Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:27:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 19846 times)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2010, 08:07:55 pm »

Yeah, he tends to get about 5-6000 viewers on his dailies now up from a few hundred a few months ago. He really is pretty great to watch and knows what he's talking about, what more could the people want?

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 09:49:00 pm »

There isn't anyone else here with a SEA copy by any chance is there?

Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 10:47:26 pm »

Im like 12 slots away from Plat league, but I only play like 3-4 games of SC2 a week, besides I bet you play terran (lololol)

Protoss ftw baby!
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:17 am »

What's wrong with Terran?  Are they really that OP?

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:57 am »

They are definitely the most versatile race with many easy to manage mechanics. Whether they're "that OP" or not isn't really known. I'd be willing to say mildly overpowered but it'll take a lot of tweaking to fix properly.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2010, 05:48:27 am »

They are not really that OP. Infact in the Diamond league they only have a 1/3rd of a percentile higher deviation for win rate compared to the other factions.

It is true that many more people play Terran but if that is because thats what they are comfortable with or not is a moot point. I know I'd play a better protoss but theres just some Terran units I can't let go of.

Statistically speaking Terran has the largest deviation among all the leagues. At the high end(diamond) they win 1/3rd of a percentage more, and on the low end(Bronze) they lose 2.45% more often.

All things considered Blizzard performed a remarkable feat of balance and engineering for release. The balance is already a few years ahead of where SC1 was at this point in it's release. Blizzard keeps tweaking and patching though so things will be fine.

The adaptability of Terran is a strength, the ability of the 1/1/1 build to become anything you want is pretty devastating. but Zerg players who get it to the mid/late game(thats where they want it) dominate the field. They can produce so many units simultaneously and tech switch to anything because it only requires a building. Eventually you have everything you want and just produce killing machines. Zerg is definitely the strongest macro oriented faction. Terran adapts quickly and Protoss tends to win matches through sustained pushes as opposed to climactic battles. This is not set in stone it's simply a trend you'll notice in the ladder.

My losses to Protoss players are because they just reinforce way faster then my barracks produce
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:09:31 pm by brn4meplz » Logged

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2010, 09:35:04 am »

Nope, not diamond. Don't even own the game. A lot of players online seem really bad though. First time I touched the game a teammate dropped, the other was a zerg who sent 6 lings mid-game and the likes so I had to out-muscle them by myself. I will never reach acceptable strength in sc2. I'll stick to just netcaféing it.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2010, 09:38:52 am »

Does anyone have that friend key thing that allows a friend to play online for like 6 hours or something? I can't remember the precise details of it but its something like that.
If someone has a key, Is it ok if I could have it? I want to test my new PC with it, and I want to try the game Cheesy

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2010, 02:50:09 pm »

They are not really that OP. Infact in the Diamond league they only have a 1/3rd of a percentile higher deviation for win rate compared to the other factions.

The biggest problem with this statement is really that the imbalance isn't that big a deal except at the top of diamond level. That top 1% or half a percent or quarter of a percent where the little differences really DO matter. For your average player, even your average diamond player, it's not really that bad. Maybe terran is a tiny bit better (as you say, statistically only a few % better, and that may just have to do with the maps for instance).

Statistically speaking Terran has the largest deviation among all the leagues. At the high end(diamond) they win 1/3rd of a percentage more, and on the low end(Bronze) they lose 2.45% more often.

Actually it's closer to 2%, at least it is now. But again, we're working with a few fractions of a percent here either way if we're going to use statistical averages. That's not really the problem, though.

All things considered Blizzard performed a remarkable feat of balance and engineering for release. The balance is already a few years ahead of where SC1 was at this point in it's release. Blizzard keeps tweaking and patching though so things will be fine.

I agree. Blizzard has done a good job so far, hopefully they will continue to do a good job.

Quote from: Lai
Nope, not diamond. Don't even own the game. A lot of players online seem really bad though. First time I touched the game a teammate dropped, the other was a zerg who sent 6 lings mid-game and the likes so I had to out-muscle them by myself. I will never reach acceptable strength in sc2. I'll stick to just netcaféing it.

And are any other games really that different? Even the top 6% of all players are more often bad than good :p

Excuse me brn, would you mind telling me what you are doing editing my posts with no changelog or permission?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:17:18 pm by Malevolence » Logged
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »

I should wipe your vet for having made me click that link Masacree and boosting it's views by another count.

In other news Day[9]'s thread on TL.net has 9500 replies and 3.58 million views.

Thats insanity

Well aren't you a big deal? Seriously, going around, swaggering about your launcher access, and you're lack of moral prerogative.

Except for the fact that NO ONE coerced you into clicking that link , you did so of your own volition. And you wonder when people scream mod abuse.

But of course, who cares about the fucking plebs anyways?

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 08:11:22 pm »

It's lovable abuse.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2010, 09:01:55 pm »

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »

Most of the people here play Terran and Protoss?  Do we have any Zerg pros?  I usually play Terran but I am thinking of playing Zerg now. 

On a side note: I would love Terran even more if they had Goliaths still instead of Thors so we could use full mech armies without having to take a different tech or turret spamming for practical anti-air.  I also miss spider mines. 
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »

I have a friend that is pretty damn good with Zerg but he's on EU and my other buddy is retardedly good with terran, he used to be on EU but is now on the KR server.

Pick a faction that meshes with your play style. Zerg is predominantly passive for the beginning. I'm an aggressive player so I prefer Terran and Protoss for the early pushes I can do.

If you play Zerg expect to take a metric shit ton of unit losses in trying to kill an enemy. It's once a Zerg hits 3 bases they can replenish all their army in a single production cycle that they become scary as shit. Unit for Unit though you typically get out ranged and out damaged.

Having said that Zerg players scare me, because they can typically fast expand and get a second base up incredibly early. I can get my friends BO for you if you want, I think he averages a 55% or 60% win ratio
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:02 pm »

Most of the people here play Terran and Protoss?  Do we have any Zerg pros?

Reading the thread is A+.

Then again I guess Smokaz is esoteric as hell.

I play Zerg.

I have a friend that is pretty damn good with Zerg but he's on EU and my other buddy is retardedly good with terran, he used to be on EU but is now on the KR server.

Pick a faction that meshes with your play style. Zerg is predominantly passive for the beginning. I'm an aggressive player so I prefer Terran and Protoss for the early pushes I can do.

If you play Zerg expect to take a metric shit ton of unit losses in trying to kill an enemy. It's once a Zerg hits 3 bases they can replenish all their army in a single production cycle that they become scary as shit. Unit for Unit though you typically get out ranged and out damaged.

Having said that Zerg players scare me, because they can typically fast expand and get a second base up incredibly early. I can get my friends BO for you if you want, I think he averages a 55% or 60% win ratio

Zerg is always scary. Their eyes glow! Ooh, very creepy.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:56 pm »

Ooops sorry Mal, I read the rest of the thread yesterday and I must have forgotten.  I think I'll stick with Liquidpedia for BO's for now Brn, but thanks for the offer.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2010, 10:40:35 pm »

There's a lot more to the game besides build orders, keep in mind. As Zerg your game sense has to be superb because the other races want nothing more than to harass and timing push you to death.
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2010, 10:47:15 pm »

There's a lot more to the game besides build orders, keep in mind. As Zerg your game sense has to be superb because the other races want nothing more than to harass and timing push you to death.

True story.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2010, 11:15:21 pm »

Yay so if I get to Platinum or higher as Zerg then I can say my e-peen is huge cause I have really good game sense hehe.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 11:25:04 pm »

i never bought the game, is it worth it? Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc