Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:08:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any doubts about luft?  (Read 14394 times)
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

Both of your arguments are fail,

Except that my argument was more or less...

because tommies are completely irellevant to a discussion about FJ medkits.

Way to go on calling your own argument fail?
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

I swear wind and artekas argue EXACTLY in the same style

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 03:10:42 pm »

or use demos like hantas,luring me into them,and blowing whole squad with 1 click...
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 03:10:59 pm »

I wouldn't say that, but generally speaking we make more well thought out arguments than the average around here. Maybe that's why you feel this way?
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 03:12:11 pm »

or use demos like hantas,luring me into them,and blowing whole squad with 1 click...
<3 Demos
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 03:14:13 pm »

Just throwing in a youtube link for those who want to see it in action but can't be bothered to watch the replay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnryUPZazU
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 03:14:29 pm »

i rarely

rape

terminators.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 03:15:30 pm »

Except that my argument was more or less...

Way to go on calling your own argument fail?

Tommies with smoke cost 75 munitions for one squad with improved weapons as opposed to 50 for 6 medkits, can't return fire with 3/5 of their weapons, and can't really move. It's not comparable.

You were arguing via comparison here.  I agree that Tommies are irrelevant to the discussion as you later said yourself, but at this point (which is the argument I was referring to) this was not a viewpoint you were ostensibly demonstrating.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 03:15:55 pm »

Thanks for uploading the clip to Youtube.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 03:19:08 pm »

You were arguing via comparison here.

Tommies with smoke cost 75 munitions for one squad with improved weapons as opposed to 50 for 6 medkits, can't return fire with 3/5 of their weapons, and can't really move. It's not comparable.

I was listing some of the huge differences between them to show why riflenade smoke is nothing like medkits at all and thus has no bearing on anything involving them (in other words, irrelevant).
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 03:23:59 pm »

I was listing some of the huge differences between them to show why riflenade smoke is nothing like medkits at all and thus has no bearing on anything involving them (in other words, irrelevant).

Exactly.

You were listing the differences between them, aka comparing them. Now you ultimately came to the conclusion that the two should not be in the same discussion, and that I agree with. However, they shouldn't have been a part of the discussion in the first place.  And by going through the process of comparing them, that fail argument was allowed to endure.

FSJ medkits are broken. If someone tries to tell us that this isn't so bad because of some other random thing, that's completely irrelevant and has no purpose even being entertained. It takes two to argue.

-Wind

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 03:24:42 pm »

After watching replay:

They heal fast but they can take damage in that time, and you don't have unlimited uses of heal.

While riflenades in smoke tend to be invunerable with taking less damage.

If there will be a nerf , both need it.

smoke is nothing like medkits at all

yes it is ,  because both affect survivability of units.  medkits heals , and smoke lessens accuracy prolonging time in which riflenades can stay and fight, think of it as armor or additional hp which you don't see.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 03:29:11 pm »

I already listed how u can kill em,it's not that hard...but dont charge rifles on them  Roll Eyes
but boy they do heal fast,but I only have 10 falls in my company,and that is 90% of my anty infantry force...
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 03:33:43 pm »

Wind, the difference between what you're doing and what I'm doing is that you're simply declaring that it's irrelevant, while I'm explaining WHY it's irrelevant. Simply saying something is irrelevant won't shut someone up, quite obviously because nug is still going. At least by providing an argument for why it's irrelevant one can hope.

Nug, yes, the two do buff survivability. Beyond that, THERE IS NOTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR ABOUT THEM. Riflemen and Ostwinds both hurt infantry, beyond that there is nothing similar about them. Should a buff to one also result in a buff to the other, or nerf?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:36:02 pm by Artekas » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:36:03 pm »

Nug, yes, the two do buff survivability. Beyond that, THERE IS NOTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR

'beyond that?'   survivability of units in medkits and smoke is the main thing , and there is nothing more beside this one point.

You don't use smoke to make units look pretty , and you don't use medkits to have a good time clicking on a pretty button.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 03:36:53 pm »

Hurting infantry is the main thing, and there is nothing more besides this one point. Everything you're saying about this could be applied to my scenario with the riflemen and ostwinds.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 03:39:15 pm »

Hurting infantry is the main thing, and there is nothing more besides this one point.

lol  ,  medkit and smoke is defensive - survivability

'hurting infantry' is what the weapons do.

Riflemen and Ostwinds both hurt infantry

you are comparing 2 different platforms which differ in many ways.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 03:40:16 pm »

I think the youtube video shows it all really. Just need to heal slightly slower.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 03:42:04 pm »

The thing is Artekas, you're saying it's irrelevant because you compared the two units and found them too dissimilar to compare.

I'm saying it's irrelevant, however, because even if they were similar, how broken or overpowered something is has NO bearing on how broken or overpowered something else is REGARDLESS of how similar or dissimilar they are. That's how the standard of reasonability get's increasingly skewed, until things are getting nerfed and buffed in relation to each other rather than in relation to a basic standard.

That in this case you determined the two were dissimilar is irrelevant to me, because the very methodology you used is, in my opinion, itself irrelevant. Which is why I said you and NUg's argument was fail.

-Wind

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:43:41 pm by TheWindCriesMary » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 03:44:08 pm »

I'm saying it's irrelevant, however, because even if they were similar, how broken or overpowered something is has NO bearing on how broken or overpowered something else is.

Yes it is irrelevant , my point was different however.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc