Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:26:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knights Cross desperately need a buff/s  (Read 11128 times)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2010, 11:02:07 am »

Nobody said it would have a major effect in an actual game. But for example, if you put a cloaked sniper with 1%HP next to a riflemen/volk squad under fire by an HMG, there's a good chance it'll get killed due to scatter.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 11:04:03 am »

*A wave of besserwissers appear

To build upon what killer posted, try having a LMG squad shoot at one specific rifle squads out of two rifles standing next to each other. Keep a close eye on the other squad, sometimes it will take damage due to scatter AND the much underobserved AoE effect that some weapons have, its a type of blob modifer can remember the name.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 11:05:48 am »

Nobody said it would have a major effect in an actual game. But for example, if you put a cloaked sniper with 1%HP next to a riflemen/volk squad under fire by an HMG, there's a good chance it'll get killed due to scatter.

I have been a victim of this.

This was quite a while ago though, I rarely tend to use snipers these days due to the epic required micro on them compared to the potential of low gain. You also have to concentrate on other forces while doing this and... I canna' be arsed to do so in a casual game lawl.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 11:19:37 am »

Nobody said it would have a major effect in an actual game.

Mysthalin's ego would disagree :

Groundfire - short range accuracy is fairly irrelevant due to the fact bullets don't have much room to scatter at this range

*A wave of besserwissers appear

To build upon what killer posted, try having a LMG squad shoot at one specific rifle squads out of two rifles standing next to each other. Keep a close eye on the other squad, sometimes it will take damage due to scatter AND the much underobserved AoE effect that some weapons have, its a type of blob modifer can remember the name.

That's incremental accuracy - but its not AOE AFAIK.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 11:48:07 am »

Incremental accuracy just improves the accuracy of the weapon for every target in the search radius. More units=More accuracy=More damage.

the Bike and Jeep have negative incremental accuracy. The less units the more accurate, which is why they are great Sniper killers.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2010, 12:00:47 pm »

Masacree, going in for personal jabs such as "ego disagreement" is detrimental to discussion.
For proof of bullets scattering, please refer to the hetzer thread closed by killer.

Bullets do not have any AoE, yet they do have incremental accuracy. However - incremental accuracy does not lend to more bullets hitting entities in the other squad.

I've done the maths on scattering bullets anyway.

At 8 range (maximum short range for BAR) with a scatter angle of 10 degrees the maximum amount of drift from the intended target is 1.41 CoH Metres. The average angle, however, is 5 degrees.

The average height for a CoH man is likely 1.8 metres, with the shot's centre being the exact centre of his entity - meaning 0.9 metres up. The width is likely about 0.6 CoH metres, with 0.3 width available to be hit on either side.

So we're looking at a hit box about 1.08 CoH square metres in size drawn inside a bullet trajectory circle about 6.24 square CoH metres in size. The majority of the bullets will fall within the 5 degree angle scatter circle with the same centre(average scatter angle for a missed bullet), which is 1.52 CoH square metres in size.

So, we're looking at a 16 percent worse-case-scenario to hit with a bullet that's missed a roll, with the average scenario being a much more cheerful 71 percent.

Of course, by this I merely illustrated that missing will still happen if the KCH stay at the maximum short range of the BAR - which is 8 CoH metres. That is, however, somewhat unlikely, as the maximum short range for the StG44 is a mere 6 CoH metres.
Needless to say - moving in closer towards the enemy would only add them more chance to hit the enemy with bullets that originally roll a miss.

Naturally - it won't mean every single missed bullet at short range will hit, but it WILL INDEED have quite a major impact on the game.

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2010, 12:14:57 pm »

1 Paragraph concise and to the point >= 7 Paragraph full of fluff no one cares about.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:26 am »

Quite verbose papa Joe, but the game can't be calculating hit boxes for small arms, that's insane! I find it hard to believe that it's doing the physics for every bullet just like the tank shell hitbox calculations. I could be wrong...

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 12:16:39 am »

http://www.xfire.com/video/241f23/
http://www.xfire.com/video/241f10/

It definitely is there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc