Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 01:26:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Reduction  (Read 11733 times)
petewinny23 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 06:53:46 am »

I can c why people get frustrated with this gimmick companys because you have know way of knowing until you actually c it in game after youve picked ytour company.

Since all the devs ever do is try and fix balance with changing fuel, mun or pop cap why dont they implement something else in the launcher. Say something that reads how many light vehicles, inf squads, e.t.c were lost in the last played game and if it was over a certain number punishes the commander by lowering his mun,fuel & man total for the next game so they cant simply just spam a certain unit over and over each game they play.

aka if they spam 9 t17 and lose 6-7 in an engagement next time they play there fuel, man or mun is dropped so they possibly can only field 5 next game but for only one game. Might deter this behaviour if there are greater consequences. I mean if a real war was on and u were suffering high casualties I doubt command would continue jsut giving u light vehicles to squander.

I dunno maybe not..but i jsut dont c changing prices of things or avilability fixing it .....

anyways spamming is a gamble anyway and good luck to anyone who tries it. theyll get known for it and a counter will be worked out.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 07:43:23 am »

I've personally witnessed a dual LMG squad of mine kill an unskirted M8 in 4 seconds at long range, back in old EiR.

Yeah, it's not even worth to consider how crappy an M8 is without skirts... T17 was a simmilar story, getting killed in two shots by ununoctium's grandma, until it got the skirts.

IMO, there is no problem at all with light vehicle spam. To quote AmPm himself a patch or two back : use an ostwind.

FYI ostwind can't penetrate the british staghound from the front, and the panzerfaust doesn't do much damage to a T17 as compared to a regular.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 10:50:41 am »

@ ob4: T17 can take about 5-7 pak shots with armor doctrine buffs. At vet 1, they either get a health boost or a reduced taken damage; making them far superior to their unvetted counterpart. So, with 10% less damage taken from T1 doctrines, + vet 1 which is either a health boost or reduced damage boost, they can pretty much take on about 5-7 pak shots depending on criticals. I use them a lot, trust me Tongue

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 03:20:25 pm »

The light vehicle problem is not something that can be dealt with on a massive scale. Each one has strengths and weaknesses which must be looked at separately.

The T17's only real problem at the moment is the sandbag, which was originally only possible by vetting up in a deathmatch and hard to do in one game. It's also an arguably overpowered buff anyway, I mean doubling anythings HP changes balance enormously. However, the problem remains that it can be purchased for mun, so virtually every T17 on the field now can survive 3 AT shots (excluding all the misses) and then scurry away to repair and do it all over again. It fires twice as fast as an ostwind, which is another reason it's not meant to always have the health buff.

Do you have any idea of how useless m8s or T17s are without sandbags/skirts?

Hey! Now you understand the PE Armored Car! However, there's a reason Relic designed the T17 to require vetting up before getting them. It's a huge reward for something that's hard to do. If the Puma killed infantry twice as fast as an ostwind as well, there would be just as much howling to "nerf the Puma." As it stands, the Puma is far from it.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 03:23:25 pm »

the PE armored car has more HP than either the vanilla T17 or M8, actually...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc