Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:54:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medic Bunker too expensive?  (Read 13158 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 11:49:51 am »

I of course haven't seen or used it myself, being a high tier unlock but why would you ever waste a medkit in a triage situation?

And if anything, I hope it is not being argued that its price needs to come down?  You know what a field medical station means? You don't need as many med kits which means more weapons on the field for your infantry/upgrades on tanks/more support teams... that's why the price of Triage and Wehr bunekr is so high is because of such usefulness. Can you imagine if Triage cost like no muni?

Btw Two, is there a cooldown to wehr medkits between uses? I'm not super familiar with that and can't recall while I'm not at home.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

We get it

its like strong version of a triage with Hitler Jugend medics trying to heal wounded grenadiers for an expensive rate. I only understand grenadiers as they have 20 mun kits. All the others have 15 with exception of 25 for KCH if I'm sure (if we play as def we don't get Storms). So its the same idea in a bunker..I think it would be more useful if it costed 125 (same as triage + 5 mun extra which is normal bunker's cost) pretty much similar to MG bunker being 55 munition and american one 50.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 12:27:04 pm »

Ooh, I know.

Let's make the the medic bunker cost
Number of Grens in company x 15 mun.
That way, you'll be paying less per grenadier than you would if you were buying medikits, so it's still worth it!
If you use volks, pios, officers, paks, 88s, etc. you pay Number of Those things x 10 mun
Still worth it!

And we'll be done with this retarded theorycrafting of 6-9 medikits.

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »

No way in hell the Med bunker's worth it.
Why would I reach Level 7 and use a Tier 3 Unlock just to get it, dedicate 5 pop & 110MP/140Mu just to build the thing, have to create and defend the position, and have to pull troops back to it constantly and heal slowly when I could could buy a medkit for 1/10th the price and suffer none of these drawbacks? Especially when Allies get better healing stations for cheaper.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:09 pm »

It's very tough, its a free heal you can use to supplement your forces and thus save on 'medkits' for using in the middle of a fight.  Cost is neglible since that's pretty much what US infantry has to pay for it (engineer and the cost of buying it).  It also takes up same pop as when Allies do it (the actual building is 3).

Also, not all allies get cheaper healing, airborne have it as a T3 I believe, British have it as a cool down that must be built from a tommy callin, US infantry has to buy it as a T1... and pretty much that's their only source of healing.  There are two sources for wehr (squad and building AOE heal) and that itself is powerful in what it can bring to allied armies with that medic bunker (for like PE or other wehr factions) and save those valuable med kits for combat use (I don't know how many times I wish I had med kits on rangers or riflemen or ATGs).
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 09:25:23 pm »

Wehr infantry have higher hp/man than American infantry.  They survive with more men after battles, and thus healing is of greater utility to wehr as compared to Americans.

You know that makes little to no sense? Right? Basicly, they should have a higher healrate if there should be a difference, why? Because allied troops have 5 or 6 man squads with reasonably HP, so basicly, if all of them get damaged, they will all heal, not only do they heal faster than the axis healing counterparts, they also have less to heal, for example, lets say you have riflemen:

6 man squad, total of 330 hp. (all of em 55 hp)
grenadier, 4 man squad, total of 320 HP (all of em 80 hp)

lets say theoreticly, with the riflemen, they get 30 damage each.

30*6=180
180 / 4 = 45 damage per axis unit.
now lets say that the allied heals 10 per min and the axis 5 (I know it ain't the correct healing data, but I recall the axis being twice as slow).

Basicly, the riflemen will be back in combat within 3 min, while the grenadiers will take 9 min.

Of course, I also understand your argument that with higher survivability the axis are better off in general, but taking proper care of your troops can keep you higher squads with more units alive, even as allied players.

That's not how it works at all.

6 man rifles take a shot from a P4, loses two guys, rest take a bit of splash, they go heal with 4 guys left.

KCH or fatherland defense grens take a shot from a sherman, loses no one, they go heal with a full squad left.

"Taking proper care" of your units does not stop your rangers/riflemen from dying to one tank shot.   However, many axis infantry can survive a tank shot and then go heal.   That alone is a huge difference.

Solution is basically what I'm asking.

It is known that it is 5 to get either triage or medbunk up. However wehr has 3 pop tied on healing and Allies only 2 after engiener units are dead or retreated.

Now how to come up with a solution? As Med bunker is garrisonable and can not be destroyed by small arms fire but it needs ATG/Mortar/Artillery/FOO or something similar. hell satchels and otherwise. One shreck price boom.

Is it WORTH 3 pop and 140 munition with a slow rate of healing?

Hell yes it's worth the cost.   Wehr infantry is so ridiculously tough they get much more utility out of healing than American infantry.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:28:13 pm by gamesguy2 » Logged
MonthlyMayhem Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 10:46:29 pm »

Dude the med bunker is probably better then all the other healing platforms. Triage can die easily to small arms fire 120 muni 2-3 for building, airborne medic team, also a tier 3 180/100 4 pop, die pretty much easily to anything. Only advantage is they can move. The medic bunker is fine the way it is, just because the rate of heal isn't that good, you need either tanks, at gun or handheld at to kill it.

Don't change anything, its fine the way it is.

aka Maysauze/MrGamenWatch
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 10:50:51 pm »

What's funny is it's obvious that no one in this thread has used the medic bunker yet, or they'd know of an unintended feature.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 12:32:19 am »

What's funny is it's obvious that no one in this thread has used the medic bunker yet, or they'd know of an unintended feature.
It has the medic guys running around, collecting dead volks and building stugs with them?
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 12:49:25 am »

6 man rifles take a shot from a P4, loses two guys, rest take a bit of splash, they go heal with 4 guys left.

KCH or fatherland defense grens take a shot from a sherman, loses no one, they go heal with a full squad left.

"Taking proper care" of your units does not stop your rangers/riflemen from dying to one tank shot.   However, many axis infantry can survive a tank shot and then go heal.   That alone is a huge difference.

Dude, its still 4 men left as soon as wher or PE losses 1 guy fire power is almost halved, and pnz dont shoot 2 dudes i 1 shot unless u bunchem together, then its just your own bad playing.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 01:11:20 am »

I'm concerned about the fact that:

it is a Tier 3
costs 140 Munition
and 3 pop to stay on field and it HEALS slower than Triage.

It dies nearly to similar things as triage. Mortar, arty, satchel, ATGs and Handheld AT weapons.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 01:17:38 am »

"Taking proper care" of your units does not stop your rangers/riflemen from dying to one tank shot.   However, many axis infantry can survive a tank shot and then go heal.   That alone is a huge difference.

Dude, its still 4 men left as soon as wher or PE losses 1 guy fire power is almost halved, and pnz dont shoot 2 dudes i 1 shot unless u bunchem together, then its just your own bad playing.

I think you need to re-do the math.

I'm concerned about the fact that:

it is a Tier 3
costs 140 Munition
and 3 pop to stay on field and it HEALS slower than Triage.

It dies nearly to similar things as triage. Mortar, arty, satchel, ATGs and Handheld AT weapons.

And?  Healing has more utility for wehr, that's why it's more expensive.

Airborne medic dies to a bike and heals even slower than the med bunker, plus they cost more pop.    Why?  Because airborne is ridiculously tough and get a ton of utility out of healing.

Riflemen not so much.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2010, 03:44:24 am »

No, its just my bad grammar, I meant as a rifle squad looses 2 guys u still have for left, comparied to PE or wher
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2010, 04:28:58 am »

"Taking proper care" of your units does not stop your rangers/riflemen from dying to one tank shot.   However, many axis infantry can survive a tank shot and then go heal.   That alone is a huge difference.

No, its just my bad grammar, I meant as a rifle squad looses 2 guys u still have for left, comparied to PE or wher

2/6= 1/3 fire power lost.  1/4= 1/4 firepower lost, not "almost half".

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here...
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2010, 04:39:40 am »

What im saying is firstly, 4 guys counter to 3 guys left equals 3 things, survival from sniper fire etc, recrewing ability and yet keeping the unit, fire power, their is still 4 guns vs 3 guns firing.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2010, 04:52:05 am »

What im saying is firstly, 4 guys counter to 3 guys left equals 3 things, survival from sniper fire etc, recrewing ability and yet keeping the unit, fire power, their is still 4 guns vs 3 guns firing.

Except the three guys have better guns that do more damage.

And you use grenadiers to recrew? Roll Eyes
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 08:42:17 pm »

Wehr has more use for healing, that's why they have Medkits. Why would I turn down ~10 Medkits (with three used each, that's really 30 Medkits), for such an inconvenient, slow healing building?
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2010, 08:46:17 pm »

Wehr has more use for healing, that's why they have Medkits. Why would I turn down ~10 Medkits (with three used each, that's really 30 Medkits), for such an inconvenient, slow healing building?

It heals your teammates, it heals your support weapons, it heals units you don't normally buy medkits on, etc.

You buy medkits on your recrew volks?
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2010, 08:57:13 pm »

There are ZERO people with medic bunkers in the game...

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:10 pm »

It heals your teammates, it heals your support weapons, it heals units you don't normally buy medkits on, etc.

You buy medkits on your recrew volks?
All my Wehr allies will have Medkits of their own, and PE players have less use for healing, and healing sources of their own.
It'd be totally impractical to pull an HMG/PaK back to the bunker to heal for several minutes at a time, Nebels shouldn't be getting hit at all, although maybe I could see it being use for a mortar.
Anything else doesn't need to heal in the first place. Recrew Volks are there to recrew, not get shot up and heal. Pioneers are there to stay back and build defenses, not get shot up and heal. MP40 Volks are virtually meant to die like flies, and Medkits allows them to heal in combat, which obviously cannot be said of the Med bunker.
Yes the Med bunker could be useful to some units, or in some occasions, but nowhere near enough to actually be worth taking.

Quote from: bbsmith
There are ZERO people with medic bunkers in the game...
And it's gonna stay like that until it becomes not-shit.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:13:20 pm by Illegal_Carrot » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc