Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:30:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EIR:R Campaign Map Progress  (Read 10495 times)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: November 03, 2010, 12:38:56 pm »

These are the current map projects going on for the next EIR campaign. Fighting in specific maps when you are deployed in a sector will not only add alot of flavour, but also make it feel alot more like a real war.

Currently it is only going to be optional to play those maps, we can look into giving bonuses for playing the right maps later though. We will try to keep the maps as enjoyable as possible so we don't have any "man the wales map is balls to the wall bad!" threads, but rather 'man I want to be deployed into Bordeaux because that map is so awesome'.

If anyone else from the community feels like he can step up for this and help with this task it would be greatly appreciated. To do so, post in this thread and name a map you want to work on, pick it from the current Warmap (only France, Italy and Britain).

Current Maps in Development:

EliteGren's Maps

- Montpellier - In Progress
Thread

Deadbolt's Maps

- Omaha Beach - In Progress
Thread

- Paris - In Progress

nugnugx's Maps

- Lille - Completed
Thread

- Metz - Completed
Thread
RoyalHants' Maps

- Venezia - Completed
Thread

Released Maps

EliteGren's Maps

-  Paris - Completed
Thread

Groundfire's maps:

- Hill 60 - Completed
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:13:17 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 12:43:44 pm »

Sounds awesome Cheesy

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
MultiDoc Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:41:41 pm »

Great !

Special war/campaign maps will add greatly to the immersion of the campaign !

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:53:32 pm »

Can you post also sectors from warmap ?  we could already start making the needed maps of cities/areas for warmap.

It's going to be western from I presume ?  From France to germany ?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 02:58:00 pm by nugnugx » Logged

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 03:00:59 pm »

We can only use the Warmap from the last campaign right now, it's in the OP. When EIRRMod releases an alpha version of it we will use that, the sectors will probably stay the same anyway. If not we can still change the mapnames and fit them in somewhere, I'm not too sure if Italy is going to be included.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 03:29:10 pm »

As an incentive, for every completed and new map mappers will receive some reward points.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 04:09:29 pm »

What about a cash prize mapping contest?

$20 to the author of the best "warmap" themed map.

I think it would even draw back some OMG mappers if we had a level competition where in the end, all maps would be used.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:10 pm »

What about a cash prize mapping contest?

$20 to the author of the best "warmap" themed map.

I think it would even draw back some OMG mappers if we had a level competition where in the end, all maps would be used.

I like this idea. Knowing there is a bit of surplus in the donations account. Lets use a little for incentives

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:28 pm »

I like this idea. Knowing there is a bit of surplus in the donations account. Lets use a little for incentives

It is the community's money, all raised together. It should be used to improve the community and the mod as a whole instead of a "rainy day" vent fund.

Of course, we should all put it to a vote to see if/how we should utilize this money, I am simply putting forth the idea.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 07:23:22 pm »

Yay reward points, can these be saved for the new companies post wipe?

sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 07:10:14 am »

i sort same historical info about battles in Normandy for mappers. We must have assimetric\unbalanced maps for compaign guys, it will make a game mush more intensive and stressful. More historical accurate maps plz. It will make EiR:R very special!

Quineville sur Mer - Looking West

Strong beach defenses (strongpoint on beach shoreline mid-photo and along top of seawall). The chateau, bottom left, the 88mm casemate, mid-photo, near the ascending road and the church further up the hill witnessed strong German resistance on D-day +6 when attacked by the 3rd Battalion of the 22nd Regiment. The attackers came across the fields from the top left in the photo, descending upon the church and chateau 300 yards south. After subduing the Germans, K Company descended the road, battled the cement casemate gun crew but were stopped at the farm at the sharp corner. The capture of the seaside town was hard fought.

Ste Mere Eglise - Looking Southeast Today

American paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division erroneously parachuted into the town square in the early hours of D-day. M. Hairon's burning barn, top mid-photo, illuminated the scene making it easy for the Germans in the square to shoot the descending troopers. Private John Steele's parachute caught on the steeple. He survived by feigning death until the town was occupied in the daylight hours. His parachute effigy still hangs on the steeple. The airborne museum stands on the site of Hairon's barn. The town has been a gathering point for returning veterans of all divisions.

Utah Beach Looking West D-Day Morning
June 6, 1944

The aircraft engine nacelle and propeller are top right. Dark patches are cloud shadows. German flooding of the low pasturelands immediately west of the beach was planned to limit American accessibility to the higher ground. Further west along the top of the photo can be seen the flooded Merderet River valley, also a defensive tactic that caused grievous losses to the 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions. On the beach, landing craft are bringing in General Barton's 4th Infantry Division. Two causeways carry vehicles and men westbound to relieve the paratroopers holding the causeways western exits. Over the following months ships off loaded supplies and men across the beach in volumes comparable to the port of Philadelphia.

Omaha Beach - Vierville Looking East

The valley road "the Vierville Draw" or code named D1 is at the top. Six German strongpoints defended the beach in this area. The movies "The Longest Day" and "Saving Private Ryan" depict the battle on these sands. C Company of the 2nd Ranger Battalion landed under the cliff immediately west of the draw. Their battle along the bluff greatly reduced the firepower on A Company, 116th Regiment assaulting the beach. Further west to the right is Pointe Percee from where a German officer observing the battle erroneously misjudged the American successes and redirected German reinforcements to another area. The German defenses around Vierville draw are visible and accessible.

Pontaubault - Looking North

Patton's Third Army rushed across these two bridges July 31. The Selune River bridges had not been destroyed. Pivoting west, Patton led his forces into Brittany and its large port at Brest. Those forces pivoting east rushed to Paris and the Seine River bridges. Patton defended these two lifelines coming from the north with hundreds of antiaircraft guns and an ever-present air umbrella over the corridor. German Colonel Rudolf Bacherer with a thousand men of the 77th Division attempted a brief but unsuccessful counterattack in the hours before the main American force entered the scene.

Chambois - Looking Northwest

The road running from bottom left to top right was one of three German escape roads from the "Cauldron" in mid-August. American units of the 90th Infantry Division moved towards the town intersection from the bottom of the photo. Elements of the Polish 10th Armored Rifle Regiment moved towards the intersection from the top of the photo. American Captain L. E. Waters and Polish Major Zjorzelski met and shook hands at the intersection at 7:20 PM August 19. Although closing this route the retreating Germans continued to flee eastwards across the fields and orchards. The allied linkup was tenuous.

Pegasus Bridge  - Looking East

The lift bridge spanning the Orne Canal was captured by British 6th Airborne Division glider troops in the first few minutes of D-day. The three Horsa gliders, visible in the top right brought Major John Howard and his troopers in on time, accurately placing them in position to seize the bridge by rapid surprise. Lt. Den Brotheridge, the first allied death on D-day was killed where the Jeep is standing as he and his men rushed across the bridge from the eastern side. A Bedford 4x4 engineer's truck is returning from the airborne headquarters area to secure supplies from Sword Beach. The drivers, although in Europe, are still driving on the left side as in England.

I know, an idea of historical maps is not popular because "its not balanced". Think about it as a special campaign scenarios, it can be a known-all-around feature of EiR:R.
May be i must say "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" and go to try mapping Smiley
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:15:55 am by sheffer » Logged

Senseless and ruthless.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »

Updated
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 01:46:48 pm »

better shot for Ste Mere, an overhead.

\

Reminds me of RTC

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 01:55:56 pm »

Keep in mind the campaign map has Normandy as like 1 sector, lol.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 01:58:27 pm »

Yeah, we can make multiple versions of it though. I was planning to anyways, no one wants to play the same map for over a week (unless it's super good of course, which we will try to make them)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:05:18 pm by EliteGren » Logged
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:22 pm »

You can also link some of the proper maps we alrdy have to certain sectors.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:20 pm »

I shall tackle....BELGIUM!!

Prepare for Waffle Domination.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 06:41:37 pm »

1 map for the entirety of Belgium?
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 06:43:50 pm »

.....you say that like Belgium is A: Real and B: Bigger than a single map.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »

Still waiting for someone to make Road to Carentan Winter. I want my white RTC and extra hedge dammit!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc