Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 01:28:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE assault gernades has got to go!  (Read 29701 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »

In that game the most squads I had together at once was two at a time, I knew there would be many IA's flying around so I limited my on field infantry.

Shot blockers arent helpful because the time it takes you to get around the obstacle, they are priming grenades and lobbing them, negating what the shot blocker would have done for you.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 07:05:35 pm »

Assault Inc spam < Tank spam...seriously -_-.

And as far as things that aren't fun to play against goes...

American light vehicle spam,Infantry spam,Officer spam,Ranger spam, Vehicle spam,Airborne spam...

I mean the list goes on and on with Americans but seriously WM,PE have literally nothing effect to spam like Americans do.

Last time you guys fixed assault nades on WM airborne spam and infantry spam went off the heaaazyy...if you guys decide to change this and i have nothing to counter infantry blobs.

A big price increase? its a 4 man squad at most i'd price it at 60MU

Ways to avoid it,RUN away...
Hop in a building...
Jump in a HT
Get an m10 and crush the infantry...
Ect ect..

Mysthalin has beat my assault nade company many times, l2micro kay?

lol, ya ok... it would be ok if they thru 1 nade? but they throw a ton... it needs a price increase, you can make all the excuses on how to avoid it, but that doesnt work, i move shit sideways, backwards.. even if i come right up to the suqads that is throwing the nades it hurts me and not them... its fudged up.. all iam seeing now is gimmicks by axis players to counter the allied infantry.. getting boring.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 07:06:49 pm »

Regular assault is fine - quite beatable.

Though incendiary assault has the problem of instantly pinning it's target, which is just wrong - a large decrease in the suppression caused is required (at least 1/3rd of the current suppression).

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »

suppose, but everygame today i have played i have played against nade spam, PE and WM versions.. seems its the only way to defeat the allies now..
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 07:23:10 pm »

Its less of a pain than say, AW where they have 30 rifle squads all doing that, bazooka shoot, and satchels....

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 07:32:57 pm »

Its less of a pain than say, AW where they have 30 rifle squads all doing that, bazooka shoot, and satchels....

yep, and whats happening to that ?
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:58 pm »

suppose, but everygame today i have played i have played against nade spam, PE and WM versions.. seems its the only way to defeat the allies now..

because so much of the allied shit is overpowered -_-.

It doesn't instantly pin but it usually takes about 3-4 to pin..

Although I've seen it done by 1 a couple of times.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 01:48:52 am »

Due to the nature of how incendiary grenades are thrown (in 3s) and due to how they explode on contact - it usually does end up being an instant pin. The very first grenade suppresses, the other two put the unit into a pinned state - which is just over the top, considering it's also burnign the unit to all hell.

It's just the suppression that needs to go down, really.
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:09 am »

Indeed having a unit pinned in flames is pretty much an instant retreat

this ability needs a tradeoff either get rid of the intense supression for increased flame damage or vice versa

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 01:54:28 am »

Solutions to issues.

IA limited to Assault Grens/Assault Flamer Panzergrens.

AW limited to AB.

Problems solved.
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 02:01:36 am »

Solutions to issues.

IA limited to Assault Grens/Assault Flamer Panzergrens. plus slight muni increase

AW limited to AB.

Problems solved.

its far to abundant

i played a game recently and its all the Pgrens had
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 02:02:58 am »

If its limited to the ASSAULT and FLAME ASSAULT PGRENS it is fine, they already cost 95mu and take up more pool.

How would that make it spammable at 155mu per squad or whatever?

L2READ
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2010, 03:05:01 am »

COUNTER:

Log on your AW airborne and do it back - for free?

My airborne T4 is easy company, it was useless against assault spam to begin with, and now it got nerfed!

- Ha ha ha
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:10:06 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 03:09:32 am »

COUNTER:

Log on your AW airborne and do it back - for free?
nades, nades everywhere!

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 10:16:46 am »

If its limited to the ASSAULT and FLAME ASSAULT PGRENS it is fine, they already cost 95mu and take up more pool.

How would that make it spammable at 155mu per squad or whatever?

L2READ

that sounds fair, right now a person can field like 20 of them squads, i made a account and did it.. it left me plenty of mun over to filed some mardars, armor cars, ists, 50mm..

now, compare that to my AB company, now, i make my units completely diverse.. i have 6 Squads of AB Bars, 6 Squads of AB RRs
4 more AB rifles empty to just recrew.. 3 hmgs, 3 57mm, 1 ab motar.

now here is a perfect scenario to show how op they are.. now iam not the best, but i have a general idea what to do in this game:

On field in a decent position, 2 hmgs, motar, 57mm 2 Bar AB squads, guy comes at me with 6 Grens with these nades, they run into my HMG screen and get pinned.. my motar starts firing on them and then i bring in the BARs to assit.. then wham, the super man cap is exposed, 1 squads throws his nades at 1 hmg, it is quicky melted, another throws at another hmg, its melted. another 2 or 3 sent their nades by bars way, pin, melt.  after that he was able to move up and engage and remove motar and 57mm.

now, no cover helped, bars where behing wrecks and sandbags and bushes, the nades still got them like nothing, also, these nades thru from a extreme long range..  now i didnt do anyting stupid, i had cover, he just ran up, knew the i win button he had and used it.  i would never even see Mass KCH blobs do what this guy did, which shows it OP.

1290 Manpower and 300 Mun Raped - 1880 and 500 mun.

and no, this had nothing to do with skillz, whats the use of having a HMG easily knocked out at range by some nades?

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 10:24:28 am »

Squads under assault should have increased recieved accuracy vs. Machineguns.

It's totally not fair that they are able to blow apart US suppression platforms without taking casualties.

Once that guy manning the gun dies, it takes a god-aweful long time for the 2nd guy to step up and start firing, and by that time, 3 more grenades are already on top of you.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 10:51:18 am »

I'd be happy with it going back to not targeting Weapon teams but that removes one of their primary uses. With their Suppression removed in the rework they will force infantry to keep moving but Weapons teams will still be boned if they sit there. Thats essentially all Assault ever was anyway. A way to maintain the momentum of breaking a line. You typically follow it up with P4's or Tigers or something. Of course With PE(and SE) especially having no dual role tanks that becomes an issue.

We'll put alot of thought into the ability.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
StikUpKid Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 10:56:43 am »

Bring back Canister shot PLZ. blobbing is so common, and boring.
From what i saw the only people that agreed with cansiter shot being removed were people that either didnt use it or people that blob a lot.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2010, 01:37:45 pm »

just give PE the assault nades... remove incedary all together.. its just broken.
Ran Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »

Interesting discussion,

A quote from a post I made a few months ago;

"KCH seem to be suppressed rather easily as well by brens and MGs (of any variety). Assualt grenades I think should be on recharge not a 1 of use. Its the KCH equivelent of Fireup by the looks of it as it seems to break the supression but once you use it thats it no more get out jail free cards"

This whole debate sounds like a double standard. This sounds no differant from Fire-up. At least Inc Assault is a one off use.

As a compromise I would suggest going to normal assualt grenades but have a cool-down similar to Fire-Up. In addition assualt should also;

-Increase rec damage and incoming accuracy, while decreasing suppression for the assualting unit.
-Instant Detonation no timers

It requires an unlock on most units and has a mu cost vs the no unlock and free to use Fire-upfor AB units (I think). This makes its more destructive potential counter balanced by the higher costs and doctrine unlock requirement.

The arguements for breaking supression etc equally account for fireup whihc is used unlimited times and has no cost. Please balance both abilities not just the one pissing the most people of at the time.
nerf this and then nerf Fire-up to at least keep things on par.

Ran

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc