Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:58:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When Doctrines will return ?  (Read 3366 times)
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« on: January 27, 2014, 04:34:31 am »

when ?

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:37 am »

When we have received enough information to adequately test the balance of each faction and their units.

It is not up to me, but I personally love the game without doctrines tbh.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:49 am »

is it possible make in game perfomance be  rewarded by warmap cards? I mean now getting cards  its more or less random but i think gaining reward cards should be related to how good you played in game. Etc guy having the highest score gets legendary card and 2 random cards and so on. Hell even if ya team lost and ya have the highest score in your team ya get same amount of legendary cards as winner's highest scoring guy. It will solve at least a little bit stacking. Playing stacked games at least will be rewarded

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
GrayWolf Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 10:22:10 am »

is it possible make in game perfomance be  rewarded by warmap cards? I mean now getting cards  its more or less random but i think gaining reward cards should be related to how good you played in game. Etc guy having the highest score gets legendary card and 2 random cards and so on. Hell even if ya team lost and ya have the highest score in your team ya get same amount of legendary cards as winner's highest scoring guy. It will solve at least a little bit stacking. Playing stacked games at least will be rewarded

What about R+ ?
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:05 am »

started last, got highest score, dual chances getting legendary reward units.

i dunno if its even  possible for you guys to code this? does launcher tracking in game score as well or just kills?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:16:48 am by Shabtajus » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 04:21:41 am »

Would actually offer the wrong incentive. Stacking for getting better cards would be the result. Should not be implemented for single scores. Team based system would make more sense. If a team with low w/l ratio wins against a team with high w/l ratio the team should get better and more reward. That will set a better incentive!

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 05:02:50 am »

Make it so playing vs skaffa gets you a legendary card heya

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:28 am »

Would actually offer the wrong incentive. Stacking for getting better cards would be the result. Should not be implemented for single scores. Team based system would make more sense. If a team with low w/l ratio wins against a team with high w/l ratio the team should get better and more reward. That will set a better incentive!

ready ma post with wit a help of google translater, I know ma English is hirrible but come on hans you don't get my point

same situation we have everyday. etc bearsoul and chindivision ( no offense guys I like ya very much) hosting a game. notorious dodgers/stackers like aeroblade or pony insta joins a game vs them, random axis jumps in and we have a 3v3 almost full. almost. nobody wants be stomped and ambushing in launcher. no game. only 1 allied needed for bear and chain needed and still it takes 2-3 hours to get a volounteer. Now if ya will get a reward cards gaining based on scores I truly believe that get last guy in stomp will be way easier to find if he will know that his highest score in stacked team will be rewarded by some cool cards

now getting stomped gives ya nothing
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 08:46:56 am »

+1

And it is what we have been discussing in the Dev lobby for a long time.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 09:42:17 am »

I thought this was already working to some extent? The foundation is there anyway, look for the "Team Rating" in the post-battle screen.

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they've tried everything else."

Quote from: PonySlaystation
The officer is considerably better than a riflemen squad at carrying weapons. Officers have good accuracy so they will hit most targets.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 09:55:05 am »

I thought this was already working to some extent? The foundation is there anyway, look for the "Team Rating" in the post-battle screen.

You are right, it does. That is why we get the "over whelming victory" status etc
It does not take into account whether it was a stack battle win or not - that is something we discussed, but has not been coded in yet as far as I know.

The bigger impact will come when we change how reward units are dispersed. They will be based more on wins on the Warmap instead of just a random give away for playing the game.
nikomas Offline
Shameless Perv

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 09:56:39 am »

Hmmm, I could have sworn the big man mentioned you getting an additional reward card for being on the lower team (Team Rating Wise), but I've been wrong before.

Either way, it's a good idea!
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:21 am »

how ya gonna rate players? for example pony, i bet he has a great w/l ratio but still he is a bad player and now we take gorkster with epic fail w/l ratio. What does it say to ya? and who will be dat judge in dev team to say who is good and who is bad here since you guys aint even playing so many games to be polite.

or ya gonna rate players by coy's w/l? new coy new rating? sounds legit

in game score is the greatest way to go here, even outstacked games will have some advantages
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 10:45:52 am by Shabtajus » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 11:13:32 am »

in game score is the greatest way to go here, even outstacked games will have some advantages

In game score is pointless as well. Here are a few examples why:

1.) Player does awesome job of keeping the opponent messed up and on the run, but does not score any kills
2.) Player sits doing nothing using teammates as meat shields, shows up just in time to get the kill.
3.) High level player attacks the weakest player and racks up all the kills.

The best system we have is the same system we use for determining noob advantages, but it needs to be fixed. It is supposed to be calculating on your account, not the battalion, to avoid players intentionally creating new companies to exploit the advantages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc