Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 04:00:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new grindless system - Factional progression (FP)  (Read 53022 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

oh god, a hero unit in eirr, ewwww

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2011, 03:20:27 pm »

Vet 5 units will technically be 'hero' units, in terms of prestige anyway, since the only way a unit is going to acquire vet 5 is by being in fact legendary. I think we can also keep an 'all time hall of fame' for the vet 5 units, so that legendary vet 5 units will be remembered for many generations to come.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

Vet 4 and 5 better be significant bonuses to make it worth worrying about them.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2011, 03:39:22 pm »

Vet 5 Jeep <3

Question though, will the vet 4 & 5 be implemented after a wipe? Cuz i could see someone whoring up vet so when it flips over, boop, automatic vet 5!

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2011, 04:03:12 pm »

I wouldn't know, we'll decide that when we get there.
Like I said in various threads, the vet rework is still quite some time away.
I wouldn't bother getting all excited about it just yet :p

Anyway, back on topic lads.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:10:24 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

Cleaned 5 pages of bullshit.

I left most of Wind's posts. If I cleaned that we would be down to 2 pages.....lol

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2011, 11:27:23 pm »

Vet 5 units will technically be 'hero' units, in terms of prestige anyway, since the only way a unit is going to acquire vet 5 is by being in fact legendary. I think we can also keep an 'all time hall of fame' for the vet 5 units, so that legendary vet 5 units will be remembered for many generations to come.

A unit becomes Vet 5 by hiding at spawn and oming out periodically to eat infantry.

You guys should have a good look at how some of the lousier players get vet 3 tigers or jagdpanthers. They do it by constantly hiding at spawn and relying on spawn buff to save their stuff.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2011, 11:55:21 pm »

I guess that unit will be legendary for being totaly useless huh? Well I also believe when warmap is up we will be seeing wipes ALOT more often(every time war is won), so players wont have time to do that kind of shit.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2011, 04:55:59 am »

I guess that unit will be legendary for being totaly useless huh? Well I also believe when warmap is up we will be seeing wipes ALOT more often(every time war is won), so players wont have time to do that kind of shit.

Most likely, I think a war cycle will on average last a couple of months. I can imagine a lot of players have gotten used to not having wipes for a very long amount of time (i.e the current 'war' has been going on for at least 6 months now) but it's really not 'normal' in EIR standards.
Jstek Offline
Donator

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2011, 02:55:39 pm »

So wait.  The war map can be won?  I though it was not a winnable thing.  Thats awesome!
Fuck, why not make it like the free game Starport.

You can have 2 week game periods and even multiple games......  That could be pretty bad ass.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:04:49 pm by Jstek » Logged
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »

I Aprove of this.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »

A unit becomes Vet 5 by hiding at spawn and oming out periodically to eat infantry.

You guys should have a good look at how some of the lousier players get vet 3 tigers or jagdpanthers. They do it by constantly hiding at spawn and relying on spawn buff to save their stuff.

We can tell how many games a Units been involved in roughly and how effective it's been. If someone takes 60+ games to get a vet 5 KT or something then clearly he's babying it and it's not a Hero of the Reich but more like a de-clawed cat of the Reich. Alternatively, someone who gains vet 5 with remarkable speed while fighting tough opponents(relative to skill) would be more deserving of everlasting glory.

It may also be down the road that we can roughly(or accurately) track what a unit has killed and that could be listed on a detailed stats page for the top units.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »

So wait.  The war map can be won?  I though it was not a winnable thing.  Thats awesome!

Of course, the entire point is that it's going to be a player driven thing. Players are going to determine the outcome of a war, they're going to determine what gets fought over, etc.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2011, 06:25:51 pm »

Explain to me again how this mod is "persistant", yet all my progress gets eliminated in one click of a button every 6 weeks?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:03 pm »

The fuuu are you talking about?

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »

Explain to me again how this mod is "persistant", yet all my progress gets eliminated in one click of a button every 6 weeks?

Stop thinking of it like this is WoW. The war has to end sometime.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »

He said they're going to start wiping every couple of months (2 or 3), so that means all the veterancy I worked up to build is gone, and is that not the whole point of playing this mod? Persistancy?
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »

Wars end, new ones begin but the vetrans of last war are usually too old to fight, or train the newbies. So those vet 3's you had through the entire last war? Picture them having tea and coffee at home, while thinking about how in thier day they kicked ass and can't understand how come thier son can't deal with a bunch of pussy commies.

But honestly, its nice to have those wipes every now and then and not have to deal with vet 3 hordes
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:33:00 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2011, 06:35:50 pm »

Honestly, you'd be an idiot not to 'invest' such a high fuel cost unit in your games. Basically, by being overly careful with your vet units, you are giving yourself a massive handicap and you're going to make it harder on yourself if you actually want to win a game. (Which with the implementation of the warmap is going to mean a lot more than it does currently)

Once we have a warmap in, and people prefer losing games over losing a vet unit, those kind of players won't get far Tongue.

It wouldn't be 6 weeks, it'd be a tad more. Also, it'd be persistent in a war. The whole purpose of this mod is going to be that it puts players in a persistent, immersive campaign that can eventually be won by one or either side. In that regard, persistency comes a close second to the whole 'warmap' deal which we intend on implementing (and which will no doubt take this mod to a whole new level).

In addition, you're forgetting that 'your progress', with the introduction of the warmap, will be less individualised than it is currently. The game is essentially going to be warmap driven, and you won't feel that 'your progress got wiped' like you would if we wipe currently. You'll feel that you've either won or lost a war, and then a new campaign is started. (Hopefully we'll be able to offer some new features at the start of every new campaign)

Lastly, across multiple wars we still intend on offering some 'persistent' elements such as awards (medals and ribbons), all-time hall of fames, etc.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »

Lastly, across multiple wars we still intend on offering some 'persistent' elements such as awards (medals and ribbons), all-time hall of fames, etc.

Would be nice if we got to choose 1 squad or tank to bring over to the next war kind of like ceratin army groups kept thier names after ww1-2, napolianic wars etc.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc