Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:25:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [us] airborne doctrine too powerful.  (Read 26631 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »

With the AB rework in progress this is all very valuable feedback, so keep it coming!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:38:11 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2010, 06:07:02 pm »

Let me tell them that I'm playing RTS since Amiga beginning with DuneII so in my case it's not a matter of a lacking skill.

I don't have nearly enough experience in this mod to comment on balance, as I'm just a little newb, but I can comment on this absolutely atrocious logic. Playing a genre for a long time doesn't make what you say about balance fact. Let's narrow it down even more, from a genre to a single game. I have two friends who have played Starcraft since 1999. They consistently played it until Starcraft II. They SUCK. They've consistently played for over a decade, and they still have no idea what they're doing. But according to your logic, they have plenty of skill because they've played that one game for so long, and because of their skill they should have the final say in balance, yeah?

And in addition, there's always the Starcraft pros. They're all obviously very skilled to be where they are, and some of them have only been playing for half as long as others. But despite the fact that they are sponsored, featured on television, and make money from what they do - they don't have the final say of "this is unbalanced, fix it pls". And you, someone who thinks he is skilled in the RTS genre just because he has played for a long time, expect us to take "It's just a simple matter of unbalance." as a statement of fact seriously?

Base your balance arguments on statistics and performance, not around "I have played this genre for 17 years so what I say about balance is final", if you want people to take your argument seriously.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:13:42 pm by Artekas » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

I don't have nearly enough experience in this mod to comment on balance, as I'm just a little newb, but I can comment on this absolutely atrocious logic. Playing a genre for a long time doesn't make what you say about balance fact. Let's narrow it down even more, from a genre to a single game. I have two friends who have played Starcraft since 1999. They consistently played it until Starcraft II. They SUCK. They've consistently played for over a decade, and they still have no idea what they're doing. But according to your logic, they have plenty of skill because they've played that one game for so long, and because of their skill they should have the final say in balance, yeah?

And in addition, there's always the Starcraft pros. They're all obviously very skilled to be where they are, and some of them have only been playing for half as long as others. But despite the fact that they are sponsored, featured on television, and make money from what they do - they don't have the final say of "this is unbalanced, fix it pls". And you, someone who thinks he is skilled in the RTS genre just because he has played for a long time, expect us to take "It's just a simple matter of unbalance." as a statement of fact seriously?

Base your balance arguments on statistics and performance, not around "I have played this genre for 17 years so what I say about balance is final", if you want people to take your argument seriously.
I vote this guy for newbie of the year Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2010, 09:43:50 pm »

That's awfully nice of you, although I didn't even know I was a nominee for newbie of the year! Cheesy
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2010, 11:38:43 pm »

daaaaang, i like him

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:46 am »

I have two friends who have played Starcraft since 1999. They consistently played it until Starcraft II. They SUCK.

then your friend are idiots...I mean,if u play something for 11 years and still dont know how to play it,then my friend you are stupid...
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2010, 01:22:17 am »

Not true, it means they only played amongst themselves or the computer.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2010, 02:06:47 am »

or "Use map settings" matches and thats just as bad

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc