Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:46:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE assault gernades has got to go!  (Read 29579 times)
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 23, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »

Incendiary assualt is severely over powered and needs to go. It is an instant "I win" button that needs to have a dramatic price increase. It takes no skill to use and destroys squads that are of a higher value, man power and munitions wise. You can't dodge it like normal assualt nades because they supress not to mention g43 slow. On top of that they get a fireup like sprint which makes them almost impervious to small arms fire. You need a mg taken out while it supresses you? Assault nade! Pesky at gun getting in your way? assault nade! High pool, manpower, munitions smg ranger squad raping you? Assualt nade! This is just making it very frustrating to play EIR in its current form. I am also thinking of not playing untill this gets fixed. Yes, it is that big of a deal. It needs a price increase to atleast 95 munitions becuase it is just priced way to low. Compare it to the price or bars or smg rangers, because it is just as powerfull. Scratch the bars it's way more powerfull then that, I would put it in the same category as smg rangers. Please look into this game breaking feature that everyone in the world seems to be running. Yes i have won games against and lost even more. It is just not fun to play against at all, and really needs to be looked at.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:13:25 pm »

QQ

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 04:14:59 pm »

I have to agree, when one fights especially a 3v3 PE team and they're all using it, and their first callins have nothing but 50mms and marders to back up their infantry, there is not a thing US allies can do anyway, can't attest to british against this.  SMGs and quads/m3 halftracks can't stop it due to the fact that you have to kill every last man to stop the grenades, which by the way are thrown like a mile away even when running.  Running sideways doesn't help due to the nades leading and if PE is going to slow your squads. The mass marders/50mm/shrek squads will instant rape any vehicle designed to stop the infantry which, quite frankly, have to be dealt with very quickly in a short amount of time otherwise the damage is done.  ATGs instantly decrewed and stunned by the nades on top of that, the Sherman is the only thing close enough to take hits long enough to get enough shots off to HOPEFULLY thin their numbers.

This ability is on par with FG42s and higher, there is no way this ability should be so cheap on general infantry, which is capable of wiping out all support and elite infantry that could hope to counter it.  Make it a single bundled nade and not this silliness of mass nades at football range BS that it is now. Or give riflemen 4+ bars to deal with this or make the .30 cal actually pulls its weight for once, or make the Jumbo tank a general unlock unit because this assault nade spam stuff really has to stop.  What happened to the end of these I win buttons and just make the game more tactical (ie just weapons and the occasional off-map).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 04:15:43 pm »

Seriously, hardly anyone uses it, & sprint is not like fireup, it doesn't relieve supression, and it is only acquired at vet 2. Yes you can dodge it, move when you see the throw animation?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 04:16:33 pm »

In addition, it is doctrine specific to SE.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 04:17:34 pm »

Haters gonna hate!

Actually you are right Jodomar because I ran an all gren with assault grenades company with 50 mils and won like 3 games instantly after I got the hang of it. It's pretty easy.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:19:52 pm by 3rdCondor » Logged

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 04:19:41 pm »

Still too powerful for a low muni cost.  Cost needs to definitely go to at least 100 MU to balance this shit. And I've seen nothing but people taking these, so don't even say that no one uses them.  It's been used to quite good effect and it should not neutralize entire squads of infantry for a fraction of their cost.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 04:23:44 pm »

Then adjust your company to it. Metagame much? You're telling me you don't have any mortars? If all he has is 50mm/marders and grens with assault nades it really isn't that hard to get them suppressed with an mg + bar combo IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS and then pound with a mortar. :/
lazuka12 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 04:45:30 pm »

Why arent you complaining about the blitz volk assault nade spam? Pretty much the same stuff expect the nades a have 1 second long timer to blow up.

EIRR: INeedMoreVolks,SpamRiflesOrLOL
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »

Why arent you complaining about the blitz volk assault nade spam? Pretty much the same stuff expect the nades a have 1 second long timer to blow up.

It's possible to dodge Volks Assault Grenades.

That one second is enough time for every man in a squad to be out of the blast radius.

With Incendiary Assault, the grenades instantly detonate upon touching the ground, suppressing the squad instantly. If even a single man from a squad fails to respond to the order to move back, the entire squad is a write-off.

Schmidt, the Metagame is when people go through phases of tactics and counter tactics. This is the use of an OP ability so you can do whatever you please with the rest of your company.

Oh, and if it really Isn't that hard to counter Incendiary Assault spam with 50mm/Marder's... Then provide a replay of yourself flawlessly countering it for all to see.

I've played against this - Any normal tactics for dealing with Assault generally fall on their head.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 05:26:02 pm »

it is indeed OP. Fix it or take it out. end of story

- Mod edit: Watch your language
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:10:59 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 05:47:26 pm »

It's possible to dodge Volks Assault Grenades.

That one second is enough time for every man in a squad to be out of the blast radius.

With Incendiary Assault, the grenades instantly detonate upon touching the ground, suppressing the squad instantly. If even a single man from a squad fails to respond to the order to move back, the entire squad is a write-off.

Schmidt, the Metagame is when people go through phases of tactics and counter tactics. This is the use of an OP ability so you can do whatever you please with the rest of your company.

Oh, and if it really Isn't that hard to counter Incendiary Assault spam with 50mm/Marder's... Then provide a replay of yourself flawlessly countering it for all to see.

I've played against this - Any normal tactics for dealing with Assault generally fall on their head.

Do not forget that PE grens are HIGHLY spammable.

Stick a G43 on each squad then Slow + Inc. Assault becomes a big problem.

Not only is the PE gren now capable of taking out any infantry unit regardless of micro, Infantry counters or force multipliers stacked against them in a fight the PE gren will manhandle any Infantry allied squad put before it.

You cant micro out of the way, you cant fight back cause the first grenade suppresses, the 2nd pins, and Elite Infantry are even punished more because they cant deal with the Fire D.O.T.

It is Broken. There are no reasonable counters to this playstyle aside from going Tank/Light vehicle heavy, and PE have many oh so very many AT options to use now that they can efficiently funnel Allied players into using vehicles in order to be effective.

There is no metagame shift that's needed, it's simply the broken combination of Inc. Assault and Slow.

I have always argued that the suppression modifiers on both assault abilities needed to be toned down. You should not get suppressed for having a partial grenade hit. 

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 05:48:52 pm »

It's broken because the grenades explode on Contact and still apply Suppression values.

It's having the Suppression removed for the doctrine rework.

The 1.2 seconds before a Blitz assault Grenade explodes is what keeps your squad fine. Incendiary assault is Indeed OP

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 06:31:46 pm »

its fine i play allies its fine, its like the rest of the bs, makes the game fun
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 06:59:31 pm »

Thank you Ground and Burn for your replies, I look forward to when it's going to be brought down in line, for all the reasons you both so concisely stated. I'll leave this issue as settled then and go back to playing then ^^ And great job to the EIRR mods and devs too for their continued hard work and feedback to the playerbase!
SX23 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

I hardly see where there is a problem, as soon as the huge red symbol appears in front of them and they start running towards your unit, you just gotta move off a little, and they won't pin, damage or suppress any of your men with the nades. Agreed for the g43 situation, but as I might point: it's situational, and just seems a good mix of tactics. And after all, allies got their share of interesting mix of abilities. And a one man squad launch one nade, so when you got it down to one men, they're not much of a threat. Also, hmg fire still suppress grenadiers, still does damage them, and sprint does not remove suppression as certain allies abilities do.

And as for jodomar first examples:
You need a mg taken out while it supresses you? Fire-up SMG rangers! Pesky at gun getting in your way? Fire-up AB squad! High pool, manpower, munitions mp44 KCH squad raping you? BAR suppression! This is just making it very frustrating to play EIR in its current form. I am also thinking of not playing untill this gets fixed.

Yup, agreed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 08:16:43 pm by SX23 » Logged

With Courage shall we Rise,
With Might shall we Fight,
With Glory shall we Stand,
With Honor shall we Falter,
For the Fatherland shall we Prevail.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:40 pm »

It's broken because the grenades explode on Contact and still apply Suppression values.

It's having the Suppression removed for the doctrine rework.

The 1.2 seconds before a Blitz assault Grenade explodes is what keeps your squad fine. Incendiary assault is Indeed OP

The problem isn't the grenades suppressing - they SHOULD suppress.

The problem stems from a singular grenade being able to suppress - and 3 grenades being able to pin.

What I suggest is toning down the suppression values of the grenades so that you need at least 3 grenades to suppress an enemy squad(which means it would more or less so stood there) - and that the nades can't add any more suppression on top of already suppressed infantry (so they can't get pinned merely by the assault nades).

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 08:58:23 pm »

That doesn't stop them from burning to death.

Also Incendiary assault in the SE rework is a Tier 1 unlock, so removing Suppression is entirely fine with it. You still achieve the aim of preventing squads from standing still and firing.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »

The problem isn't the grenades suppressing - they SHOULD suppress.
Why? There is no other grenade in the game that suppresses... volks nades, gren nades, allied pineapples, and bundle nades... the assault grenades on wehr being the exception and they got a timer to balance it.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30:56 pm »

Because it would make the ability absolutely worthless. Before this ability actually got in people complained about how useless incendiary grenade assault would be, simply because people can walk away from the flames while your own squad runs into its own flames getting owned. Toning down the supression alot would help to achieve balance without making it entirely useless.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc