Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:36:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114832 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2010, 06:56:17 pm »

I'll be around later tonight, I'm going to see if i can update the current version with the buildingless play to test it.  If I can i'll put out the 2C patch that was never done  and then go back to finishing the new factions for the Remake.

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2010, 07:44:27 pm »

i'll play ya tonight, what time abouts...? Cheesy

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2010, 08:18:58 pm »

i'll play ya tonight, what time abouts...? Cheesy

Anytime is good, pm me in vent

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 08:12:09 am »

Anyone around at the moment that wants to play this mod?
if you do, I'm in Vent :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 09:03:25 am »

u still want to play? i do need to dl quick.

nvm
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:06:56 am by LeoPhone » Logged
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 10:41:10 am »

Confused of the doctrine layout.
Can you make a chart or something?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
salan2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2010, 11:05:52 am »

I will for the new version that I am working on, the version that is there now I will update once, soon just to remove the buildings and fix a few minor balance issues, but other then that, its all work on new stuff instead of work on the old stuff.

This is my work posting account, i dont' remember the password to my main account and its automatically logged in at home.. So.. I use this one when at work.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2010, 11:15:43 am »

Now that we have a self contained Launcher; there is next to no reason (beyond enabling you to have multiple Launcher accounts) to post with your second/third/forth/twenty-ninth forum accounts. Users are expected to use their main profile account when using our forums, using another name/account will from now one be considered smurfing on the forums.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2010, 11:25:49 am »

That's just so ironic lol.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 12:09:25 pm »

^^
FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 02:07:19 pm »

Fun game, got some tweaking to do but a good time. A guide to doc trees/units would be soo helpful

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2010, 02:08:24 pm »

Alright, my observations after playing a game or two of the Alpha FoF.

The accuracy buff given to all units?... It's extreme. ATG's can snipe infantry far too easily, and snipers rate of fire makes standard infantry all but redundant.

Infantry don't stand a chance against tanks either.

Actually, everything that I would say about infantry, would lead to me simply saying they are redundant while tanks or ATG's are in field. due to the accuracy allowing infantry to be sniped off, or half a squad at a time insta-gibbed.

Instant build times are also a bad idea. Even though it's for both sides, it results in 88's or 17's instantly locking down an area from nowhere, with a Flakvierling or Bofor's popping up right next to it.

Something I also brought up before, was Emplacement health... I'd say it needs to be halved atleast - Artillery fire did nothing to it, and concentrated tank fire took a long time to bring down one emplacement. This was a Flakvierling, and tbh, if it were an 88 or 17, then it would of been a total no-go zone.

Fun concept, just needs some balance adjustments for the next proper release ya do.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2010, 02:12:24 pm »

If this doesnt do any harm to eir installed or so i'll try aswell, answer plox Smiley

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2010, 02:12:40 pm »

salan,
the gamemode like the way you call in units etc is really cool.

but... why did you change unit stats? and why soo many new units like cromwells that are not cromwells but chuch norris in a cardboard box.
german medium armour has become useless (panther the most) with the brits having so much tanks that are just better than axis tanks.

also things like flakvierling emplacements are just horrible. and why cant u build sandbags, tanktraps or mines?
and as PE you start with a schwimwagen and a kettenkrad, but as wehr you cant even build a bike!

all of this gimmicky lolstuff might seem cool at the begin, but it just ruins the balance and the game experience in the end. keep the new units limited like in EIR.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »

If this doesnt do any harm to eir installed or so i'll try aswell, answer plox Smiley

No harm comes of EiRR or vCoH.

And Leophone, Salan never aimed FoF to be like vCoH or EiRR.

Balance changes I can deal with... But they need work and full tuning, not fine tuning.

Grenades on squads at the moment is something to look at... You can run a squad at another squad, throw a grenade, nuke half theirs, and retreat.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2010, 02:50:42 pm »

Aha, played this mod and i do belive a great future for it, i kind of see no point in the buildings as they cannot be damaged *ofc* but still its pretty wierd to have on the field if its just to call-in units.

Pretty easy to rape when you get to their base, just circle the hq and kill whatever comes out of it & the call in place.

MG's where really good/badass, i liked it!

Well yeah, doctrine is really wierd i dont get it all yet, as said a overview would do good.. mmhh.. Sniper with spotter, really classy idea and i dont look it to be that much nessesarly, i have never read or seen a spotter in ww2?

The actuall sniper uses more time to uncloak which solves lameness already but keeps the useless feeling. imo.

Are you going for realism btw, if no it seems kind of mixed.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2010, 02:55:57 pm »

This is the very early alpha that he made about a year back.

The buildings were a necessity at the time.

They'll be gone when he makes a release soon as far as i'm aware.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2010, 02:58:29 pm »

Well yeah, doctrine is really wierd i dont get it all yet, as said a overview would do good.. mmhh.. Sniper with spotter, really classy idea and i dont look it to be that much nessesarly, i have never read or seen a spotter in ww2?

All snipers worked in a team, often a spotter was a guard with smg, or a co-sniper. Allied and Axis snipers aren't as noted as Russian ones, and if you watch Enemy at the Gates, you will see how the main character always has backup.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2010, 03:29:33 pm »

Now that we have a self contained Launcher; there is next to no reason (beyond enabling you to have multiple Launcher accounts) to post with your second/third/forth/twenty-ninth forum accounts. Users are expected to use their main profile account when using our forums, using another name/account will from now one be considered smurfing on the forums.

I don't know the password to this account, so I use the salan2 one, which ironically has the same name as this one, when I'm at work, because I know that password Wink
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2010, 03:34:33 pm »

I never got to re-balancing the game.  I worked on it for september, and half of october.  I got the last faction in and promptly burnt out due to relationship woe's because of the time sink I put into it Wink

I was going to go through and fine tune the stats of the units and weapons and costs.  Which never happened.  This version was a work in progress that everyone was able to test and give feedback on.   the next 'expanded' version will hopefully have all the changes I learned about with this version Wink

also interestingly enough I found some italian infantry weapons for COH.. mmmm!

I know of a few units that i had noted down for stat changes and what not.  Infantry is cheap, you can mass use it through out the game, on the flip side, they die a lot easier.  BUT they are also deadly at removing what they need to when they need to do it unless they run into one of their direct counters, which ... happens Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc