Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR Vidcast 5 *Battle for Bocage*  (Read 11602 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: February 10, 2010, 12:16:00 am »

Live, deep from the center of a hollowed out volcano, on a remote pacific island, this... Is the GBC sports center, bringing you the latest in Europe In Ruins in shoutcast and vidcasts.

Today, we have a live battle report from somewhere in the Bocage, France.

I am your host Groundfire

Lets take a look....

Part 1

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Groundfire/videos/1/

Part 2

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Groundfire/videos/2/

There's the viddler links.

If a mod can come by and embbed the videos into this thread, or the front page, that would be great b/c i dont know how to do it myself. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:36:58 am by Unkn0wn » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:32:44 am »

can you post the battle files and such? that way we can watch it through the coh replay and get a better view of what's going on Wink

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 07:10:46 am »

Just started watching. Wth with the teams? Smoker, greny and skaffy vs Wittman/Fallensoldier/MrConnery.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 07:15:15 am »

Pretty even game, lots of mistakes from the axis that probably evened it out Tongue

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:52:43 am »

The sound is a bit off sync (?) with the video.

Good cast though!

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:56:12 am »

Hopefully killer can post this on the frontpage for you!

Great shoutcast!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:36:15 am »

Good cast though!

if it is, then it's only by a half second or so. Waddaya want from me? it was my first vidcast. Tongue
(we did yell alot that stuff was dead before it was actually dead. like when it had a gun destroyed, you might be confused)

Here's the replay and audio, but i put alot of work making the vidcast entertaining to watch. (comments, music) IMO, just get a viddler account and download the cast for better quality.
http://www.filefront.com/15548727/Shoutcast%205.zip
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:04 am »

Will watch later, but..

Sad, we could have used it for the next news post lol, oh well, I'll see what we can do with it.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:31:54 am »

btw, nice groundy and demon. good commentary where you point out errors, tictac analysis and fun stuff. good balance between fun and educational value.

You could potentially work on the groundy and demon comedy duo part.

I was actually starting to worry that you'd take a hiatus but this was reassuring.
BigDick
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 11:02:59 am »

my aussie year was to long ago i had definitely issues handling the aussie accent  Tongue

otherwise great cast and good that allies had thrown away the game resulting in a very close and good mod advertisement match

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 11:50:39 am »

btw, nice groundy and demon. good commentary where you point out errors, tictac analysis and fun stuff. good balance between fun and educational value.

You could potentially work on the groundy and demon comedy duo part.

I was actually starting to worry that you'd take a hiatus but this was reassuring.

That was mainly due to me waiting around for gren for 5 days and him not being on. So that prompted me to learn how to make the video myself.

But anyways I NEED REPLAYS!!

send decent ones to me via PM if you would like to get it Vidcasted.

Also, i tried to make the vidcasts condusive to having them snipped apart as examples of popular strategies. (RRs+smoke, 4 HT rush)
So if anyone would like to make those seperate strategy videos, feel free to use parts of my videos if that's possible.
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »

Nice work Groundy, nice work Smiley I'm looking forward to see more shoutcasts from you!

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:53:29 pm »

Good cast though!

Here's the replay and audio, but i put alot of work making the vidcast entertaining to watch. (comments, music) IMO, just get a viddler account and download the cast for better quality.

ok i rather just DL it then, thanks. and i watched it last night, i enjoyed the comments you had such as "the hogwarts cloaking blanket" and "lol rocketfight" this is probably the best coh shoutcast ive watched since stumpster and salans shoutcasts. it was a great game, down to the last guys, and you and demon make a good pair.

"Aussie ==> English Translation: Tank destroyers don't kill shit in buildings." <sigged haahha.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 01:20:20 pm »

Good cast though!

ok i rather just DL it then, thanks. and i watched it last night, i enjoyed the comments you had such as "the hogwarts cloaking blanket" and "lol rocketfight" this is probably the best coh shoutcast ive watched since stumpster and salans shoutcasts. it was a great game, down to the last guys, and you and demon make a good pair.

"Aussie ==> English Translation: Tank destroyers don't kill shit in buildings." <sigged haahha.

he he he he i didnt even notice me dragging that sentance out  Cheesy

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 01:22:55 pm »

Before you press play at the 5 second mark, you could go through all the players involved to check out their call-in (cores). Discuss what they have, see how it fits compared to their teammates call-ins, aswell as comparing it to the enemy initial call-ins. From there you could tell the viewer what is most likely going to happen in the first minutes of the game.

Doing this will give a much better overview before the battle begins and will make it a lot easier to understand what exactly is going on in EIR. It will also give you a better idea of what to look out for during the replay.
Cause if you are new you just see a bunch of units rushing eachother, fighting and dying without really knowing whats going on. A short note on which areas/buildings on the map are important to hold/take would also make it a lot better to understand what the players are fighting for.
This is how I experienced the first vidcasts I watched from EIR not long ago. Even now I would still like to see these things discussed before the chaos is unleashed.

Overall this will give a good overview/idea of what will happen, what the players need to do etc. as opposed to discussing what everyone has while the fighting has already begun At that time you want to discuss how the initial call-ins work out and talk about tactical decisions being made, how they could have done it better and especially emphasise on the things that the players do good.
Also on a side note, when players make an error, be aware that its not always intentional. I often seen other SCs where they say this or that is a bad move while disregarding the fact that somewhere else is being microed or other things are going on like bugs or map pathing issues.

I enjoyed watching the SC/VC. I posted this as a idea/tip of how I would do it, not to hate or anything, dont get me wrong.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:29:28 pm »

Before you press play at the 5 second mark, you could go through all the players involved to check out their call-in (cores). Discuss what they have, see how it fits compared to their teammates call-ins, aswell as comparing it to the enemy initial call-ins. From there you could tell the viewer what is most likely going to happen in the first minutes of the game.

Doing this will give a much better overview before the battle begins and will make it a lot easier to understand what exactly is going on in EIR. It will also give you a better idea of what to look out for during the replay.
Cause if you are new you just see a bunch of units rushing eachother, fighting and dying without really knowing whats going on. A short note on which areas/buildings on the map are important to hold/take would also make it a lot better to understand what the players are fighting for.
This is how I experienced the first vidcasts I watched from EIR not long ago. Even now I would still like to see these things discussed before the chaos is unleashed.

Overall this will give a good overview/idea of what will happen, what the players need to do etc. as opposed to discussing what everyone has while the fighting has already begun At that time you want to discuss how the initial call-ins work out and talk about tactical decisions being made, how they could have done it better and especially emphasise on the things that the players do good.
Also on a side note, when players make an error, be aware that its not always intentional. I often seen other SCs where they say this or that is a bad move while disregarding the fact that somewhere else is being microed or other things are going on like bugs or map pathing issues.

I enjoyed watching the SC/VC. I posted this as a idea/tip of how I would do it, not to hate or anything, dont get me wrong.

In a 3vs3+ game, unless someone starts with an interesting start or it's reinforcements mode, atk/defend, id prefer not to list off every unit that is in their cores, mainly because there's no reason to list off non interesting cores that are gonna die in 10 seconds.

This is especially bad for small/large player maps like bocage which turns into a meat grinder 10 seconds in, where cores disapear in seconds, with no noticeable impact on the game.

If it's a reinforcements mode game, then hell yes ill compare cores. In a 3vs3 ME, it's meh, b/c everyone has brought out something to counter the enemy. All bases are being covered, and there's no risk in bringing an experimental core cause your buddy can cover your butt. Therefore, i think it just wastes audio space talking about it.

The opening moments of a game are far from predictable in ME, so id rather not try to predict unless it's obvious of what's going to happen. IF things begin to develop into a situation worth commentating on, I will deviate from the "this unit is shooting at that unit" stuff.

Also, those comments pointing out errors are solely for entertainment purposes to bring some spice to the vidcast.

Tbh, this was just a bad game for strat analysis on a team level so i more focused on individual strat analysis, but i assure you it wont always be this way. Bocage is just a meat grinder, which limits tactical diversity untill the game is well underway
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 03:43:25 pm »

If your core dies within 10 seconds then thats not good play imo.  Btw I was mainly talking in general, not specificly about this vidcast. Anyway, we have different opinions.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:23:30 pm »

Well i was exaggerating, but I hope you get my drift.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 01:40:44 am »

skaffa, you are so new, but so wise! i enjoy it.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 02:18:27 am »

MKay I'm going to need MOAR of these!

Also, what is the band in the beginning?

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc