Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 06:01:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your biggest pricing/pool gripe  (Read 8286 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 02:43:40 pm »

Maybe we should consider making the marksman shot a MUN upgrade and then giving the upgrade a + pool cost. That way the base unit could be made to cost less pool.

I like that idea, so they can be recon without having to be fighters too.

btw if u do it like this, consider buffing their detection radius, especially since they can't detect mines anymore

Snipers already completely destroy British players, we are not giving them walk speed in any capacity

But it wouldnt' be that detrimental, you'd only turn it on when you want to see farther and they'd walk slower, kinda like they're focusing or using binocs, if it's a clickable ability, you can turn it off quickly and get away...but i could see why youd' be adverse to it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 02:54:52 pm »

RCA Officers will have Lit up for a similar function.

The problem with Recons isn't sight it's speed and detection. htey can't ever actually kill a sniper.

The unit needs to be looked at on the whole. So far the Pool upgrades are only slated for Elite infantry as a test pilot.

Recon Tommies are not good combat units(they reload and cooldown slower) so the Marksman shot is all they really have. We could normalize them as Tommies.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 03:22:11 pm »

Give the brits a Dingo Smiley

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 03:43:10 pm »

M5 StuH-art from WoT
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 06:30:10 pm »

move munition ht and vampire ht in support pool.
support grens 6 pool cost is too damn high for 3 men supressing inf.

Senseless and ruthless.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:22 am »

RCA Officers will have Lit up for a similar function.

The problem with Recons isn't sight it's speed and detection. htey can't ever actually kill a sniper.

The unit needs to be looked at on the whole. So far the Pool upgrades are only slated for Elite infantry as a test pilot.

Recon Tommies are not good combat units(they reload and cooldown slower) so the Marksman shot is all they really have. We could normalize them as Tommies.

when i've got recons on i love when there's a sniper, they're awesome at killing them imo. once it takes a shot, it's mine.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 12:41:53 am »

when i've got recons on i love when there's a sniper, they're awesome at killing them imo. once it takes a shot, it's mine.

And if he tries to not shoot, you spot him and he is still yours Tongue

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 03:33:34 am »

they are a bit TOO good at killing snipers imo. increasing recon snipe range with so much was a bad idea.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 10:33:50 am »

they are a bit TOO good at killing snipers imo. increasing recon snipe range with so much was a bad idea.

Nah, they are fine, just discourages rambo snipers.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 11:07:55 am »

Snipers still out range Recon snipe. and they both move at the same speed so you can drag him into defensive areas. Also Recon tommies detection for their movement speed is pretty junk.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 11:16:24 am »

Snipers still out range Recon snipe. and they both move at the same speed so you can drag him into defensive areas. Also Recon tommies detection for their movement speed is pretty junk.

Brn, a 2 recon call in is literally an instant sniper counter to any sniper not hiding in a doomfort or under an ostwind.

The detection may be smaller than a jeep or a bike but the threat of a charging recon squad is enough to make you decloak instantly to gtfo of the area rather than risking a sneak away under cloak.

A smart brit player is going to track the sniper and the detection radius is large enough to hiding under cloak a near suicide attempt and a free target for the recon snipe

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 12:04:34 pm »

Brn, a 2 recon call in is literally an instant sniper counter to any sniper not hiding in a doomfort or under an ostwind.

The detection may be smaller than a jeep or a bike but the threat of a charging recon squad is enough to make you decloak instantly to gtfo of the area rather than risking a sneak away under cloak.

A smart brit player is going to track the sniper and the detection radius is large enough to hiding under cloak a near suicide attempt and a free target for the recon snipe

I'm inclined to agree.

No... fuck that.
I adamantly agree. The recon squad needs absolutely no buffs when it comes to anti snipering. Groundfire hit the nail on the dick-head hard with that one. A sniper in cloak is a sitting duck for recon squads and the marksman shot is a useful ability by itself even without snipers around to use it on. Got a recon squads? Boom. -25% fighting capability for any Wehr/PE infantry squad other than volks (psh) or KCH.

And btw, I've witnessed some epic spam of the most basic infantry lately, so I'm not sure pool values need to be lowered for un-upgraded infantry of any type; elite or otherwise. I can see it now... fuckin' hordes of airborne and rifles with just nades and stickies and airdropped AT gun spam. *shudders*

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 06:15:10 am »

Upgun Puma being 8 pop (same as Stug and M8) might be a bit too high I think.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc