Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114702 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2010, 07:02:44 pm »

I see that you are going a "Portofolio" design kind of, great for media and pictures!
I wish you luck on the design, it's a good start.

I wanted something different for hte index page.. cluttering it up wasn't ideal right off Wink
they'll have to load a lot of different pages off of there. we'll see what happens i guess?

anyone ready to play some games tonight?

sadly I have to work 12 hours.. meh  someone will be around though!  Just tell em you want to play!

I will upload the fixes i got done tomorrow, if you manage to get what you are doing to me for that ..

-88 airburst. secondhardpoint was auto targeting, this is bad, fixed!
-russian soldiers will gain smoke grenades
-russian kommissar squad will gain double lmgs in addition!
-russian bofors will share its unlock with the 17 pounder.
-russian 17pounder will move to where the bofors is.
-russians will gain a pantherturm where the 17 pounder (t4 guards)
-all factions gain a second t4 unlock in infantry tree's (conscripts for russians)
-wehr 88 has same % to hit infantry as all other anti tank guns now.
-fallschirmjager infantry tree is correctly showing the luftwaffe special infantry (riflegrenades/flamethrowers etc)
-fixed the guard to soldier command tree bug for russian infantry.
-added smoke grenades to russian soldiers, and some us_infantry specialty riflemen
-fixed emplacements to use the correct build time.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2010, 07:07:29 pm »

just a two more shots before I go to work, started working on the forums, but I need it uploaded before I can install, will look into having a hosting site worked out tomorrow!

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »

bugs:
-american infantry army:
us rifle officer squad u can buy at the hq tells u it increases LOS of squads around it. it doesnt work.
-i dont know whats the purpose of recon squads, but i compared the stormsquad with the recon storm and they both had the same LOS, only difference was the recon being cheaper while it had 3 mp44s and the normal storm just had 4 rifles.
-fall of france removes all the impass areas (orange impass area in the WB) it breaks all the maps.
-"fake" flower buildings around your HQ are not invincible
-if you lose your HQ you can still construct units with the other buildings(a destroyed HQ should suicide the other buildings so annihalation victory works too)
-mines stay visible after they explode

suggestion:
-russian kommissar squad will gain double lmgs in addition!
aint a kommissar squad ment to lead and not to fight? give them LT buffs or a global fireup ability instead of lmgs.
-all factions gain a second t4 unlock in infantry tree's (conscripts for russians)
do you mean you can buy another t4 or that you can buy 2 new units now from one t4? (i hope the last coz else spending all those points in your inf is crap and unrewarding)
-lower the population people have. adds more micro and less spamming.

dl link to fixed mcgecaens war and arnhem: http://www.filefront.com/17223634/mcgechaens&arnhem.zip
(note that arnhem is terribly broken atm because you can walk right in the river because of the impass area bug)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:48:59 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2010, 10:54:15 pm »

uh the only impass I was knowing about removing was the ones on teh HQ buildings.  I hadn't touched any others.

Hmmm i'll have to look at it a bit more.. odd.

recons, they should have 45 sight instead of 35 of the normal soldiers and the commanders use to give + sight but that was removed, will have to update the tooltips and look at that.

I think a complete rework of the first four factions will have to be done, Maybe I will rework them into being the armor divisions, and retool them to match what is currently there with the other factions.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #344 on: August 22, 2010, 08:20:44 am »

when i moved a stormtrooper recon squad to the place a normal stormtrooper was already standing the sight did not increase. so the recon storm didnt have more sight.

maybe that impass bug happens when you convert from sgb to sga. il check it.
edit: i just tested the sga in vcoh. the impass areas were not bugged. it must has something to do with FoF. maybe it is because you made the capture points passable?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:44:25 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2010, 01:55:09 pm »

Hello everybody, I'm coming back from a 3 week holiday ... Could you tell me how the mod progressed during this time ? In fact when I left the only factions were US, US infantry, PE and whermacht.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2010, 02:52:46 pm »

just block the area with another object?  I did make the resource points passable but that doesn't effect other items in the game.. can't walk through stone or houses.. hmm?
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2010, 02:53:23 pm »

Hello everybody, I'm coming back from a 3 week holiday ... Could you tell me how the mod progressed during this time ? In fact when I left the only factions were US, US infantry, PE and whermacht.

fallschirmjager and russian infantry are both fully in now as well, lots of tweaks.. I changed allies to have no menus going to do the others soon as well.

re-read this thread if you need to, lots has changed.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2010, 03:29:15 pm »

just block the area with another object?  I did make the resource points passable but that doesn't effect other items in the game.. can't walk through stone or houses.. hmm?

well yeah, i could do it differently. but that is ALOT of work and any other maps will be still be broken.

you should just find out what causes it because this does not happen in vcoh and not in EiR(just tested)
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2010, 08:05:06 pm »

I want to play.
Maybe we can still make FoF Chinese website.
But I don't know how to make a website.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2010, 10:36:05 pm »

well yeah, i could do it differently. but that is ALOT of work and any other maps will be still be broken.

you should just find out what causes it because this does not happen in vcoh and not in EiR(just tested)

uh, I really have no clue what the problem is, I thought it was to do with the bridge you edited in arnhem.  Personally from the sounds of it you made the bridge able to be walked throu, and then had a problem with the infantry entering the water.  This has nothing to do with fof game play as I only changed the resource points impass's nothing else.  I have no real clue what the issue is but will try to look into it.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #351 on: August 22, 2010, 10:38:36 pm »

I made a decision today to destroy the first 4 original factions in FOF, I am going to turn them into the new armored divisions for each faction type.  I don't think a overall encumpassing general faction for each is ideal with the way the news are shaping up.  This will limit units a lot more as well as the armored factions don't have as many to use, same as the us infantry / fallschirmjagers with their choices in armor really.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #352 on: August 22, 2010, 11:29:38 pm »

also i am reworking the commander's they will go back to adding +5 sight and +15 stealth detection in their aura's... as well as having the suppression break ability.

these two things will make infantry be more on par.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #353 on: August 23, 2010, 11:56:01 am »

uh, I really have no clue what the problem is, I thought it was to do with the bridge you edited in arnhem.  Personally from the sounds of it you made the bridge able to be walked throu, and then had a problem with the infantry entering the water.  This has nothing to do with fof game play as I only changed the resource points impass's nothing else.  I have no real clue what the issue is but will try to look into it.

the passable bridge is the reason why i used that impass editor. but lots of the map was already made impass with that editor. even if i didnt change the bridge the map would still be broken because for example you could drop AB on the river and get them trapped.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #354 on: August 23, 2010, 07:06:38 pm »

The first page has a huge change log that will be updated as a release pretty soon, been working insanely a lot the last few days but still managing to update this thing.

I am going to start changing the first 4 factions into the armored factions of their respected groups, this will cutt down on "having too many options" by a large large amount, and bring them into the balance of the expansion groups!

All weapons have had their target tables tuned.  All targets now have 10 priority, emplacements being built have 60.  The target you are currently targeting has a priority of 50... all weapons should stay on target the player wants.
-- Pure anti tank weapons have vehicles>tanks priority of 20.
-- anti infantry emplacements (flak36 / bofors) will have infantry priority of 20.
-4 original factions will be drastically changing!
-88 airburst. secondhardpoint was auto targeting, this is bad, fixed!
-russian soldiers will gain smoke grenades
-russian conscripts can now build their bofors and pantherturm correctly.
-russian bofors will share its unlock with the 17 pounder.
-russian 17pounder will move to where the bofors is.
-russians will gain a pantherturm where the 17 pounder (t4 guards)
-wehr 88 has same % to hit infantry as all other anti tank guns now.
-fallschirmjager infantry tree is correctly showing the luftwaffe special infantry (riflegrenades/flamethrowers etc)
-fixed the guard to soldier command tree bug for russian infantry.
-added smoke grenades to russian soldiers, and some us_infantry specialty riflemen
-fixed emplacements to use the correct build time.
-Wehrmacht assault puma can now carry any infantry.
-more abilities are usable from garison.. was a few missing.
-all commanders have a new aura system in place. All units in AoE will have +5 sight and +10 detection
-all commanders will have the AOE suppression break ability.
-Engineers removed from US INFANTRY
-Riflemen Thompson team removed from US INFANTRY
-Riflemen Captain team moved to where Thompson team had been
-Ranger Thompson team removed from US INFANTRY, replaced by Ranger Johnson team
-Ranger flamethrower team now has Thompsons with the flamethrower
-Ranger Bazooka team now has Thompsons with the Bazooka.
-US INFANTRY, all riflemen can now build the buildings of the faction, as per engineers removed.
-Fallschirmjager:  Luftwaffe mp3008 and LMG squads have been removed, Riflegrenade squad moved to t2, command squad created for t3.
-Russian troops now select by troop type: Conscripts/ Soldiers /Guards.. clicking one won't select them all.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #355 on: August 23, 2010, 07:52:44 pm »

You're killing all the thompsons!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #356 on: August 23, 2010, 08:26:46 pm »

naa, i just moved them to the other two squads ... but .. hmmm!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »

a bit last night and for a few hours today i have worked on this, and completely converted ALLIES into US Armor... the US now have the means to fight the super heavies and have their own super heavy to bring to the front against the germans!

started working on the british armor now..  the next updates going to be a big change!
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »

a bit last night and for a few hours today i have worked on this, and completely converted ALLIES into US Armor... the US now have the means to fight the super heavies and have their own super heavy to bring to the front against the germans!

started working on the british armor now..  the next updates going to be a big change!
I think you're missing.
You aren't on vent.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2010, 08:51:15 pm »

i have been working 16 hour days.. im just kinda ... hibernating until i get these factions done.

US armor is a bad ass mechanized force now with the new model for the super pershing Wink
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc