Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:24:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] Scorched earth path choice  (Read 10611 times)
Hydro Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 27, 2010, 04:10:00 am »

I have no idea which path would be better.
Long range destruction would be ok, but half of abilities there doesn't work
Chemical fire tree is also great, but I haven't so much p4 and mht. It would be good for my flame grenades, which I have on nearly all squads.
Storm tactics, same about p4 and ac, but would boost my g43s and other pgrens.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:28:56 am »

I have no idea which path would be better.
Long range destruction would be ok, but half of abilities there doesn't work
Chemical fire tree is also great, but I haven't so much p4 and mht. It would be good for my flame grenades, which I have on nearly all squads.
Storm tactics, same about p4 and ac, but would boost my g43s and other pgrens.

There are basically 3 paths u can go with SE right now that can work.

First is to go Storm Tactics which is very akin to Carbines for US infantry doctrine.  The dps increase is incredible for your normal pgrens which allows u spam vanilla pgrens or pgrens with inc grenades with high effectiveness.  The tree also opens up mobile platforms which vastly increases the effectiveness of your ISTs and helps the accuracy of anything you carry in clown cars.  For synergy you can invest in saturation minefields for your munitions halftracks which will also buff the dps of your Storm Tactics pgren blobs.  This doctrinal combination probably makes you one of the most effective Axis anti-infantry doctrines.  The only problem is that the hummel is in turn useless without Incendiary Warheads because the normal barrage range is stupidly short, fires only 4 shots with horrible accuracy, and the hummel is exceedingly slow. Therefore if you are going storm tactics its probably best not to take the Hummel as your T3 unlock.

The 2nd path is to go Chemical fire.  Chemical fire makes the mortar ht inc warhead do crazy amounts of dmg in a large area and makes inc grenades very effective while also giving those grenades some anti-tank ability as they will damage tanks that sit in the fire.  Firecracker mines also are buffed and it is again a doctrine that might have synergy with saturation minefield.  The true gem of this tree could be argued to be Incendiary warheads which finally makes the Hummel a worthwhile arty piece by drastically increasing its range.  The inc barrage however is ineffective against tanks though the fire can damage some light vehicles.  The range and splash of the barrage makes it very effective in destroying ATG lines, infantry blobs, and stationary arty emplacements.  Basically you can counter-arty most howies and all emplacements with impunity though if the allies field enough arty there will be eventually too many targets to shoot at and fielding more than one hummel off a single scorch earth player is somewhat fail.  Inc warheads also gives ISTs a very useful inc shot ability.  This shot can be used to burn out ATGs, clear out houses, or harrass with hit and run attacks on stationary infantry.  Another great thing about this tree is explosive experts which gives all your infantry the ability to detect mines which can be overlooked and underrated.

The 3rd viable path is to go dual T3s, Mobile platforms and Inc warheads, and forgoe any T4s.  This doctrinal combination makes ISTs soft-target killing machines if used correctly and still gives the ability to field an effective Hummel.  This is another of Axis's most effective anti-infantry doctrines.

My personal build is dual T3s, T1 roadblocks, T2 Support Scout Car, T3 Assault Flammens, T3 Hummel.

Hope that helps.      
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:02:16 pm »

What do you have against long ranged destruction?

gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:11:34 pm »

Long range destruction is great.  I once killed a vet 3 AVRE 3 minutes into the game because it ran over one of my saturation minefields and I barraged it with my hummel.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:13 pm »

What do you have against long ranged destruction?

The same thing that 99 percent of the playerbase playing SE(that 1 excluded percent being gamesguy) has against it, since they're taking the other alternatives ;p.

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:16 pm »

I'm planning to get long-ranged destruction too, so I guess it's 1.5% of the player population now.
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 02:10:31 pm »

dont forget me  Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 02:21:48 pm »

Wonder how long you'll stick with it fallen, before you ask for it to be removed off your coy so you can go for Chemical Fire ;p.
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 02:28:29 pm »

i just feel that chemical fire is so noobie i mean its just to powerful
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's what the Brits thought about their rifles in relation to the Zulu shields and spears. It didn't stop them from using the rifles ;p.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 02:51:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's what the Brits thought about their rifles in relation to the Zulu shields and spears. It didn't stop them from using the rifles ;p.

everyone could have used gas attacks in WWII. but still they didnt.
CubanLynx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 02:58:16 pm »

Hitler didn't becuase the Brits had the largest stockpile of gas weapons, and the Brits didn't because they were just too awesome and could just beat them with spitfires.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 03:02:56 pm »

Hitler didn't becuase the Brits had the largest stockpile of gas weapons, and the Brits didn't because they were just too awesome and could just beat them with spitfires.

and that is the reason why cohcommando does not use chemical fire.
it is also the reason why i no longer play brits.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »

Oooooooo...I made a post like this earlier asking the same kind of questions but I hardly got a reply. Glad I got these replies though, really going to help me out later Cheesy
Biggest thing is going to be chosing what I want to go for. Quick question though, is the Incendary Shell for the IST free or is it an muntions upgrade?

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 06:06:09 pm »

it's free,and it rocks,you can kill atg-s,mg...very quick! not shabby if you want someone out of the house...
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 06:07:56 pm »

Whats it like on Open Ground? Is it only a small patch of ground?
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 06:12:27 pm »

I need to set something straight here. German gas technology was decades ahead of everyone else. While every other nation would have still been using caustic/inhalation agents the Germans had nerve agents. That stuff even gets on your skin and your dead.

You need a full body suit for Nerve agents, the British only had gas masks. the Germans didn't deploy gas weapons because they assumed(incorrectly) that everyone had the same kinds of weapons they did

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »

Brn4me, Not to sound arrogant or crazy, But wouldn't you use the stuff anyway? It might be a bit humane for me to say this, but umm, its kind of a war, You're not really fighting by the rules, specially in a world war where you own country is at stake.
Or did the Germans assume that if they started to use Gas weapons that we would start using them as well (and if your story is true about assuming we had nerve gas, that's the last thing they wanted?)...
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 06:30:27 pm »

not to mention that the germans actually wanted to have a "reich".
with alive people in it etc. that can work and dont go on massive protest.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 06:32:05 pm »

not to mention that the germans actually wanted to have a "reich".
with alive people in it etc. that can work and dont go on massive protest.
Touché...

Edit:- To stop a double Post...Long range Destruction, It increases Mine "Accuracy" by 25%...How the hell does that work? Not like its going to miss if you step on it :/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:17:07 am by MittinsKittens » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc