Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:35:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob advantages  (Read 3807 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: February 07, 2014, 08:32:43 am »

I think its time to remove all noob advantages.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:32:49 am »

+1
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 11:34:34 am »

and henschel strafe run heya

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
terrapinsrock Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 12:14:51 pm »

+1

Bit hard when its flaunted infront of you as a  broken reward piece of ass you'll never get to shag with.
Current Vets:

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 12:17:01 pm »

and henschel strafe run heya

So, SO tempting...

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 01:05:21 pm »

So, SO tempting...
Only if you remove bombing run too, makes me so sad = /

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 01:16:21 pm »

Noob advantages have been disabled - I think I did it correctly....lol

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 01:45:33 pm »

Only if you remove bombing run too, makes me so sad = /

Whilst bombing run is in fact silly against repairing units, Henschel run is silly against anything you target.

Because, you know, being able to place 4-5 200 damage rounds (In a single pass, ability does two passes) with 1 accuracy on any armoured target(s) whilst ignoring any shot blockers is perfectly fine lol.

The only thing that stops it from raping any single full health allied tank in a single pass is the derpy AI on the plane, and the only tank that can bounce it's rounds is the Pershing with about a 20% chance from the front (And half the time it comes in from the back anyhow).

Whilst LOS is required for the plane to come in, it's something that rarely matters as the player will always make sure something is spotting. You don't bring it in otherwise lol.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Noob advantages have been disabled - I think I did it correctly....lol

What are the plans for the future? similar advantages in the form of cards?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
I2ay Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:14:25 pm »

Whilst bombing run is in fact silly against repairing units, Henschel run is silly against anything you target.
Bombing run ruins the persistency of the game for me, demand it be removed in the same manner AVRE was nerfed
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 03:14:45 pm »

Bombing run ruins the persistency of the game for me, demand it be removed in the same manner AVRE was nerfed

The AVRE was made to be alright in the end, it can competently shit on most support weapons on it's first round as well as being good blob control.

Ruining persistency is an incredibly sketchy argument though. We've still got goliaths running around that can gib multiple squads at a time, artillery that will always have the capacity to roll lucky and one shot an entire squad on the first round, etc.

Then again, I'm all for making veterancy easier to get. Not sure why it got put up so much beforehand. The vet bonuses don't become lolwut until vet 3 for most units.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 03:38:37 pm »

The AVRE was made to be alright in the end, it can competently shit on most support weapons on it's first round as well as being good blob control.

Ruining persistency is an incredibly sketchy argument though. We've still got goliaths running around that can gib multiple squads at a time, artillery that will always have the capacity to roll lucky and one shot an entire squad on the first round, etc.

Then again, I'm all for making veterancy easier to get. Not sure why it got put up so much beforehand. The vet bonuses don't become lolwut until vet 3 for most units.

the mk6 has vet problems. along with it being too slow to escape anything more than a snail attached to a anchor its vet is 25xp 100xp 250xp

Which is just absurd.

As well as the firefly. which requires a silly amount of XP for a unit that is probably either get stormed or blitz rushed.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 03:59:19 pm by aeroblade56 » Logged

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 04:16:44 pm »

Yeah, at the minute it feels like veterancy is reserved for those that are very good at the game or are vet whores.

It's rare to see casual players with any meaningful levels of vet besides the usual vet 2-3 heavy tanks or long term elite inf.
Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 04:21:21 pm »

The ease of retaining high vet infantry and subsequent "whoring" by certain players has imo always been a big problem especially with the special armor types alot of those units truck around.  It's always been easier to eliminate vet armor with hunter killer rushes or offmaps you just illustrated above. 
mrshark Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 06:14:15 pm »

XIIcorps Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 06:21:22 pm »

+1
Had vet 3 AvRe and vet 1 mk6, both dies in single henschel strafe.

Arguing that henshel and bombing run are equally OP is hilarious.
One requires los to use and comes in a fixed direction whilst dropping smoke to warn of its impending approach.
The other simply requires los (something which is impossie to not have in a 2v2 or 3v3 especially with cloaked kettens) whilst not dropping any smoke.  Your only warning is a blip on the minimap but its still too late.

henschel run would be a different story if it had an ounce of balance.  Like being directional firing its cannon along a predetermined path.
atm its a dual pass 4-5 shot 200 dmg airstrike. Weve basically put an 88 in the air and removed all of its shortcomings.

Also while AvRE might be capable of gimping paks, its far easier to counter and far less capable then goliath spam or goliaths in general
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 06:22:53 pm by XIIcorps » Logged

some of My kids i work with shower me Wink
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »

Agree on Henschel. Thing is fckin annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc