Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:00:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Should all doctrines get some form of healing for their inf?
Yes - 20 (38.5%)
No - 12 (23.1%)
Malevolence is a failure - 20 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healing  (Read 7479 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 11:17:04 am »

^Medkits are 3 uses. They have a cooldown of like 1 minute and the Blitzkrieg T4 Battle Hardened puts them on unlimited uses.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 01:27:24 pm »

Imo medkits should be put back to unlimited uses. The triage doesn't heal units only twice either does it? Medpacks have enough negative-sides imo; activate later than you order them too and make it impossible to dodge grenades...
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 01:28:23 pm »

^ you also have to come off the frontline to heal with triage, and its also destroyable.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:48 pm »

You're not supposed to be able to keep a unit alive forever by healing.  This is especially troublesome with T4 buffed vet 3 elite infantry who can survive through hell and then go heal.

This is why most permenent healing like triage is fairly easilly destroyed and doctrine only.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »

All Allied Elite inf has high escape-ability, With either Fireup or Smoke.  Every time they want to get away they can.

Medkits are only used for the 1 unit... SO if the unit is sniped, or shot by a pershing and loses 2 guys, its a total loss, the triage can be used by
A: his own men and
B: his teamamtes,,, 

So a triage has some highly beneficial assets as well.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 07:47:37 pm »

All Allied Elite inf has high escape-ability, With either Fireup or Smoke.  Every time they want to get away they can.

Medkits are only used for the 1 unit... SO if the unit is sniped, or shot by a pershing and loses 2 guys, its a total loss, the triage can be used by
A: his own men and
B: his teamamtes,,, 

So a triage has some highly beneficial assets as well.

While true and they are uber, they cost a 150 munitions which means you only have like one or 2. And as stated before they are pretty easy to kill. also the units using it have to be really close together making it a perfect target for a Stuh or nebble

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:17 pm »

but its in the back, and over the course of a game with an Airborne player, its used extensively, alll the rangers have it. 

It would be like having every inf squad with a med kit.  Some get to use it, others do not.  Soooo If you were to stick another 25-30 Munitions on rangers or Airborne that would mean in 5-7 Squads just in your company alone, you have matched the cost of the triage. 

If another teammate such as a Airborne player or maybe an Armor player uses the triage, then its invaluable because already you have provided something to them they are NEVR able to get on their own.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:59 pm »

but its in the back, and over the course of a game with an Airborne player, its used extensively, alll the rangers have it. 

It would be like having every inf squad with a med kit.  Some get to use it, others do not.  Soooo If you were to stick another 25-30 Munitions on rangers or Airborne that would mean in 5-7 Squads just in your company alone, you have matched the cost of the triage. 

If another teammate such as a Airborne player or maybe an Armor player uses the triage, then its invaluable because already you have provided something to them they are NEVR able to get on their own.

just pointing out it has its weaknesses. thats all, and as to Airbourne they have flying doctors...
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 11:23:34 am »

You're not supposed to be able to keep a unit alive forever by healing.  This is especially troublesome with T4 buffed vet 3 elite infantry who can survive through hell and then go heal.

This is why most permenent healing like triage is fairly easilly destroyed and doctrine only.

If people are having that problem surely they are going about killing said infantry in the wrong way, either set a trap to kill them anyways, use a tank which can often insta giv guys and/ or buy a sniper or 4.

The chances of people managing to heal infantry more than twice seems really quite low unless the other team is horribly outmatched, at which point it seems unlikely to matter.

The discrepencies in healing at the moment are HUGE, infantry get the best healing, at T1, airborne and defensive get middle ground healing at t3, Luft get shit healing at t3 and SE get shit healing at t2. I just dont really see a patern that justifies this to me. I would have thought Infantry, having rangers, some of the toughest and easiest to escape with infantry in the game would have the weaker healing.  Then there is commando doctrine with a similar unit in the form of commando's, while this doctrine recieves no special healing, I guess this is deemed fine due to all british players recieving healing, but the that makes no sense to me either, panzer elite dont get healing from non doctrine sources, why do brits.

Then there is the Medkit, the most unique form of healing, advantage is it can be used anywhere ( handy in combat), however it costs munitions on each unit, so to buy for everyone it can end up costing a lot more than a triage, but also cant be destroyed like a triage can.

There are so many interactions and variables to consider I think the best option is to at least move towards a modicum of standardization, If triage like healing was OP on wher every time a luft player had a healing car in a game the axis team would win, I doubt this happens.

If a move towards standardization did occour I would recomend going for triage like healing rather than medkits, simply because all the factions already have some sort of triage like healing SOMEWHERE within it, either naturally or doctrinally, that entity could simply be ported into the regular company.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc