Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:27:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you win?  (Read 4663 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: October 03, 2009, 02:49:03 pm »

Okay, I see we have intensity and progress etc. but no territory count, how does either side win? Get the arrow all the way to one side? Would be nice if we had a territory count like we used to have, or a count of which maps/sectors were won by what side because this is just going on a long time and i see no winner in sight. It pretty much stays on ME and reinforcements with no one attacking (or wanting to atk tbh) so...uh yeah, you said wars wouldn't last as long, maybe 2-3 weeks but i think it's been about what,4 weeks? (7c released aug 30th) and there's no end in sight.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:54:02 pm »

When the EIR gods decide to end it?

GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 03:02:18 pm »

DUUUUUUUUURP IDK MAYBE GET SOME CHEESEBURGERS AND WAIT IT OUT SOME MORE DURRRRRRRRRRRR

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 03:30:45 pm »

Do you always have to be an ass glacko, really? Dude, look at the numbers, it fluctuates back n forth, there's no foreseeable end to this war.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 03:50:00 pm »

"Captain, we appear to have achieved balance"
"Finally! after 2 years of stabilization we are free!"
"Captain, there are reports coming in that some of the crew are unhappy about it"
"WTF !@$#^!%@! DAMN FRAAAAKKKING Hypocrites!
"Captain, calm down please. we could just throw them overboard."
"No no.... It's my job to keep my crew happy. If only someone would help me find a solution. I hate whinging crews."
"I'm here for you captain"
"Don't touch me there Sulu..."
"...sorry, Captain."

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 05:10:36 pm »

Dude, look at the numbers, it fluctuates back n forth, there's no foreseeable end to this war.

Maybe EiRmod's main goal with this mod, for all this time, has really been just to make one single extended social commentary about the futility of war? Shocked

You just blew my mind.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 06:07:20 pm »

Do you always have to be an ass glacko, really?
Dude, that's so my next sig.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 09:11:32 pm »

Okay, I see we have intensity and progress etc. but no territory count, how does either side win? Get the arrow all the way to one side? Would be nice if we had a territory count like we used to have, or a count of which maps/sectors were won by what side because this is just going on a long time and i see no winner in sight. It pretty much stays on ME and reinforcements with no one attacking (or wanting to atk tbh) so...uh yeah, you said wars wouldn't last as long, maybe 2-3 weeks but i think it's been about what,4 weeks? (7c released aug 30th) and there's no end in sight.
No end for you my friend Wink

Wars atm are indeed pointless, but that wont always be so.

When we implement the *ACTUAL* warmap, it will be two staged:
Stage one - Sectors
These sectors will be fought over, much in the same way as the map list, however, they will exchange hands quicker, and can be fortified - making taking them back slower.

Stage two - the MEAT
The sectors will then be split out into their mini-games, lasting ~1-2 days to fight over.  People in those sectors will be able to control the units turn from war-map turn (~3 hours).
When the Sector is captured, the players get to choose the next map to attack into - ala risk.

The warmap will provide its own rewards (objectives giving unique units) and an end game (final objectives) while also giving something else to do between games (if thats your thing).

And there will be cake.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:20:42 pm »

Chocolate Ripple Cake?

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 09:49:52 pm »

And there will be cake.
OMG NO WAY
Chubba Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 09:56:16 pm »

Stage two - the MEAT
two - the MEAT
the MEAT

Oh yeah, loves me some the MEAT.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 11:59:43 pm »

No end for you my friend Wink

Wars atm are indeed pointless, but that wont always be so.

When we implement the *ACTUAL* warmap, it will be two staged:
Stage one - Sectors
These sectors will be fought over, much in the same way as the map list, however, they will exchange hands quicker, and can be fortified - making taking them back slower.

Stage two - the MEAT
The sectors will then be split out into their mini-games, lasting ~1-2 days to fight over.  People in those sectors will be able to control the units turn from war-map turn (~3 hours).
When the Sector is captured, the players get to choose the next map to attack into - ala risk.

The warmap will provide its own rewards (objectives giving unique units) and an end game (final objectives) while also giving something else to do between games (if thats your thing).

And there will be cake.

okay great, so it's all not finished, good to know. I shall wait then.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 12:01:44 am »

okay great, so it's all not finished, good to know. I shall wait then.
Hell, we're not even out of Beta yet.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 08:55:18 am »

And there will be cake.

Is the cake implemented already?

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 09:01:19 am »

And there will be cake.

Is the cake implemented already?
Or has it been implemented already?HMMMMMM
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 09:07:33 am »

i hope it's yellow cake, because chocolate ripple will stack too heavy with some allied doctrines, so it will make the ripples OP, although PE will help boost the frosting potential though.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 09:34:29 am »

Cake has been implemented twice.
The first time it was implemented... Well, you remember when I broke the server? Yeah, I ate it then.

The second time it was implemented I accidentaly the universe, and god had to reset to last known good configuration.

Just wait till the cake is balanced - it'll be in once it's ready.

sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 09:42:03 am »

The Cake is a Lie.

(contributing to off-topicness since...whenever)
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 10:04:02 am »

Pretty sure Salan sat on the Cake..
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 01:01:13 pm »

Pretty sure Salan sat on the Cake..

No, Salan released a patch for the cake and the cake was supposed to be chocolate but it with sprinkles but it came out chocolate with stawberries, even though the strawberries were good, it was considered OP so he released another patch that added the sprinkles but turned the chocolate into vanilla, which was still good but not as good as chocolate but since he was working on a pineapple pound cake, he considered the vanilla good enough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc