Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 11:29:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine idea.  (Read 7076 times)
Hicks359
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:51:13 pm »

No, that isnt bad Engrish saying an idea by me. Although it is.

It's an idea about mines at the moment, or infact, any other item/explosive etc that is placed down, be it mines or Triages or demolitions and what not.

Instead of having Mines as a per unit upgrade... Why not buy mines seperately from your unit into a pool? This would allow any of your Engineers/Pioneers in the field to place them down, without restricting a player in that he MUST buy a certain amount of Engies/Pios to field an amount of Mines.

An example. A player buys 4 uses of mines in thier pool. They have 2 Engineers. The player goes to place thier mines, but a stray mortar round happens, normally resulting in the loss of the squad and thier mines.

However, with my idea, you can bring on the other squad, and still have access to your mine pool. The same thing can be applied to Triage's, bunkers, or perhaps even used for British emplacements, removing the need for the individual crews and have them built by *Shock horror* Sappers (Though i havent the faintest how Vet would work with that - If it could)

I think it would be a neat idea, that would also help with the whole US gets 2 mines per Engineer and Wher get 1 mine per Pioneer.

Just a little idea that you can mull over, pick apart, or throw a few sticks at.

PS. Hard caps for mines/Goliaths/Bunkers/Triages could be introduced if things get too silly with it - If it's an issue.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:53:33 pm »

Possibly a good idea, but I am not sure how it would work. It would allow for VERY gimmicky defensive starts of 2 pioneers putting down 20 mines, and it would still allow room for error if the game turned out to be reinforcements or defensive - you could have several other 1 pio callins to start placing the mines.

Hicks359
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:58:09 pm »

This is true, however, the mines will still cost munitions to buy.

As well as this, a hard cap on the amount of mines purchasable could be implemented as well, in two different ways which i see.

First, a pure cap, say a max of 8-12 mine uses in a company.

Or, a context sensitive cap - Each Engineer allows for 2-3 purchases of mines, or goliaths, or, or... Etc.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »

Possibly a good idea, but I am not sure how it would work. It would allow for VERY gimmicky defensive starts of 2 pioneers putting down 20 mines, and it would still allow room for error if the game turned out to be reinforcements or defensive - you could have several other 1 pio callins to start placing the mines.

If that gimmick was a problem there could just be a cap based on the number of pios in the company, since no one would buy 20 pio squads just to have the cap room.

I love the idea. However, it may become tempting to do the same with all mun weapons.

EDIT: Hicks and I replied at the same time! I guess there's agreement...

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 03:04:14 pm »

Good idea.

Also, limiting the pool to the actual number of pio/eng bought is a good idea.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Hicks359
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »

Woop!

Do i get a cookie? xD

By the way, finding a way to show how many equipment uses (Because theres more than just mines...) you have remaining, i wouldnt have a clue on how to go about without throwing something extra into the HuD ingame.

Or maybe have it show on the mouse over when you attempt to click on the mine to use it?

Yeah, i'm brain storming. >.<
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:53:02 pm »

Great idea!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 03:59:32 pm »

this really helps those that need mines but dont buy them on all engies.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 04:05:22 pm »

How much efforrt would it take to get this in?

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 04:07:00 pm »

It already works that way with axis bunkers, so it should be doable for mines and goliaths aswell!

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »

Just to let the original poster know, it currently works like that for triage.  Say if you have 5 engineers and the first one buys triage.  You bring him out in the opening call in and he dies, any of the remaining 4 engineers when called onto the field can build it also.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Hicks359
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 04:22:13 pm »

In which case... Shouldnt it be *Relatively* simple coding wise to make this work for other deployable equipment then?

Perhaps a few touch ups to make it look more done up and simpler to use, but in essence you know what i mean.

(I say relatively, meaning, the code to do what i'm on about exists in one form or another due to the nature of Triage's at the moment - But then again, i'm no coder, i'm a player and a tester per se)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 04:23:30 pm »

Just to let the original poster know, it currently works like that for triage.  Say if you have 5 engineers and the first one   buys triage.  You bring him out in the opening call in and he dies, any of the remaining 4 engineers when called onto the field can build it also.

That is a bug...but it seems that nobody ever cared about it, it was also in the old EIR in fact Tongue .

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 04:28:51 pm »

wait... does this mena one engi can lay all of 6 mines... could be evry easy to put up a whole minefield when the enemy isnt looking. or a single pio in a halftrack behind enemy lines while the flamerpios are in combat.
Hicks359
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 04:31:40 pm »

Theoretically, yes, you could.

However, providing you had enough munitions you could do that in VCoH anyhow.

As well as that, it could add a new swing to things, instead of tripping on one mine here or there, or having to field an army of Engineers, you could have "Proper" minefields without a gimmick force.

That, and minesweepers could actually become important again with a fresh abundance of mines.

Hell, we might even see Crab Flails used for clearing mines - Imagine that.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:04 pm »

wait... does this mena one engi can lay all of 6 mines... could be evry easy to put up a whole minefield when the enemy isnt looking. or a single pio in a halftrack behind enemy lines while the flamerpios are in combat.

This isn't a bad thing.  Not anyworse then say Blobbing Airbourne, only both sides can pull it off.

EDIT: Its makes buying mines mor efficiant too, because you don't need to spam Engineers/Pio's or Munihalftracks to us them.
Jazlizard Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:16 pm »

It also makes it a little less painful when you lose your engi/pio who have mines on them as any engi/pio can build em.

This might result in mines being more expensive, but I support the change overall.

Quote from: Phil
The MOD is over. The war is over. We're too lazy to restart it. You can all go fuck pickles mom, I hear she's easy.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 04:45:25 pm »

Just to let the original poster know, it currently works like that for triage.  Say if you have 5 engineers and the first one   buys triage.  You bring him out in the opening call in and he dies, any of the remaining 4 engineers when called onto the field can build it also.

That is a bug...but it seems that nobody ever cared about it, it was also in the old EIR in fact Tongue .

what if:
original engi build triage
triage gets destroyed
new engi comes onfield

does the new engi get a triage?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 04:49:45 pm »

no.
Hicks359
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 04:58:54 pm »

No, it wouldnt, as you'd have used up your purchased Triage from your "Equipment pool".
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc