Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:35:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small suggestions/ideas  (Read 4337 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: March 15, 2010, 04:11:41 pm »

I'll go directly to the topic:

Airborne and Commandos

When ever these units are bought and alone in the Doc list they drop in by parachute or by Glider with the additional timer. Is it possible to place a Half Track like icon next to them in launcher so that you can choose yourself will they drop in or walk from offmap. Of course adding another unit would make them walk but still...who'd want to call in Airborne+RR and Rifleman squad instead of 2x RR Airborne? That was just an example.

Tanks and their Range

I'm sometimes confused with the tank range, how huge it is as I can not see the range itself. So this idea would be there to improve micro especially with Anti tank units and with vehicles that utilize their Range over everything else IE: Panther, Tiger, Marder, G-bathtube etc. Like when you select the unit, you can see tiny dots around it to see its mainguns range. Pretty much similar type like ATGs have when you direct them to the direction you want them to aim at. You see the Arc of Fire and the range.

The idea is to give an Aura like when you click Officer Supervision you get the Aura lenght. Similar to all tanks to see their range. This would allow players to learn to use tanks from their full ranges. Especially M10s would be in love with this too along with Firefly. that kinda one

This would help new players and even older players to improve their micro to the fullest.

Tiny ideas/Suggestions only

UPDATED
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:47:03 pm by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:15:39 pm »

ooo I like the tank range idea.

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »

Being able to play with 'hax' accounts in 1vs1, strictly in 1v1's - meaning everything is unlocked for free, all units, all doctrines, you only have to select what you want - so you can test everything, try it out properly.

So for example, you host a 1vs1, you can select a new switch called something like 'Unlocked' same way you select 'RE, M, 2v2, 3v3' etc now, add another switch like that only available in 1vs1.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »

Dunno about that Skaffa, sounds kinda difficult and confusing at the same time...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:47:28 pm »

I like the range idea, its something i came up with b4, but it never got the backing

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 05:29:36 pm »

I like both of the suggestions from Night and the one from Skaffa, although I can see how that might be tough to implement...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
UnderHeavyFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 07:19:26 pm »

Airborne and Commandos
so that you can choose yourself will they drop in or walk from offmap.

Tanks and their Range
I'm sometimes confused with the tank range, how huge it is as I can not see the range itself. So this idea would be there to improve micro especially with Anti tank units and with vehicles that utilize their Range over everything else IE: Panther, Tiger, Marder, G-bathtube etc. Like when you select the unit, you can see tiny dots around it to see its mainguns range.

I've seen so many games fall to the way-side because of things getting dumbed down.  An easy game is no challenge, and without the challenge the playerbase gets bored and leaves. 

Obviously this is an over-statement on two small ideas, but once you head down this road, where do you stop?
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 07:58:13 pm »

Obviously this is an over-statement on two small ideas, but once you head down this road, where do you stop?

Once you walk out your front door, who's to say you wont end up just walking into the ocean?

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 08:01:22 pm »

Being able to play with 'hax' accounts in 1vs1, strictly in 1v1's - meaning everything is unlocked for free, all units, all doctrines, you only have to select what you want - so you can test everything, try it out properly.

So for example, you host a 1vs1, you can select a new switch called something like 'Unlocked' same way you select 'RE, M, 2v2, 3v3' etc now, add another switch like that only available in 1vs1.
I like this suggestion.

Like a training account of sorts.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »

sounds cool  Smiley

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »

Use attack move (hotkey a) to make your armor attack when they get just within max range.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:27:43 pm »

2skaffa
Great idea for testing a balance and just training!

Senseless and ruthless.
UnderHeavyFire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »

Once you walk out your front door, who's to say you wont end up just walking into the ocean?

The beach-guard if they put up a big, impassable fence.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 10:34:34 pm »

A proper way to train noobs other than stomping them without mercy until they 'get it'... nice...
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 06:24:51 am »

Yus that'd work I suppose.

Training account...with everything unlocked-

Who'd not want to use Normal accounts afterwards? Cheesy
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:19 am »

Note how he stated "strictly in 1v1s".
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 02:02:44 pm »

as a small idea
is it possible to allow tank crew retreat from the battle? for example i have a croco with heavely damaged engine (damn it, tellers!). It eat my pop, but it useless now and has vet, because of engine it can not reach evac point... Abondon a vechicle by a crew - tank blowing up and vet croco stay in my company like his crew succesfully retreats.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 02:22:45 pm »

as a small idea
is it possible to allow tank crew retreat from the battle? for example i have a croco with heavely damaged engine (damn it, tellers!). It eat my pop, but it useless now and has vet, because of engine it can not reach evac point... Abondon a vechicle by a crew - tank blowing up and vet croco stay in my company like his crew succesfully retreats.

will be implemented in 1 year I believe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc