Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:56:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next patch  (Read 15620 times)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:50 pm »

agreed some1 just didnt micro quick enough and lost a whole sqaud to an incendiary shell Tongue

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 02:35:42 pm »

Actually, I find suiciding P4s for maximum damage more effective than kiting than repairing it
suiciding p4s rather than repairing them is a sign that the unit is not bad but you need to learn how to use them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:40:54 pm by nugnugx » Logged

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »

- Reduce Mando Sniper's view range (its insane)
its the only thing i would have the sniper for its costs as much as a normal sniper why would i want a normal sniper that cant cloak for pretty much the same price

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »

because most normaly anti-sniper tactics dont work in the way its used?
You can counter-snipe for example and those thing rape more than any normal sniper if its in good hands.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 02:55:40 pm »

if you play people who treat it as a normal sniper then i rapidly get 45 + kills but if i dont there usually gone with 5 -15 kills bikes dont work against it if there on there own you need at least 3 bikes
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

aka, you need to suicide rush it with a Puma/AC or Tank...

RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 03:00:37 pm »

no falls storms and snipers all eat them easily
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »

I have to agree with royal here, mando sniper can't cloak, and can easily be countersniped by a sniper i do belive. Its a basic tradeoff really, sight for the ability to cloak. Anything that kills a normal sniper will kill this sniper, arty, mortor falls storms tanks bloody everything.

Fix the delay time on the firestorm. Its a 2 sec delay its insane, you cant run from it and it WILL kill everything in its raduis, its a "oh...... i just destroyed half your callin Tongue" button.

Oh and

flamer sappers

+1
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:33:43 pm by Scotzmen » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 03:31:04 pm »

there is a 50/50 chance that your mando sniper will lose the sniper first, and only leave the sten guy. Its honestly not a problem and already costs a shit load.

And heres how i read your sentance.

Inf/atg spam is fine because the Hummel incendiary will wipe it out.

Im an idiot, because i can't counter that P4 IST with my atg spam.

whine whine whine

EDIT:

Creeping BArrage has an insane cooldown, and maybe you need to learn what that little brown ball of smoke means?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:36:14 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 03:48:11 pm »

The hummel incendiary barrage is insane, i Think, but dont quote me on this. It has 325 range when using incendairy barrage. Although you should ask gork, hes spent proberly the most time with them.

Its accuary is bad, but its a great area denial weapon.

Creeping barrage does need a look at. Its antiarmour capabilitys are insane. It litrelly wipes anything from h face of the earth. Half Tracks? gone, ATGs? gone marders? maybe, anything more armoured? maybe.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:55:25 pm »

It has 325 range when using incendairy barrage. 

lolwut?
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:47 pm »

The hummel incendiary barrage is insane, i Think, but dont quote me on this. It has 325 range when using incendairy barrage. Although you should ask gork, hes spent proberly the most time with them.

Creeping barrage does need a look at. Its antiarmour capabilitys are insane. It litrelly wipes anything from h face of the earth. Half Tracks? gone, ATGs? gone marders? maybe, anything more armoured? maybe.
longer cooldown like in omg needed so normal barrage can be as usefull as a creeping 2 normals or a creeping
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:10 pm »

longer cooldown like in omg needed so normal barrage can be as usefull as a creeping 2 normals or a creeping

I dropped Creeping Barrage, as i found it was better to be able to fire every 50 seconds with the normal shot, then wait 200seconds to fire the creeping. Which when playing against a player who is paying attention moves thier army out of the way.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 04:05:57 pm »

lolwut?

As i said "i think" it does. Although i may be looking at the wrong weapon. The coders didnt exactly make the names obviouse.

Definetly. You wouldnt belive how many kills a creeping barrage grabs you.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 04:06:31 pm »

I dropped Creeping Barrage, as i found it was better to be able to fire every 50 seconds with the normal shot, then wait 200seconds to fire the creeping. Which when playing against a player who is paying attention moves thier army out of the way.
same i usually just wanna kill a mortar so normal round kill it and shorter reolad
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 04:08:57 pm »

As i said "i think" it does. Although i may be looking at the wrong weapon. The coders didnt exactly make the names obviouse.
Definetly. You wouldnt belive how many kills a creeping barrage grabs you.

With creeping barrage, maybe 20-30 kills

Without 50+

Also to note that regular Puma's regularly penetrate the priest, 2 can kill one in about a one min (im not talking the puma upgunned.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:11:52 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 04:40:33 pm »

I don't want to devolve this thread to a balance discussion, but here are a few things I feel I should comment on. If anyone else would like to discuss these, we can open another thread in the Balance forums.

-Do no increase the Staghound's price, merely nerf it to fit its price. Currently it's properly priced for an armored car, and going the T17 route of increasing its price won't work very well. Perhaps increase the Stag's price slightly (~ 20MP & 10FU) and reduce the Stuart's price to make it a more attractive option (~ 20MP & 5FU). Remove Canister Shot from the Staghound (if not from the game entirely), nerf its top-mounted MG, and give it vehicle crits instead of tank crits.

-Reduce the Commando Sniper's sight range. The thing is fairly cheap, only 40MP more than an Axis Sniper, and the same price as an Allied Sniper. Hell, it's cheaper than an Airborne Sniper, but I'd take the Commando over any of those three. Though it loses Cloak, it can't be killed by a counter-snipe, is practically immune to bike rushes, is much more survivable to small-arms fire, and can pop commando smoke. It should not spot for itself (no sniper should). It is by far the best sniper in the game, and it's price should at least represent that fact.

-Bring back Munitions cost for upgrades on the M8/Puma/Quad/etc. Either go with AmPm's suggestion (going back to Skirts doubling an AC's HP), or give some other small purpose to Skirts (perhaps -10% damage and +10% HP). Anything to get people to spend Munitions on something other than infantry and ATG spam.

-Look into lesser-used units. It really kills me to see so many units considered useless and ignored. Flak 88s/36s, Flakverlings, Whirblewinds, etc. It really kills customization and creativity when some units are just clearly suboptimal.

Also to note that regular Puma's regularly penetrate the priest, 2 can kill one in about a one min (im not talking the puma upgunned.)
Tetrarchs/Stuarts/Staghounds/M8s/T17s can kill a Stuka or hummel even easier, too. Roll Eyes
Learn to protect your assets.

And all this talk bout Creeping Barrage is lol. If you doubt the thing's use or worth, then you aren't doing it right.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »

Gork knows nothing.

It has the same range as a normal barrage (and so it should be)
Its accuracy is hardly bad at all, its just so much better than normal barrage because even if you miss a direct hit on the weapon or infantry, it will sploosh its flames over the land, getting anything there. its best Arty in game when you buy that T3. but so dam expensive.

incendiary barrage decreases AT capabilities to 0

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

it can't be killed by a counter-snipe
WHAT thats its main counter and if your good a microing you will get your sniper to counter snipe the guy with the rifle
please elaborate on how it cant be counter sniped
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:59:09 pm by RoyalHants » Logged
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 05:07:00 pm »

WHAT thats its main counter and if your good a microing you will get your sniper to counter snipe the guy with the rifle
please elaborate on how it cant be counter sniped

i see you're so bright.. and let's take into consideration the instance when the sniper shoots the spotter, i wonder who'll be doing the countersniping then..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc