Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:51:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet?  (Read 6675 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: December 26, 2010, 07:10:57 pm »

So, what makes vet more desirable to kill? It's just something I've noticed while playing games. While a blob of vet 0 rifleman won't get off mapped, but oh look, a vet 2 officer, off map it!

Here comes a tank, its raping me, but  oh look! Vet 2 stuff, kill it!

I'm not griping I go after vet too sometimes, although I don't prioritize it, but it seem some players just see vet and get hungry, any theories why this is? Do they just like to grief? Do they get extra joy out of it? wut?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:17:15 pm »

Well it depends, i like to chase for example.

A vet 2-3 tiger/pershing that have minimized my pershings/tigers health to minimum, and have killed alot of my stuff.

That i could hunt with sacrifice, officers i think gets off mapped for a lazy reason, so as sniper..
Players cant stand that, a vet 0 sniper OFFMAAAAAAP.

...And ofc sometimes to be a douchebag, its also fun to do when your are clearly dominating. Smiley

But overall, its just a habit that we all have now i suppose, kill the joy of others.
Or for revenge.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:19:34 pm by Grundwaffe » Logged

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »

because u just feel good when you kill someone's vet 3...especially if that is something like pershing that nailed you in last game,for example...
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 08:19:44 pm »

Vet is evil and needs to be erased. It blinds people from their potentially good play

Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 08:21:23 pm »

Because secretly... no one who plays this game wants anybody else to have fun or do well. It's all about winning. By any means necessary.  Undecided

Me... I try to let the noobs escape with their vet when I can. But certain units... callies, pershings, churchills, etc... Those I refuse to let live if I can help it. No mercy.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 08:22:08 pm »

Vet is evil and needs to be erased. It blinds people from their potentially good play

thats what makes it awesome and a whole new tactic at times

Just kill 1 of Cam's vet 3 AB and you win!

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 08:52:09 pm »

because u just feel good when you kill someone's vet 3...especially if that is something like pershing that nailed you in last game,for example...

+1

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 09:21:38 pm »

Thanatos

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 09:22:29 pm »

Things that must die, Tanks, Artillery, Specialized "Low Risk" infantry (Rangers, AB, Stormies, Officers, Snipers)...

Also, Vet Jeeps and Bikes.

Other than that, I could care less.

As to why I kill these, because they are easy to vet, very tough with vet, and make all further games against said person really annoying.

The same argument could be asked, "Why do people use instant kill arty like Howi/25lbr/Bombing/Hummel; it's gay because it kills my vet before it can retreat."

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 10:46:20 pm »

I've stopped caring about vet; it comes and goes. I'll gladly sacrifice my vet if I think it'll help me win the game, and it's fun to watch opponents throw perfectly good units away in an attempt to vet hunt me.
The bonuses you get from vet are great, but I think you get more use out of using 100% of the squad to its fullest potential (until they die), rather than retreating when you have one or two men left.

I don't vet hunt unless there's a good reason to, but it always feels good when a Stuka wipes out a vet 3 Infantry Section. Grin
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 05:10:23 am by Illegal_Carrot » Logged

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 03:18:56 am »

Pretty much the same as what Carrot said, except I vet hunt because any vet I kill now, I won't be facing later. I won't sacrifice units stupidly for a vet hunt, though.

Oh yeah, and for everyone complaining about killing vet being a killjoy - what would be the point of vet if everyone just had entire companies of vet 3 because they weren't killing each other's vet?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:30:32 am by Artekas » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 03:28:44 am »

People are extra precautious of their vets so they retreat them very early. It also lowers the enemy morale.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:06:00 am »

Becuase we all know that the person who has the unit has taken his/her (any females actually play this mod?) time to vet up his unit and pretty much babysat it, as someone said early, we all really want to destroy the game for each other. Your winning, but why not add salt to the wound by killing his vet? Damnit im going to lose this game, lets make him pay for every inch he gets by making an effort to kill his vet.

The "good" feeling we get from killing a vet unit, is a relief feeling that is basically. "Fuck yes, i killed his vet 3 KCH, what an accomplishment" Becuase potentially vet are harder to kill then a tiger becuase people babysit them so much.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:08:11 am by Scotzmen » Logged
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 04:14:05 am »

People do not invest extra time into vetting units. A 30 minute match is a 30 minute match regardless of how much time you spent babysitting a unit. I'm sorry if me killing your vet is destroying the game for you, but I'm not interested in having it so vet means LITERALLY NOTHING because EVERYONE who tries to has entire vet 3 companies because the "nice" behaviour is to not kill vet units.

The behaviour regarding vet is completely retarded, tbh.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 04:39:56 am »

I'm sorry if me killing your vet is destroying the game for you,

I dont know if that part was aimed at me there lad, but i dont mind loosing vet, it happens.

Would you like to try and explain why people prefere killing a vet 2 squad over a vet 1?
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 04:42:04 am »

No, it wasn't directed at you, just at anyone who's game would be ruined by me killing their vet. I already gave my reasoning for why I kill vet when I can. Vet I kill now is vet I don't have to face later. Vet 2 units are more of a threat than vet 1 units, so I'll kill them first. This is a small community, I will undoubtedly run into the same players time and time again, and killing their vet helps me win against them in the future matches.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 05:02:55 am »

and then again,it's instant win if u kill someone's vet,since then they just ragequit  Roll Eyes
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 05:18:30 am »

If people come in to a game and seem like they're intentionally losing because they're trying to vet up (Eg. retreating 4 man rifle squads), then i'll make it my aim to destroy only the units they're trying to vet.

Or on the other side, if someone removes all their callins to bring on 2 tigers in a complete stomp where i'm on the losing team, i'll gladly suicide all my m10's in an attempt to destroy them.

There's good vet and bad vet, bad vet is when you know it's been farmed from stomps, and good vet is everything else Smiley.
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 06:59:14 am »

my +300xp PE SE flamer was killed by a sniper while retreating. It was good vet but and they deserved it for all that pain of allied support teams, i know  Cheesy

Senseless and ruthless.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

i do enjoy killing vet, it gives me small satisfaction but hunting down vet for no reason and killing vet that is retreating is something i shun and just think is deskusting.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc