Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:43:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: arty range?  (Read 5151 times)
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 16, 2009, 06:19:44 am »

deos anyone know the range of arty pieces in EIR?

like 105, 25, priest and hummel?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 06:55:29 am »

Priest sits in spawn and fires every 4(?) minutes its creeping barrage that almost covers up entire map.

Hummel has to move to a close range to fire its normal barrage. With 1 Tier 3 it can sit in spawn and BBQ.

105 build it somewhere. Its ready and boom every 4 mins. Gets a V1, Firestorm, Precision Strike(Not dangerous), RA or something alike if axis get sight on it.

Calliope can just purr around and fire its barrage whenever it feels like it.

Nebel crawls around the map and fires it barrage before it dies to a sudden rush of a stag/ab. Usually gets offmapped too. Has decent range.

Stuka zu Fuss must come to danger zone in order to fire its barrage but its mobility takes it to safety unless it gets stuck in a ditch.

Did that help? :p

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 07:01:53 am »

He just asked for the range..and the only question he made is still not answered. Tongue

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:27:29 am »

He just asked for the range..and the only question he made is still not answered. Tongue

I answered on them theoretically not with numbers xD
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:37:08 am »

NigtRain I like your very objective, unbiased style of writing...

Roll Eyes
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:54:35 am »

NigtRain I like your very objective, unbiased style of writing...

Roll Eyes

But even you can admit that it is so true in the end.

Back to the topic

250 (max) range for 105mm accordin to CoH Stats

Unless someone touched it with a tool of some sort
For the others no idea

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 08:46:09 am »

Straight from the RGDs :

US
105mm Howitzer : 275 Metres
Calliope : 150 metres

CW
25 pdr : 145 Metres
25 pdr Supercharge : 250 Metres.
Priest : 175 Metres
Priest Supercharge : 250 Metres.
AVRE : 35 Metres (thought you'd be interested).
Creeping Barrage (oh goodie) : 300 Metres

PE
Hummel : 200
Hummel Incendiary : 325
Hotchkiss Stuka : 120

WM
Nebelwerfer : 150 Metres
Stuka : 120 Metres

Anything else?

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:20:44 pm »

yea take your pants of myst

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 03:54:17 am »

thx just wanted to see wat the ranges of all arty was...

was just finding it annoying how far up i had to bring my hummel on some maps just to get in range of enemy arty etc.

oh yer and thx night rain that gave me abit of insight on the idea and also my frustration on the fact that allied arty is harder to get to as axis as it can sit far behind the lines...and unless ur falls(if ur willing to waste them) or can offmap it.

but at te same time it deos make it even on the fact of superior german armour vs superior allied arty...makes it even i guess.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:58:04 am by panzerman » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 07:52:41 am »

was just finding it annoying how far up i had to bring my hummel on some maps just to get in range of enemy arty etc.

oh yer and thx night rain that gave me abit of insight on the idea and also my frustration on the fact that allied arty is harder to get to as axis as it can sit far behind the lines...and unless ur falls(if ur willing to waste them) or can offmap it.

but at te same time it deos make it even on the fact of superior german armour vs superior allied arty...makes it even i guess.

You on crack mate? Allied arty ain't superior, I prefer each side artillery each have their negative and positive effects! Nebel can instakill squads in buildings and Stukas can do their fun jobs and are fast and mobile, until they get stuck in a ditch that is...

With 1 Tier 3 Hummel can do the exact same what RCA does. Sit the arty in spawn! I <3 Hummels and Priests. I wish I could run 3 Hummel company...but I can't as PE costs too much fuel to have that AT on the field...

Self-Propelled Artillery, its worth the resources- always
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 08:35:15 am »

I personaly much prefer the hummel T3 incendiary barrage to creeping barrage.
Don't like that sector? Make noone like it for the next 2 minutes or so with a HUMMEL!!!!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:16 am »

Don't like that sector? Make noone like it for the next 2 minutes or so with a HUMMEL!!!!

Agreed too <3 Creeping Kills where BBQ just...BBQs everything and locks the sector down
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 12:09:52 pm »

Agreed too <3 Creeping Kills where BBQ just...BBQs everything and locks the sector down

Nightrainy, you're the BBQPitBoy! I knew it!  Wink

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 12:18:18 pm »

You on crack mate? Allied arty ain't superior, I prefer each side artillery each have their negative and positive effects! Nebel can instakill squads in buildings and Stukas can do their fun jobs and are fast and mobile, until they get stuck in a ditch that is...

I have to agreewith Nightrain, axis artillery is way, way more superior to Allied artillery.  Instant building clearing nebs, mass area instant suppression for Axis (in addition to suppressing stugs, suppresing MG42s), and lastly the burning death of PE that locks an entire sector for 2 minutes and burns super fast and very few allies units can hide from it due to lack of cloak.  Ever play a game against 3 hummels with that fire ability?  Did it once on tanteville, they locked the entire front line, sat Panthers and P4s in the fire and it was impossible to flank or assault them due to the protection it gives and area it denies.   I say allied artillery really needs to fire more often to compete with these nasty special abilities... I want to instant clear buildings too from stray shots from non-doctrine artillery.. oh right... allied mortar is outranged and outgunned by everything Axis has.. right....  Undecided

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 01:33:17 pm »

I have to agreewith Nightrain, axis artillery is way, way more superior to Allied artillery.  Instant building clearing nebs, mass area instant suppression for Axis (in addition to suppressing stugs, suppresing MG42s), and lastly the burning death of PE that locks an entire sector for 2 minutes and burns super fast and very few allies units can hide from it due to lack of cloak.  Ever play a game against 3 hummels with that fire ability?  Did it once on tanteville, they locked the entire front line, sat Panthers and P4s in the fire and it was impossible to flank or assault them due to the protection it gives and area it denies.   I say allied artillery really needs to fire more often to compete with these nasty special abilities... I want to instant clear buildings too from stray shots from non-doctrine artillery.. oh right... allied mortar is outranged and outgunned by everything Axis has.. right....  Undecided

Now you are on crack mate, must be very Speedy stuff ya sniffed too!

Nebels only instakill troops if they crit it and as well hits it. Hummel Flamebarrage can be nasty but having hummels as PE kills your Anti tank abilities as well with your anti infantry.

Vet 1 Allied Mortar is superior to Axis mortar (it gets range boost) it outguns Axis mortar in both damage and rate of fire so I don't see a huge problem there.

StuGs are out of the question, this is arty only.

My PE account is not BBQPitboy or am I not him. BBQ is a term of Barbeque I bet Lai knows that =P

Having 3 Hummels is 30 pop cap in a 3vs3 or 4vs4 it is possible that someone does that, but not in a 2vs2...I don't say Axis artillery is superior, I say it is good, but I like Allied Priests more. They just...they just send their prayers to axis troops. May the better end face the support weapons and StatsMeanshits vet 3 nebelwerfer who got annihialated today! Not to speak about his infantry and mortars. Amen
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »

Now you are on crack mate, must be very Speedy stuff ya sniffed too!

Nebels only instakill troops if they crit it and as well hits it. Hummel Flamebarrage can be nasty but having hummels as PE kills your Anti tank abilities as well with your anti infantry.

Vet 1 Allied Mortar is superior to Axis mortar (it gets range boost) it outguns Axis mortar in both damage and rate of fire so I don't see a huge problem there.

StuGs are out of the question, this is arty only.

My PE account is not BBQPitboy or am I not him. BBQ is a term of Barbeque I bet Lai knows that =P

Having 3 Hummels is 30 pop cap in a 3vs3 or 4vs4 it is possible that someone does that, but not in a 2vs2...I don't say Axis artillery is superior, I say it is good, but I like Allied Priests more. They just...they just send their prayers to axis troops. May the better end face the support weapons and StatsMeanshits vet 3 nebelwerfer who got annihialated today! Not to speak about his infantry and mortars. Amen

Allied mortar does NOT get range buff, it only gets range buff at vet 3, it was deemed too powerful for vet 1 and I've already asked for this to be checked and I believe Bobsmith confirmed it is indeed vet 3, so allies mortar still sucks at vet 1-2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc