Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:10:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [us] airborne doctrine too powerful.  (Read 26815 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26:23 pm »

ab armor good against: mg42 hmg, mg42 lmg, mp40 volk, volks kar, gren kar. mp44 (partially, mp44 does full damage but the ab still get dodge bonus)....

Okay, that's virtually all the small arms used by wehr. Mortar, tank shell, and flame thrower ignore AB armor, but they are not quite counter.Most AB player just rush in, destroy whatever, and then get the hell out.
Even if You didn't kill whatever, chances are it's going to need repair, while the AB player just need to heal.

I love AB players that play like that...makes it a lot easier than the smart ones that wait for you to come to them, pop you and walk backwards...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »

Which those are both very viable tactics, your post contains nothing stating that thats not OP.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 03:53:50 pm »

all you need is a sniper...

oh and destroy all healin centers.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 05:13:56 pm »

Lol fireup?

Not to mention airborne medics heal themselves which is retarded - very difficult to focus fire with inf.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 05:19:10 pm »

no u

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 05:23:11 pm »

Favored tactic of ab players is blobing. its most effective - its sad and wrong. Devs must force a AB player spread out his ab blob of doom. When it will be done i think ab will be balanced.

Senseless and ruthless.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 07:28:37 pm »

Favored tactic of ab players is blobing. its most effective - its sad and wrong. Devs must force a AB player spread out his ab blob of doom. When it will be done i think ab will be balanced.

Gl Hf

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 07:47:42 pm »

Oh god....lol AB is weak against Scoutcars with MG42...they just raped hard REALLY REALLY hard,they get raped by a MG and flamer and they get also really raped by assault nade volks,and if you're going to say "you shouldn't need a t1 unlock to counter...ect ect" then suck it.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 08:12:32 pm »

And you know what KCH, fallschrimjagers, ect get raped by? A list 50X bigger than that.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 09:43:52 pm »

And you know what KCH, fallschrimjagers, ect get raped by? A list 50X bigger than that.

The AB list is just as big,it's just i'm too lazy to list it.

If you want to beat AB players don't use tanks easy as that... Or if you do use a tank screen it with Inf,let them attack you get creative stop crying that your same company wont beat the AB company that you've been getting owned by..theres a thing called adapt DOO IT...If i know i'm playing a heavy infantry player i take out some rr's from my company and buy more bars :p better yet more crocs.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:51:55 pm by Computer991 » Logged
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 10:00:26 pm »

If you want to beat AB players don't use tanks easy as that... Or if you do use a tank screen it with Inf,let them attack you get creative stop crying that your same company wont beat the AB company that you've been getting owned by..theres a thing called adapt DOO IT...If i know i'm playing a heavy infantry player i take out some rr's from my company and buy more bars :p better yet more crocs.

Except infantry get hardcountered by 200 mp rifles with free assault nades. srsly.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 11:59:08 pm »

not every AB company has them. I've only seen 2 people with Asywarefare, most of them go for 2 T3's or the top 2.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 02:26:47 pm »

Oh god....lol AB is weak against Scoutcars with MG42...they just raped hard REALLY REALLY hard,they get raped by a MG and flamer and they get also really raped by assault nade volks,and if you're going to say "you shouldn't need a t1 unlock to counter...ect ect" then suck it.
spamming a gimmicky unit to counter a unit isn't exactly "balance". You should also know well how Ab player just using fire-up to negate any chance the mg42hmg/scout car might have.
assault nade is t2 btw.  

Do you have any justification why the AB RR should own so hard? All other anti-tank squad are glass cannon to an extent. Grenadier get kite by sherman and (especially) cromwell, and all bar rifleman have suppress. Even with the storm it's mostly a matter of finding the bastard(if I'm us). Sapper are fragile to begin with. Ranger is the only squad as tough as the airborne, but the bazooka are crap. Ab RR is the only at infantry in the game where blobbing and charging toward the enemy is a viable tactic.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:05:52 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:52 pm »

we keep saying the RR doesn't own so hard, it's a unit that in a way has to be blobbed in order to really be effective.

Look at it like this, if i'm wehr and i have two schrecks and i'm fighting a sherman, i feel i could win that battle but if i have a single AB squad (2 rr's) there's no way i'm beating a p4, the RR is just too weak, yes its accurate but it doesn't pack a lot of punch. 2 rr's = 1 schreck in terms of fighting power it has to be that accurate and penetrate that well in order to be effective.

Now, the thing is, if you have a company that is made to fight vehicles and u go up against an aB company, you're going to get jacked up, thats just how ti is. Like my Def company is made to fight vehicles more than infantry, i always lose to AB companies 1 v1 and i've accepted this now, i can always tailor my company to fight them but if i dont know i'm goin against AB, then i'm screwed. Just because you're bad at fighting something doesn't mean that it's over powered, it just means you have to change your tactics.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »

Bah there's no point trying to argue with you guys...you go ahead and keep losing.
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 07:04:28 pm »

we keep saying the RR doesn't own so hard, it's a unit that in a way has to be blobbed in order to really be effective.

Look at it like this, if i'm wehr and i have two schrecks and i'm fighting a sherman, i feel i could win that battle but if i have a single AB squad (2 rr's) there's no way i'm beating a p4, the RR is just too weak, yes its accurate but it doesn't pack a lot of punch. 2 rr's = 1 schreck in terms of fighting power it has to be that accurate and penetrate that well in order to be effective.

Now, the thing is, if you have a company that is made to fight vehicles and u go up against an aB company, you're going to get jacked up, thats just how ti is. Like my Def company is made to fight vehicles more than infantry, i always lose to AB companies 1 v1 and i've accepted this now, i can always tailor my company to fight them but if i dont know i'm goin against AB, then i'm screwed. Just because you're bad at fighting something doesn't mean that it's over powered, it just means you have to change your tactics.
It's not just the recoilless. The airborne troops themselves are probably one of the toughest squad in the game. Sherman can hold schreck, as well as rifleman. Even the storm blob rely on stealth to do their stuff.

RR might have lower damage, but it's a non-trivial matter to repair any vehicle in eirr, compare to how easy it is to heal up wounded troops. Any and all damage a vehicle suffered are in effect permanent, because you only get one heal per vehicle. As long as you don't start losing the man or your medic, you can heal indefinitely.

A RR heavy coy can still field a heavy presence of vehicle. The three fuel upgrade only adds up to 300 fuels to begin with and you can always get the first advantage. RR take mp+ munition, and the vehicle take mp+ fuel.  The only-over lap is the mp which is plentiful to begin with. I have the first fuel advantages on my ab coy and I can field four shermans, 1 m10, and a quad.

Just about anything that can fight vehicle in the wehr faction are themselves vulnerable to ab, except for shreck, maybe. Pak and tanks both getting blew up by RR. The RR probably kill Pak better than small arms since the RR will directly destroy the gun piece, leaving nothing to recover.  
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 07:52:46 pm »

okay but still, you dont fight airborne with tanks, just because u can do that to zooks doesn't mean u can do it to AB. they're horribly weak vs any type of infantry AI, if u have an hmg, kch, mp40 volks, even regular volks or grens, they can tear AB to pieces.

and schrecks kill guns better than rr's

300 health for both
schreck hits = 3
RR hits = 5

both would take 3 volleys total to kill a gun, which is more cost efficient, the 120 mu schreck or the 2x 180 mu RR's? i'll take the schreck.

I fear schreck storms over any type of infantry AT in the game, because of the power of the schreck and the cloak of the stormies. RR's are not as powerful as you try to make them, just learn to counter them ffs and stop trying to use the "well, rr's rape my tanks!" argument because Schrecks rape tanks too!!! The Wehr tanks are so much better at fighting infantry than allied tanks, i lost a whole vet 2 ab squad, full health all members to one shot of a tiger, that dont happen to Wehr unless its arty
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 08:04:49 pm »

Of all the AT weapons I can pick up on my men, I prefer getting RR's. They pretty much guarantee a hit and penetrate anything for good damage, they also aim quickly so less likely to be moved around by light vehicles without dealing damage.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 08:05:55 pm »

So what your saying is that the airborne player is allowed to combine arms with tanks and AB squads, but all the AB's victims are running around, no combined arms, no counters, AB just kill everything without regards to player company compisition and skill.

This can just not be used as an argument, there are many many ways to destroy AB that Wehr and PE can utilize.

Yeah that's true, so long as there is a healing source on the field, AB will be able to cycle back and heal.. Till one firestorm comes down, kills the medics and then the AB player cant heal the rest of the game.

OR a triage, if we want something alittle less squisy. Busting a triage is no harder than it is busting an 88. And 88s are easy with alittle smoke and grenades.

Firesparks, your entire RR = too good argument rests on the assumption that the axis players are comatose at the keyboard, or there is some type of vast skill disparity, and apart from the AB health argument. Well they are still assault troops with no AI capabilities until you get asymmetric warfare and for this reason, they need to be durable.

Any non vehicle based AI will tear through AB. And if there is AI protection around the AB, then it's up to the axis player to bring units to deal with it.

It's impossible to balance squads in a vacuum. companies need to be built to face any threat, those that do not, well their owners come on here and complain.

It is not that hard to put in a few flame pios and pumas. Or slow and ISTs if your playing PE. its all about adapting.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:08:36 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 08:12:43 pm »

Sadly for PE adding ISTs if you don't get the doctrine buffs from SE usually results in lack of other vital support units and upgrades =( It's overpriced for the most part.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc