Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:34:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet Rework  (Read 64297 times)
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19:56 am »

You missed the point completely Mysthalin, I made the statement about 95% without any evidence as a counterclaim to the 90% without any evidence, to show how ridiculously stupid that was.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2010, 04:36:54 am »

artekas you fighting a loosing battle here lad.

Everyone like cosmetic changes, its just commonplace. I mean look at me for example, im very patriotic to my country, and like to make cosmetic changes to COH's textures and models. i have kilt wearing tmmies running around the map, i have commandos with black watch tartan on the bottom of there coats, ive even changed the sappers to the scots tommies aswell.

You cant honestly be telling us that you wouldnt want your own cosmetic changes ingame?
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2010, 05:46:00 am »

unless you're willing to flay an artist and a coder into making new states (or unit entry depending how you handle it) and skins for every single unit in the game, unfortunately new skins arn't going to work for vet.

then you have the logistic problem of getting everyone to download a copy of every model with a new diffuse texture, which would just be collosal. just to save you guys the trouble i had figuring it out =P

There are already several hundred different skins for each and every unit available for free and most other mod developers are willing to share their work.

Logistic problem? It would just be released in a patch.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:48 am »

Logistic problem? It would just be released in a patch.

Let's talk about bandwidth. Each patch would require the dataattrib file to be redownloaded completely for each player. This is on top of the skin itself being downloaded. That alone would increase the bandwidth requirements of the server rather exponentially.

If the player would have to wait until the next official patch until his unit would be "glorified" - chances are he'd lose the unit in the mean-time.

So yes, Logistc problem.

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2010, 06:54:13 am »

Scotzmen, you are missing the point as well. I like cosmetic changes, but I do not care for them replacing things that actually affect gameplay. I never made a statement saying that not everyone likes cosmetic changes, yet you seem to be making an argument like I did.

But you know what, fuck it! Who needs things to make gameplay more interesting? Let's just replace all of the doctrine abilities with cosmetic changes for units. Let's make all five levels of vet some sort of cosmetic change as well.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2010, 11:50:28 am »

Artekas, you're a retarded troll. Go sleep under a bridge.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2010, 11:52:03 am »

Quote from: Mysthalin
I don't have any point to make so I'm just going to call you a troll.

Okay then, have fun with that.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2010, 11:53:31 am »

Nice overgeneralization of the entire playerbase without any evidence whatsoever. I, for one, most certainly do not care for cosmetic changes.

Scotzmen, you are missing the point as well. I like cosmetic changes, but I do not care for them replacing things that actually affect gameplay.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2010, 11:55:41 am »

Not sure what you're trying to show by quoting those things.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01:56 pm »

people can change there opinons right  Tongue

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2010, 12:04:20 pm »

I didn't change my opinion, I clarified it because I obviously did not make it clear enough the first time. I thought it was clear when I first posted the message that I did not care for cosmetic changes replacing gameplay things because of context, but it was not.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2010, 12:06:04 pm »

Not sure what you're trying to show by quoting those things.

That all you are trying to do is strut around trying to look bigger then everyone else, by arguing the stupidest points. Points which are so idiotic that you are forced to come a complete 180 and try to defend yourself. Hence the two quotes in which you state "I for one DON'T care for cosmetic changes" then a few posts later you say that you Like the cosmetic changes.

And when i put the two contradicting statements together, you fail to even understand just how bug of a hole your digging. I have been wrong, or generally believed wrong on this community but at least i have enough balls to either hold my ground, or admit im wrong.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:15 pm »

They are not contradicting statements, they are the same statement only with one explaining something that I felt was a given from context. You're just making stupid shit up and then saying I've dug myself into a hole. I'm sorry, but you trying to dig a hole under me is not myself digging into a hole.

Not to mention even if it WERE a contradicting statement, that wouldn't actually prove a goddamn thing at all. That was simply me stating my opinion on the matter to give an example for my argument. Even if you take the first statement out of context, in which case it would indeed be contradicting my second statement, they both give the stance that I do not want cosmetic changes in place of gameplay changes, and on top of this, me not wanting something has nothing to do with my argument that you can't just say an entire group is x or wants y. I used myself as an example of someone in a group who was proclaimed to want y even though I don't want y, but it's just an example - countering the example wouldn't counter the entire argument.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:22:46 pm by Artekas » Logged
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2010, 12:19:34 pm »

annoyingly they arent contradiciting statements  Undecided
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2010, 12:42:18 pm »

Okay then, have fun with that.

No, you are indeed a troll artekas. Your entire tirade has been about nothing but infuriating other people in pathetic attempts to mimmick other's generalisations over something that isn't even going to happen, and then you top it off with one of the most massive slippery slopes the forums have ever seen(if vet 5 would be a prestige level then fuck it all and make everything cosmetic changes!).

You are a retarded and pathetic human being that literally has nothing better at all in life to do but aggravate a community that you've managed to get to hate you within the first week of your appearance here.

Enjoy your day.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2010, 12:47:30 pm »

No, you are indeed a troll artekas. Your entire tirade has been about nothing but infuriating other people in pathetic attempts to mimmick other's generalisations over something that isn't even going to happen, and then you top it off with one of the most massive slippery slopes the forums have ever seen(if vet 5 would be a prestige level then fuck it all and make everything cosmetic changes!).

You are a retarded and pathetic human being that literally has nothing better at all in life to do but aggravate a community that you've managed to get to hate you within the first week of your appearance here.

Enjoy your day.

It's not everyday I agree with Mysthalin, but holy shit, did he hit the nail on the head with this one......

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2010, 12:49:35 pm »

Quote from: Mysthalin
I still don't have any points to make so I'm going to continue calling you a troll.

Alright, I'll take that as you very reluctantly admitting that you're wrong. You should man up a bit and learn to accept when you're wrong, bro.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:03:30 pm by Artekas » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #137 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:33 pm »

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2011, 11:53:10 am »

I don't have the time to get mixed up in the Mysthalin and artekas debate, but I want to state my one request:

Please keep the buffs to a reasonable minimum. The last thing I want to see is fields of units 5 times better than vanilla ones. That merely drives away people who don't vet whore the entire time. (i.e. me, I like to save vets, but in most cases I won't surrender a field just because I'm scared to lose anything)

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

Please keep the buffs to a reasonable minimum. The last thing I want to see is fields of units 5 times better than vanilla ones.

Then the question is , what for is vet?  A lvl 9 vet 5 company should have considerable buffs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc