Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 10:25:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Quick Questions...  (Read 4216 times)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« on: July 29, 2010, 11:13:46 am »

I hope this is fine here, If not, then please move it to the correct place please.
Question1:- Hetzer Spotter Scopes, What do they actually do? Is it just more LoS, because I'm wondering if its worth taking them on my 3 Hetzers or should I put my munitions into more teller mines or what not...
Question2:-What is a good distance to keep PG's with G43's at and don't just say "Mid-Long" range because I don't know what that is in terms of CoH logic. If someone could give me a screeny of a good engagement distance, or even just tell me the width of the screen to keep them at (like, Keep the half a screen apart).

Thanks for looking at these questions, and special thanks to those who know the answer and answer my questions Cheesy

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:38 am »

Question1:- Hetzer Spotter Scopes, What do they actually do? Is it just more LoS, because I'm wondering if its worth taking them on my 3 Hetzers or should I put my munitions into more teller mines or what not...
Hetzer spotter scopes works just as in Vcoh i belive, you get a better distance and some chance of spotting armor.

Question2:-What is a good distance to keep PG's with G43's at and don't just say "Mid-Long" range because I don't know what that is in terms of CoH logic. If someone could give me a screeny of a good engagement distance, or even just tell me the width of the screen to keep them at (like, Keep the half a screen apart).
PG's with G43 works short and long range only, works best short with doctrine buffs for it thou i suggest you do it long range in cover or in buildings, thats what i do and the allies falls like flies.

And meh, i don't feel like screening try to picture it. Cheesy

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:23:30 am »

Hetzer Spotter Scope : +10 Range and Sight. Pretty self explanatory, really.

G43s work fine at all ranges, really. If you want long range - keep at the edge of your LOS, and you'll maintain long range, more or less so. If you want short range - let them come close(because charging with rifles isn't the best idea in the world).

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 11:26:51 am »

Yup, by short i mean when activating something in your doc im not quite sure what it was i saw AmPm used it at me and my ally for a long time ago, they fired like machine guns lol..

But munition halftrack try that close to G43, they fire faster and realods faster.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:05 am »

Hetzer scope is the best tank upgrade in the game. You should NEVER play Hetzers without scopes.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:04 pm »

Oh, ok, so I better try and find a way to put spotter scopes back onto my hetzers. Was a bit of a mistake of taking them off. Thought it was only extra los.
And thanks for the tips on how to use G43's. Hopefully this will improve my game Smiley
Thanks for the replies everyone <3
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:06 pm »

I hope this is fine here, If not, then please move it to the correct place please.

Thanks for looking at these questions, and special thanks to those who know the answer and answer my questions Cheesy

1.  Get scope if you plan for standoff's and not supporting the hetzer with shreks. Hetzer can be a good slugger against both td's and mediums if you bring a shrek to support since their deal is mainly the good armor

2.  The second they actually start firing, thats long range for sure.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »

with spotter scopes they have slightly less range than a firefly!!

so use that to your advantage

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 04:15:32 pm »

mmm...Never seem to have that sort of range though Shocked
Or is that because the "Auto firing" range is actually shorter then its full range and I need to start selecting targets?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:26 pm »

Nope
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 04:23:02 pm »

no you just need sight.

you have more range than your Hetzer LOS

So just do what i always do

Have pzgrens scouting while your hetzer snipes at the back, include mortar to blow out entrenched positions
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 04:25:15 pm »

Seriously? Then why the flip don't they fire when until they are IN my LoS (this is with the Spotting Scope).
Mmm...
Meh, I don't know xD
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 04:40:17 pm »

Hetzer scope is the best tank upgrade in the game. You should NEVER play Hetzers without scopes.

would be better if hetzers gain the extra range as a basic and spotting scopes only give extra sight. just to keep noobs from having useless hetzers + it makes 100 times more sense.
just like the extra hp on LVs became a standard, this should too.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 04:41:44 pm »

Scope is one of those things that might as well come basic on the unit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc