Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:56:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keeping vetted units alive?  (Read 13501 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 10:08:44 am »

Elite infantry arguably have a higher survival rate than tanks.
It's much easier to escape from a dangerous situation with an infantry squad (click retreat) than with a tank (you have to micro it back to spawn).
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:11 am »

Same here, I find infantry so much easier to vet up than tanks.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 12:01:14 pm »

I find infantry the easiest to vet, as well as the 'beefy' tanks.

There's more room for 'error' when you have a squad of say 6 elite infantry and it gets raped and 4-5 guys die, you can save the whole squad by getting that last man out. Consequently, a tank (being a big single unit) is a bit less forgiving should it really get bum-raped by serious AT counters before you can even react, with exceptions being given to chunk units like Panther-class tanks and up (due to reliable deflecting armor) or just for sheer high HP and armor like Shermans (as opposed to an M10 which you sneeze at and explodes).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 09:10:16 pm »

I think the worst scenario is:
No repairs and immobilzied for a vetted tank.
The only way to save it is to win I guess.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 12:46:18 am »

umm some units can survive more than other. its going to be hard to keep a vet 3 mg alive than a vet 3 tiger or panther. Vet doesnt solve stupid but for certain units vet 3 is must. my storms gain extra damage and health, my shermans better penetration and damage. Keeping them alive is the same way you got em to vet 3. Just know when to bring em out and when to pull em out. It all as common sense as it was when u first started vetting them. treated them no different.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 01:01:58 am »

i think all ur heavies esp tiger need vet 3 to really have the full potential cause at least then they start bouncing at guns...

shermans vet 3 are just plain awesome i hate them cause the kill everything up to a panther with ease.
but really only get vet on units that u know need it to make then so much better.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 01:24:12 am »

i wish there was a way that tanks could receive a lower incoming penetration but that would require a lot of coding lol.

the only way to change that is a change in armor type once u get to say vet 3. so like say a panzer at vet 3 would get stug armor, i think something like that would be pretty cool

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LCII^Bun-Bun Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 03:17:19 am »

... Tym... it already HAS THAT....

look at the panther at vet 3(?) should have 0,8 penetration.

Might not be MY Doctirine, but it's so damn close I'll TAKE IT!
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:32 am »

You're allowed to retreat your vet units a little bit earlier than unvetted units because their extra stats help them do more in less time, so there's not as much need to squeeze that "extra little bit" out of your 5% health panther.

Also yes as Smokaz said it's good to mix vet levels. All vet 3 all the time will result in SOME of the units being in danger of dying from the necessary tasks of distracting machineguns, et c.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Lutefisk Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 06:43:05 am »

I always loose my vet due to people hunting them down all the way to spawn  Sad

Tine: "I can't help my penis obsession"
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 06:56:46 am »

Well how i do it is, i have my own tab for vet units which i use for let's say "dangerous hard missions". Strong units must be used in tough sitoations.
So if a vet 3 pershing comes i would call in my vet 3 panther e.t.c.

When they are done with their purpose either retreat them/units or fix them/armor.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
DEATHSANCHEZ Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 06:43:00 am »

I Usually try to keep them as a support, or defense if an enemy is making a push. If you want to use them to advance shield them behind other infantry/tanks. This way they are still doing there job but they are not as much of a target.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 07:46:52 am »

I don't generally care for Vet, I like trying to get the job done, and sometimes, that involves sacrificing a Volk squad or two Smiley
True, Its not a good way to play the game because it means once or twice I might be vet feeding, But hey, If it helps myself out/the team out, its only a couple fathers the Fatherland will be losing Grin
The only Vet I bother about trying to save are ones that won't exactly be in position of fighting 1onX. Like Officers, Mortar Squads and anything that will hang at the back out of the way, Easier to save since just need to move if you see something coming and flank whats coming Tongue

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc