm »

• If possible remove the ability to manually target enemies when more than one unit is selected*.

that'd be really nice counter to blobs not gonna lie... dnice would have no clue what to do!!  Cheesy

You could likely just hotkey the individual units and pull it off still, just might take a 1/2 second longer.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:03 pm »

i wonder if its possible, probably is through scar...
Couldn't you just Tab through the units and order them to fire individually?

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »

Blobbing = Most force in one place

Guess what, that is the objective of an attack, put the most localized force in place at the weakest point of the enemy line and breakthrough, then exploit.

We aren't fighting a Civil War period line battle.

SaintPauli Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 04:49:53 pm »

I laugh at the group zeal .. why does everyone complain about it.

It’s not that bad. I just don’t see any reason to encourage blobbing.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 04:59:06 pm »

Blobbing is best with units that deal accurate and vicious alphas, like 3-4 rr squads firing off volleys at max range and then backing off. Blobbing stuff that doesnt have a get out of trouble button or a impressive (accurate, penetration or damage) alpha just sets you up for AoE and supression. If you can just get supression the blob can be annihliated or retreated with smart play or offmaps.

The problem arises if group zeal or cohesion or similar stuff makes blob immune to supression as well as reducing their AoE damage taken. Then blobs feel overpowering or hard to counter.

Btw LMG G43 squads supress/pin now at medium/short range with slow, for you PE lovahs out there. Too bad only luftwaffe which already has the only other half-decent supression tool PE gets.

With the dramatic increase in british offmaps and airborne doctrine becoming the new monster choice for everyone, things are gonna get nasty for PE in terms of supressing inf blobs. I look in my gypsy ball and see fortress europe becoming popular for the 42~ range wirbelwind.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 05:05:34 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 07:31:54 pm »

Give PE a new nondoctrinal Unit:
Heavy Machine Gun Infantry Squad!

And things will be fine  Smiley

aka UckY  Wink
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »

The problem still comes with fire up etc. I dont have specific solutions to it, because it is an important game feature, but...
it gives a player with 4 ABrrs etc the ability to act like a total fuckin idiot in terms of micro/play skill. Why seperate the units to avoid suppresion when you just press the magic button. It isnt anything except lazy play being incientivized by fire up. How about, yeah you get fire up and can instantly get unpinned etc, but you take more more inc acc. I mean you are standing up and running in a field of machine gun fire.( i know game > reality). I want to see better play. get a squad pinned and flank w another.combo.combined.arms. tactics etc etc USA USA USA rabble rabble.

The other problem is PE, as they have shit for suppresion. I play mostly PE(also all other facitons) and infantry is usually the problem. You have a vehicle based army that is very succeptible to manpack at, and at in gereral. That hurts your ability to counter infanty the way every single other faction can, vehicles. Therefore you are forced to duke it out with the other factions inf on inf and face it, yours isnt the best. To win that engagement you need smart play AND numbers, which leads to the PE blob, but it still isnt a true blob as it doesnt have manpack + inf killing/survivability and fire up. One MG still stops it cold.

Those are the 2 problems facing EiRRalphabetacharlie, and minorly the reliance on offmaps to counter everything.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 08:41:11 pm »

Also a minor issue with pe i came accross:
The Marder costs 380MP 120Fuel, which is the same MP as any ATGun.
Why is that so? (considering that the atgun can be remannend endlessly until something actually destroys the atgun)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 08:47:08 pm »

PE Scout Car (the normal one) should be turned into an HMG when locked down in a sector.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 08:48:17 pm »

PE Scout Car (the normal one) should be turned into an HMG when locked down in a sector.

This would help nothing as RR would still "instagib" it.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 08:51:02 pm »

Hey Mgallan,

Thanks for the input!

We'll be parsing through all the data you guys collect about bugs and OP abilities / units.

The main thing we'd like to do, is offer the same *max* uses for arty, but reduce the capacity to do it all the time.
Even that may be reduced tbh.

In regards to the Doctrines, we're just implementing them - on paper they looked fairly balanced, but on implementation a lot of things have been missed.

So, thats where the next phase 007, will head.
Balance issues + some accessability tweaks.

[Edit: Posted to correct OP ugh...]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:57:32 am by EIRRMod » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 12:45:10 am »

Hey Myst,

Huh, did I even post in this thread? :S

Skaevola Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 12:47:07 am »

Troll somewhere else.

Das~
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:06:44 am by DasNoob » Logged
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 01:27:18 am »

Why is that so? (considering that the atgun can be remannend endlessly until something actually destroys the atgun)

I used to think the manpower cost was expensive...

Now I acknowledge the Marder's power. It's good in narrow corridors...doesn't die easily to mortars and wont be overrun as easily by infantry. It costs as much as an AT gun because....it IS an AT Gun, only mounted.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 01:56:34 am »

Hey Myst,

Huh, did I even post in this thread? :S
Bwahahaaha sorry man.
BigDick
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 02:09:43 am »

exactly that is the same i was often thinking when i considered the downs and ups for 2/3 or even 3/4 marders in my battalion screen

1. thats an OMG feature and eir shouldnt copy something that is not necessary
2. wouldnt help anything because PE need something non vehicle based supression that get not killed by AT guns, RRs, zooks...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:21:46 am by BigDick » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc