Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 03:12:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remove flank speed from command tanks  (Read 11535 times)
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:55:13 pm »

CCT crush is lame because you can wreck an entire Anti-Tank call in with it. Shreck grens = run over, pak guns = exposed and made awkward

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
BigDick
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 08:56:07 pm »

i use it more to get away and chase down or go around tanks than crush infantry.

wait a minute so you wanna tell that you "chase down" tanks with a tank without a gun?

thats what i would call a smart ass  Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:01 pm »

He straps C4 to the tank, haven't you ever played Battlefield 1942?  Wink

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »

CCT crush is lame because you can wreck an entire Anti-Tank call in with it. Shreck grens = run over, pak guns = exposed and made awkward

S**t happens deal with it. I don't see why this is an issue now when the CCT has always had crush ability plus flank speed since it was introduced in EIRR. I actully don't think the CCT has been altered in any way apart from the buffs ( slightly changed and can't stack) from VCOH.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

If there is a huge issue with CCT crushing people with flank speed, then maybe we should disable human crush when it has flank speed activated. Realistic? No, but I guess that can solve a pretty much unintended use for that unit since the extra speed is what tend to make it deadly lawn mower.

I don't think Human crush should be disable permanently as it bad if any large, boxy tank gets blocked by infantry.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:22 pm »

Actually that was my original thought as well, but the cromwell command tank is really, really good, I'm not sure if it should be this good tbh.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:55 pm »

S**t happens deal with it. I don't see why this is an issue now when the CCT has always had crush ability plus flank speed since it was introduced in EIRR. I actully don't think the CCT has been altered in any way apart from the buffs ( slightly changed and can't stack) from VCOH.

that's not shit happening that's someone purposefully running over your shit
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 09:35:20 pm »

dragon have you ever seen a CCT with double digit infantry kills? I have, lol.
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »

If anyone else goes on about how its a tank therefore it should be able to crush, its a realism argument. THEN THE FUCKING JEEP SHOULD BE ABLE TO CRUSH. have you been hit by a jeep? you probably didnt get up and walk away, I would guess.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 09:38:29 pm »

The thing is the cct is really cheap and low pop. In vcoh most infantry have schreks, but that's not viable in eir (decreasing schreck price would help a lot with these crush gripes IMO). The CCT's price clearly doesn't take into account its infantry killing ability.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 10:45:15 pm »

Removing crush from CCT might be the best solve to counter this problem, but it will simply be weird.

just like when you fixed m10 missfire, you didnt fix it completely coz that looked ridiculus.
with CCT it's the same. new eir players can't know the CCT has no human crush, but when they find out, they will not be happy.

if you instead only removes flank speed, it stops most of the CCT crushing, and noone will notice because the buy flank speed button simply misses in the launcher.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:55 pm »

I have tbh, I love using CCTs to crush infantry, especially considering its 2 pop, bring in 2 of these and any infantry will be crushed, all for 4 pop. It has to lose its human crush tbh, 2 pop for an officer/infantry smasher just isn't right. Tho, it'd be nice to be able to receive more XP from all kills in general so they can still be vetted up

Rawr
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:51 am »

CCT is a tank and people has pointed it out so many times. It has no way to defend itself, other than the little toy MG on.

It crushes fine with the 30 mun and I say it should stay as it is. If you kill that CCT thee Firefly is out of supervision. It has NO GUN, Don't try to destroy it with Handheld AT. Use tanks or other counters. You don't send a Schreck squad to fight a T17 out in the open- do you?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 12:09:06 am »

CCT is a tank and people has pointed it out so many times. It has no way to defend itself, other than the little toy MG on.

It crushes fine with the 30 mun and I say it should stay as it is. If you kill that CCT thee Firefly is out of supervision. It has NO GUN, Don't try to destroy it with Handheld AT. Use tanks or other counters. You don't send a Schreck squad to fight a T17 out in the open- do you?

Wouldn't be the first time i have seen someone try that. Then they start saying how op it is too

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
LCII^Bun-Bun Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 01:33:43 am »

The point is that countering the CCT usually takes WAY more imput (both tactical, micromanagement and recoursewise) than you get out of it!

The cost + pop of the CCT makes it an easily spammable vehicle which has the ability to own your infantry by crushing them.

Crushing is part of the game, but the flank speed is too much. Don't get me wrong, it's fine on a normal cromwell (which has 12 pop and a higher cost) but if you manage to even run over 1 officer, a schreck squad or whatsoever it's worth losing the tank, which is kind of broken when it has flank speed.

I either propose removing flank speed from the CCT all together or make it (like someone else suggested) unable to crush while in flank speed.

Might not be MY Doctirine, but it's so damn close I'll TAKE IT!
FanaticOpposition Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 01:39:40 am »

Name one tank that, in the real world, would'nt crush any person it ran over. Tanks should crush infantry. That is all.

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 01:49:27 am »

Balance > realism, and you will agree if you've ever faced a player who spams CCTs
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:38 am »

I think just removing flank speed will be the best sollution, really.

ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 03:17:32 am »

While I've had plenty of fun watching Gael make gren paste with a flank speed CCT, I am inclined to agree with the "remove crush while flank speeding" (or remove flank speed) side. Either that or make it very high pool cost so a company won't have more than 1-2 of them, so you can't spam them and actually want to keep them alive to buff the FFs.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:45 am »

This is a good idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc