Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 12, 2024, 12:18:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's the Grind Factor these days?  (Read 10499 times)
Silver1Wolf2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:44 am »

But I've seen enough hard asses pulling out the casual remark when referring to noobs. The fact is that grind should only get you access to special units, rewards to prove you're a dedicated player which may just be a regular unit with a reskin or a new model (likely the former due to the massive amount of work needed for the latter) or at most a new unit (for each side) which isn't overall more powerful than other units in its class but plays differently... the moment you have grind you invite elitism from the players and I've given up on enough MMOs for that reason.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 08:06:49 am »

It's hard to know where to stand on a topic like this.

On one hand, why should the mod cater to a handfull of people who "might" play 3 times a month.

On the other, we need the player base, and i dont feel we should alienate anyone.

Simple fact is that this mod revolves around the work you put into your company. Leveling the playing field does nothing but make EIR, vCoH with some SCAR coding.

I dont understand how everyone is so busy? I got 16 credits of college english classes to grind though and a girlfriend that needs attention, but after 5ish, im on and am capable of getting anywhere from 1-4 games a day. I just read all the shit i have to read between games, and if i absolutely need to, I stop.

20 games are nothing. Id rather we attract the players willing to put the work in than to try and appease someone who will not stick with the mod.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 09:24:39 am »

you cant argue with my point Silver. The fact is you just flamed me without evidence why Casuals should be catered for. and, with thanks to Killer for highlighting that, good man. Threatened of leaving EIR against my opinion which has no power over EIRR management so making me look like the bad guy here, trying to get people will disregard it without ANY evidence to prove your point.. what point?

*enter my evidence here*
The moment you have some sort of grind, is the moment you get people stuck into the game.  I shall not need to name any games for that. If its all unlocked in 5 games whats the point in building your company, how can you gain nostalgia over your men when its all complete in 5 games, *Enter evidence of the decline of the players when doctrines were unlocked*
now considering your point. if you get 20games in 3 months than statistics show that no matter what changes happen in EIR, nothing will help you win against dedicated players.
*/end*

*Entering personal attack here* it just seems like your jealous of the people that have time to play, i wouldnt put that on you, but there are some crazy people out there */end*

*enter bias opinion here*
without bringing groundfire into this he brang up a good point i highlighted earlier, trying to level the playing field will just make it feel like Vcoh. frankly i dont want that, i dont play Vcoh. Vcoh is boring, there is no rewards for playing, its just the same thing over and over and over again. Its why after all these months i still play EIR. */end*

and im with that on Groundfire, i have my last year of schooling, i get loads of time to get out with mates (to much time i think i should be studying more haha), i have time to contribute to EIR for all the good times they have given me, i have a girlfriend, i have a household that i live in. i dont hug a computer 24/7, hey i dont know anyone that does, if im on my computer im either chatting to my mates, or get a game in EIR if my mates are online.

How can EIR cater for you Silver, seriously. let me give you some examples.

Scenario 1: No buffs. none. you recieve New units when you level up maximum 5 games. Do you think you can beat me,(THROWING RANDOM NAMES HERE GUYS!) you think you can beat Elitegren, how bout Lionel, or Brn4meplz or Ambramelin. Thats right, you cant. they have far more experience then you. What you should do in this scenario is play with other casuals who have the same experience.

Scenario 2: That ol starting of with a t4-t5 w/e. Not much grind compared to current system. Do you still think you can beat those players i just named if its all on a even field. No? thats right. What you should do in this scenario is play with other casuals who have the same experience.

Scenario 3: 5 game grind up suggestion. Same thing as i said before, do you still think you can beat those same people, or should you just play with Casuals.

Do you see the pattern here. play with other casuals who have the same experience.

That fact of the matter is, Casuals will not beat dedicated players. No matter what different idea is put in place, it still boils down to experience that casuals do not posses against Dedicated players.

Another theory scenario
if you tell me you dont play against Dedicated players, and you play with people like you, casual gamers, why would a system change help you. your just be playing against low level, lower experience players like you self, thats an even field right there.

Now what casuals try to do is even the playing field with Dedicated players, and you guys have a whole lot of trouble with that dont you, considering most of the playerbase are dedicated players, if it wasnt this problem wouldnt have risen in the first place.

*Enter my opinion here* so if casual gamers voices are heard, EIRR will be stripped from all the shiny new toys that people can unlock, and it will turn into Vcoh. Dedicated playerbase gone for having nothing to work for, Casual gamers have no one to play. Mod dead.

FYI i say Casual gamers and not noobs because i have Respect for Human beings. Its just a few casuals who think that a system change will work in there favour.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
LCII^Bun-Bun Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:48 pm »

Scenario 1: No buffs. none. you recieve New units when you level up maximum 5 games. Do you think you can beat me,(THROWING RANDOM NAMES HERE GUYS!) you think you can beat Elitegren, how bout Lionel, or Brn4meplz or Ambramelin. Thats right, you cant. they have far more experience then you. What you should do in this scenario is play with other casuals who have the same experience.

Scenario 2: That ol starting of with a t4-t5 w/e. Not much grind compared to current system. Do you still think you can beat those players i just named if its all on a even field. No? thats right. What you should do in this scenario is play with other casuals who have the same experience.

Scenario 3: 5 game grind up suggestion. Same thing as i said before, do you still think you can beat those same people, or should you just play with Casuals.

Do you see the pattern here. play with other casuals who have the same experience.

That fact of the matter is, Casuals will not beat dedicated players. No matter what different idea is put in place, it still boils down to experience that casuals do not posses against Dedicated players.

Another theory scenario
if you tell me you dont play against Dedicated players, and you play with people like you, casual gamers, why would a system change help you. your just be playing against low level, lower experience players like you self, thats an even field right there.

FYI i say Casual gamers and not noobs because i have Respect for Human beings. Its just a few casuals who think that a system change will work in there favour.

right, nice one, though I might want to add, that even while some people are hardcore regulars, they can still suck (or at least not be as good as others) *cough me cough*.

But yeah, the problem is in vCoH you have way more regular players, while here about 75% of the active player base is hardcore players, so that means if you are a "regular" who can't play very often you quickly feel "outbuffed" even though it is mostly superiour tactics.

Point is, Demon is making a good... point... >.>

The whole idea about EiR is that you play for a goal, not just for a win, here it is get your company as badass as possible with doct buffs en veternacy which help your playstyle...

though you don't NEED doct buffs or stuff to win. I know that before the reset I played 2 v 2's and etc while I was a low level and we beat high levels guy. I also had times where I had a high level and got my ass kicked by new guys (and or smurfs...)

Oh...
SMURFS!? Isn't the whole thing about smurfs that they are so strong even though they have little to no vet and no docterine buffs? Ah right... they used SUPERIOUS TACTICS, that's it... they have good experience and know what they are doing. That is what you get for playing more. You *usually* get better.

Docterine and vet buffs have little to nothing to do with it.

Might not be MY Doctirine, but it's so damn close I'll TAKE IT!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc